ADVERTISEMENT

Texas/WV

Wowww. That dish for the 3 was insane. Choke job by wvu imo.

Also this is some BS that WVU still doesn't allow fans. Aren't we the only big 12 team that doesn't?

Complete chokejob by Matthews. Grabs a rebound with 10 seconds left and a lead and throws up a shot immediately. Then bricks two FTs as an 89% shooter. Pitiful sequence.

True, I thought he should have passed it back out and wasted some clock, but he did almost get an and-one.

Reactions: UL_1986
Hmm u don’t say.
good win I thought that -1.5 was too go to be true but hit Tex anyways. Nailbiiter.

They rebounded the ball well and forced Texas into some mistakes.

Their guards are decent and Culver is a hand full.

WVU going to get a team or maybe two at the top this year.
Similar to Tech.

Lol, you talk like we aren't one of the teams at the top too. The only true top team is Baylor. Texas, Kansas, WVU, Texas Tech are all interchangeable.

You are 2-3 in the conference.
Being a little bit of a homer here

Already 3 games back

I'll repeat one of your favorite things to say.."it's still early"

We were up pretty much all game with one of our players we had counted on against your excellent guards, out with the flu. I know we aren't that deep now but poor substitution by Huggins as well. Our players were gassed at the end.

I'll repeat one of your favorite things to say.."it's still early"

We were up pretty much all game with one of our players we had counted on against your excellent guards, out with the flu. If he is in, and we have 3k fans, we win easily. I know we aren't deep but poor substitution by Huggins as well. Our players were gassed at the end.

Going off KenPom WVU doesn't have a Top 40 win.
Don't think Tech has one either

This is where the difference is at

Going off KenPom WVU doesn't have a Top 40 win.
Don't think Tech has one either

This is where the difference is at

Won't be long and we will. Overall we have played a strong schedule. Texas is very good but we play 10 times at a neutral site and it's likely 5-5. You guys aren't much better like you think.

I dont think he,s a homer I think he telling you the truth HOOKEM.

Won't be long and we will. Overall we have played a strong schedule. Texas is very good but we play 10 times at a neutral site and it's likely 5-5. You guys aren't much better like you think.

You are going off of one game. I am going off the entire season
Big difference.

Texas didn't play particularly well today and found a way to win.

Regarding your schedule. You played three teams in the Top 40 and haven't won any one of them

Like me saying you would go 5-5 against Oklahoma State because that game was close.
As of right now they are 41 in KenPom and WVU was outplayed and if Cunningham didn't have 4 fouls wouldn't have won that game.

You are very close to being 1-4 in the Big 12 right now.

You are going off of one game. I am going off the entire season
Big difference.

Texas didn't play particularly well today and found a way to win.

Regarding your schedule. You played three teams in the Top 40 and haven't won any one of them

Like me saying you would go 5-5 against Oklahoma State because that game was close.
As of right now they are 41 in KenPom and WVU was outplayed and if Cunningham didn't have 4 fouls wouldn't have won that game.

You are very close to being 1-4 in the Big 12 right now.

We have played the #1, #4, #6 teams and have led every one of those teams at half. We just have to learn how to finish..we are still young and I believe we will.

Also, you want to talk about Cunningham with fouls. Did you watch our game against Gonazaga? If our 2 bigs weren't in foul trouble (and several were BS that even announcers and the Zag fan here admitted was bad calls at the end) we would have won that game.

So if it's irrelevant in that game than why did you mention Cunningham having 4 fouls like it's our fault and the reason they lost? You contradict yourself so much.

So if it's irrelevant in that game than why did you mention Cunningham having 4 fouls like it's our fault and the reason they lost? You contradict yourself so much.

You are the one talking about being up the entire game as if that means anything
Reason why I brought up Oklahoma State. They had a double digit lead a lot of that game against WVU

Still butthurt..

Baylor is a more important game.
More important in some ways, but there’s no denying that players bring it to another level when playing KU. Right now OU is playing with an energy and focus like they haven’t had all year. We are used to it. If Texas went into AFH with the energy/focus they had today, Texas would have left with a loss. That’s ok though. Keep it up and keep playing like this for the next decade and teams will start to bring it like this against your horns.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big ol arms
More important in some ways, but there’s no denying that players bring it to another level when playing KU. Right now OU is playing with an energy and focus like they haven’t had all year. We are used to it. If Texas went into AFH with the energy/focus they had today, Texas would have left with a loss. That’s ok though. Keep it up and keep playing like this for the next decade and teams will start to bring it like this against your horns.

🤣😂🤣😂

Not even going to touch the stupidity here.

🤣😂🤣😂

Not even going to touch the stupidity here.
Truth is stupidity now? You don’t have an argument for it so you just laugh.

You’re already seeing it in football. Texas isn’t what they used to be, but you kicked everybody’s ass for so long that a lot of teams see blood in the water when they play you. Our horrible Jayhawks have taken you to the wire several times in recent years despite the coaching and talent disadvantage. That Texas name brings out the best in opponents.

You are the one talking about being up the entire game as if that means anything
Reason why I brought up Oklahoma State. They had a double digit lead a lot of that game against WVU

I just think it's funny you mention his fouls as the reason they lost. He still played 32 minutes in the game, more than any of our players except Culver. Cunningham averages 33 minutes on the year.

Truth is stupidity now? You don’t have an argument for it so you just laugh.

You’re already seeing it in football. Texas isn’t what they used to be, but you kicked everybody’s ass for so long that a lot of teams see blood in the water when they play you. Our horrible Jayhawks have taken you to the wire several times in recent years despite the coaching and talent disadvantage. That Texas name brings out the best in opponents.

Rationalizing things....
Not a good way to be

I just think it's funny you mention his fouls as the reason they lost. He still played 32 minutes in the game, more than any of our players except Culver. Cunningham averages 33 minutes on the year.

Going back to the Oklahoma State game...

Doesn't matter WVU won the game.
He was in foul trouble because WVU got him into foul trouble...

Like I said it is irrelevant that Oklahoma State dominated a good portion of that game.
Because they couldn't win.

Rationalizing things....
Not a good way to be
So you deny that teams bring it with more energy when they play a team with a name? Or a team that has kicked their ass for years? Sorry, but you’re going to be in the extreme minority there.
Even top teams fall victim to it. I’ve seen enough KU/DUKE, KU/MSU, UNC/Kentucky games over the years to see that even big name teams bring it to another level when they play each other. Same with rivals. My Jayhawks used to bring it up a notch when they played Mizzou, and vice versa. In football Texas has shown a bit of weakness lately, and teams tend to bring it when they play you guys. Just the way it is.

So you deny that teams bring it with more energy when they play a team with a name? Or a team that has kicked their ass for years? Sorry, but you’re going to be in the extreme minority there.
Even top teams fall victim to it. I’ve seen enough KU/DUKE, KU/MSU, UNC/Kentucky games over the years to see that even big name teams bring it to another level when they play each other. Same with rivals. My Jayhawks used to bring it up a notch when they played Mizzou, and vice versa. In football Texas has shown a bit of weakness lately, and teams tend to bring it when they play you guys. Just the way it is.

Texas name carries more weight than Kansas regardless of the sport.

Just facts. They are the biggest athletic department

Texas name carries more weight than Kansas regardless of the sport.

Just facts. They are the biggest athletic department
Nobody gives a f*ck how big your AD is. It doesn’t matter to the players, it doesn’t matter to the fans. Texas isn’t going to bring the same effort out of opposing basketball teams that Kansas will. That’s like saying that KU football in ‘07 would have carried more weight with opponents than Texas. Teams and opponents care about the name with regards to historical prominence/dominance. Teams don’t get get hyped to bring it against a team because their AD brings in a ton of revenue. How dumb are you? Jesus, that was one of the most illogical things I’ve ever read.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Nobody gives a f*ck how big your AD is. It doesn’t matter to the players, it doesn’t matter to the fans. Texas isn’t going to bring the same effort out of opposing basketball teams that Kansas will. That’s like saying that KU football in ‘07 would have carried more weight with opponents than Texas. Teams and opponents care about the name with regards to historical prominence/dominance. Teams don’t get get hyped to bring it against a team because their AD brings in a ton of revenue. How dumb are you? Jesus, that was one of the most illogical things I’ve ever read.

You aren't Texas.
Hate to tell you but the conference revolves around Texas regardless of the sport.

But the Kansas name does carry weight. You will see once Les Miles gets that program going
The Jayhawk is recognized because of your basketball program
Just not to the level of Texas

ADVERTISEMENT