Cyril Somto
Quaintance
Richmond
Burks
Hart
Transfer
Travis Perry

Graduating / NBA Reeves, Shep, DIlly, Wagner, Mitchell, Edwards

Transfers out of UK Ugonna, Bradshaw (USC)

How do we feel about this?

If Cal stays (I really think he does) are we looking at

Big Z
Adou Theiro
Karter Knox
Transfer
Boogie Fland

Bench

Cyril Somto
Quaintance
Richmond
Burks
Hart
Transfer
Travis Perry

Graduating / NBA Reeves, Shep, DIlly, Wagner, Mitchell, Edwards

Transfers out of UK Ugonna, Bradshaw (USC)

How do we feel about this?

When UK’s top-ranked talent gets to March;

slambo-25fe.gif

Which would have been worse? Not getting into the tournament or dropping the stinker against Oakland? Which is more embarrassing or will be more embarrassing over the next few years?

Absolutely maddening! Makes me want to choke him. Instead of replacing poorly-performing players in the lineup, he decided to continue to lose over hurting their feelings. Grrrrrr! :mad: This is why the program has eroded to what it is today, instead of what it’s capable of! This is coaching malpractice, a FIREABLE offense! Promises were made to these players they’d start if they chose UK, performance be damned.

• Sad
Reactions: Anthony B
Absolutely maddening! Makes me want to choke him. Instead of replacing poorly-performing players in the lineup, he decided to continue to lose over hurting their feelings. Grrrrrr! :mad: This is why the program has eroded to what it is today, instead of what it’s capable of! This is coaching malpractice, a FIREABLE offense! Promises were made to these players they’d start if they chose UK, performance be damned.

So apparently Reed, Rob, Aaron, Ado and Z don't have feelings too.

This whole 'players first' bullshit is what creates this issue. Cal caters to these kids and hand feeds them everything they want in an effort to keep them from pouting. That is ridiculous and it creates a favoritism issue.

That’s what happened with Wheeler, last year, once he finally took him out of the starting lineup, Wheeler pouted and quit, then Cal lied to everyone and said he was injured.

Then there was the Shaedon Sharp bullshit.

If I'm Mitch, I tell Cal that shit ends now, or you leave. You never put players ahead of the program, or other players because you fear they will quit. And my God, how ridiculous is it to see a grown ass man bottle feeding dudes that are headed for the NBA? I can't believe the shit show Cal has been orchestrating.

So, the players that don't pout and have a great attitude, get put on the bench because there are 2 players that are big babies. How Edwards and DJ could face the rest of their team every day in that locker room, knowing that the reason they start, is because they are pouters, is weird to me.

Last edited:
So apparently Reed, Rob, Aaron, Ado and Z don't have feelings too.

This whole 'players first' bullshit is what creates this issue. Cal caters to these kids and hand feeds them everything they want in an effort to keep them from pouting. That is ridiculous and it creates a favoritism issue.

That’s what happened with Wheeler, last year, once he finally took him out of the starting lineup, Wheeler pouted and quit, then Cal lied to everyone and said he was injured.

Then there was the Shaedon Sharp bullshit.

If I'm Mitch, I tell Cal that shit ends now, or you leave. You never put players ahead of the program, or other players because you fear they will quit. And my God, how ridiculous is it to see a grown ass man bottle feeding dudes that are headed for the NBA? I can't believe the shit show Cal has been orchestrating.

So, the players that don't pout and have a great attitude, get put on the bench because there are 2 players that are big babies. How Edwards and DJ could face the rest of their team every day in that locker room, knowing that the reason they start, is because they are pouters, is weird to me.

I think ultimately it’s because Cal makes promises with Klutch sports for these kids and it comes back to bite him. Mitch should have told him that with Wheeler. So demotivating.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I think ultimately it’s because Cal makes promises with Klutch sports for these kids and it comes back to bite him. Mitch should have told him that with Wheeler. So demotivating.
I think that has something to do with it, but Bradshaw was also a Klutch kid, but Cal benched him and rarely played him from February 1st on.
I'm not sure DJ is a klutch kid, but either way, Cal just needs to stop taking kids repped by Klutch.
It’s bad enough that he lets players hurt feelings dictate playing time, but to also allow an outside agency to shut a player down to protect his draft stock and still use the facilities, is a problem.
But still, you don't shit on other players to keep other players from pouting. That is some bullshit.

Not sure if already posted but this was interesting. I wonder how many other coaches are the " middle man " as it were.

The dysfunction of NIL deals with Kentucky Basketball is maddening​

Reactions: Random UK Fan
It’s wild waking up in the middle of the night to see Calipari is leaving with no rumors anywhere. Typing this as proof I’m not sleep walking!

ADVERTISEMENT