ADVERTISEMENT

Thank Goodness the Long Boring Offseason is Over.

I worked last night so I’ll be sleepin all day.Eyeroll

Just finished watching Duke's game from last night. Definitely has a better showing against Army than they did last year. Tough schedule this year. But I think thsy will be in another bowl game and hopefully win it too.

Reactions: tw3301
Just finished watching Duke's game from last night. Definitely has a better showing against Army than they did last year. Tough schedule this year. But I think thsy will be in another bowl game and hopefully win it too.
is it true they shoot ppl for missed blocks?

Really glad college football is back. I'm more of college sports fan myself, and these football Saturday's help pass the time until Basketball season.
Hey, I'll get back with you soon. I got called into duty: WORK.

Have 5 lbs of BBQ, 48 beers, Eagle Rare bourbon and friends on the way.

Go Cats
Roll Tide

Reactions: treyforuk
Hope the food was good. Y'all got your ass whooped. Then came back within 7, got the onside kick and then...... lost.

Duke 1-0

unc 0-1
Food was great. UNC is more of a basketball school, football isn’t really our thing. Too bad you know nothing about that.SmokinSmile

Everything great converges; College Football, Basketball, Fall, Holidays.
October to Christmas is just an awesome time. Football...basketball...holidays...And around here, it's normally not to cold.
But fvck Jan and Feb.

Reactions: RipThru
Food was great. UNC is more of a basketball school, football isn’t really our thing. Too bad you know nothing about that.SmokinSmile
We know plenty about football not being UNC's thing. Even though y'all cheated for thirty years to get over that hump. What you know bout dat?

We know plenty about football not being UNC's thing. Even though y'all cheated for thirty years to get over that hump. What you know bout dat?

We also know who’s up in the head to head matchups too. What ACC school hasn’t won a conference title in football, baseball or basketball in 26 years? If you need a hint I’ll be glad to give you one. Laughing

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Its says cheating has been good to the Heels!
And by not cheating, State and other ACC schools have been at a disadvantage.

Hate football so my sports season is still in full summer drought. Basically waiting for the Ryder Cup as the only sports thing to watch until basketball starts.

Really glad college football is back. I'm more of college sports fan myself, and these football Saturday's help pass the time until Basketball season.

Agreed. I watch zero NBA games, and maybe 5 NFL games total and those are mostly playoff games. Last Saturday was fantastic. I won't watch any of the hometown Chiefs games until Sundays are too bad to play golf. Beginning the first of November I watch one hell of a lot of college basketball and DVR all of the KU games. I couldn't name 3 KC Royal names.

NFL kicks off tomorrow night, my friend. The best time of the year for sports is quickly approaching.
I cannot wait, Jimbo. Even after 0-16 I have not been this excited about a Browns' season since the Butch Davis years.

Have always thought Hue got a bad rap based on having the worst QBs in the NFL and inheriting a 3-13 team that stripped its roster. Not a good combo. No excuses this year.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I cannot wait, Jimbo. Even after 0-16 I have not been this excited about a Browns' season since the Butch Davis years.

Have always thought Hue got a bad rap based on having the worst QBs in the NFL and inheriting a 3-13 team that stripped its roster. Not a good combo. No excuses this year.
A lot of people thinking the Browns could possibly even sneak a wild card spot in this season. Would be totally nuts. You and I will have to banter when the Browns and Panthers play each other later in the season. Love what our team is looking like this year. Our biggest problem is the division we play in. Between us, the Aints, and the Falcons, its going to be tough to win that thing. But my god have I missed football.

A lot of people thinking the Browns could possibly even sneak a wild card spot in this season. Would be totally nuts. You and I will have to banter when the Browns and Panthers play each other later in the season. Love what our team is looking like this year. Our biggest problem is the division we play in. Between us, the Aints, and the Falcons, its going to be tough to win that thing. But my god have I missed football.
Your division always seems so unpredictable to me. Hope that's true this year since we play the South and many think it's among the toughest.

Hope NO gets off to one of those slow starts they are known for....only to finish 11-5.

I refereed a MS football game last night. Man...Didnt realize what I'd been missing. Easiest $75 I've ever made. And I wouldve made more if I had gotten a dollar for every time I had to explain to the coach what a ****n horse collar is. Jesus. I've only done football for two years. And I know.

I refereed a MS football game last night. Man...Didnt realize what I'd been missing. Easiest $75 I've ever made. And I wouldve made more if I had gotten a dollar for every time I had to explain to the coach what a ****n horse collar is. Jesus. I've only done football for two years. And I know.

What did he do, teach his kids to tackle that way lol.

Sidenote: The HS where I graduated is honoring the football team I played on my senior year of HS. An article was reprinted about it. To get to the chase, an Official died on the field just before half time.

Has that ever happened while you were reffing?

Mahomes confirmed what I already knew. That he, Andy and Tyreek will own the NFL. Who needs defensive backs.

Last edited:
What did he do, teach his kids to tackle that way lol.

Sidenote: The HS where I graduated is honoring the football team I played on my senior year of HS. An article was reprinted about it. To get to the chase, an Official died on the field just before half time.

Has that ever happened while you were reffing?
Never had an official die. But have had one have a heart attack.
Horse collar rule is misunderstood. You can grab a player underneath the shoulder pads. But to be s horse collar, you have either pull them back or sideways. And to the groumd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT