ADVERTISEMENT

The “All Things UK” Thread

Not sure who I’d think would be a home run hire. 🤔 I really like Dan Hurley, but not sure if that’s possible. It’s going to take some time to rebuild, but it couldn’t get any worse than the last 5 years. I expect the recruits to leave, but todays talent isn’t up to par with the freshman of 7-8 years ago.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Hard NO to Rick.
Hard NO to Billy D.

One of these 3: 1. Oats 2. Hurley 3. Drew

That's it.

I agree. Rick isn’t Rick Pitino anymore and is too old. Billy D has has 2 offers from us and declined. That’s enough.

Time to stop losing to shythole programs like South Carolina.
Morgan-Freeman-Saying-Good-Luck-The-Dark-Knight.gif

True but that is a BS excuse in this case. Give those players to Jay Wright, Coach K etc, and they have multiple rings.
True. Roy did great when he had the best. Imagine Hurley with those boys. I take it back. Cal just sucks. 😉

Feel sorry for the UK fans that post here but then again I don't.

We went through the same thing when Roy retired but it seems like Cal
lost his way especially when you have lottery picks not in your starting 5.

Bottom line is whoever approved that lifetime contract needs to find something
else to do because that allowed Cal not to be all in for UK, but for certain players.

We went through the same thing when Roy retired but it seems like Cal
lost his way especially when you have lottery picks not in your starting 5.

Bottom line is whoever approved that lifetime contract needs to find something
else to do because that allowed Cal not to be all in for UK, but for certain players.
Yeah, most of us have been hoping for the AD to get canned for a long time.

Thanks. . . . ? jumpingsmile

Actually I think we’re all mostly really good with this. I know I am. I’m ready to get a guy who can coach up some talented kids, instead of all these prima donnas that become great 2-3 years later in the NBA. All that talent and getting punked and taunted by Peacocks and Gohlkes. Anyone else can come in and get knocked out in the first round of both the conference and NCAA tourneys.

Thanks. . . . ? jumpingsmile

Actually I think we’re all mostly really good with this. I know I am. I’m ready to get a guy who can coach up some talented kids, instead of all these prima donnas that become great 2-3 years later in the NBA. All that talent and getting punked and taunted by Peacocks and Gohlkes. Anyone else can come in and get knocked out in the first round of both the conference and NCAA tourneys.

Had this happened about 10 years ago I would of been talking major shit but I'm older, a little softer and the UK fans I know personally and the ones here are great people.

Supposedly, Calipari took the offer from Arkansas back to UK’s AD and said “This is what it’s going to take to keep me. . . . “

Barnhart declined.

ADVERTISEMENT