ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee will be visiting Kentucky Saturday

Not sure what you do if you are UT. Oscar just threw it up at the goal since the shot clock was out and it rolled in. Just have to get through this game and forget about it. That is what UNC did, lol

Reactions: Random UK Fan
So much for that vaunted defense.

Admittedly I can’t say much. Both teams took mine to the woodshed.

This is tough to watch.
200.gif

Feels like this where Cal goes stall ball. Just keep doing what we've been doing.

No excuse not clear 100 with 10 min left Cal.

69%? And Tennessee is supposedly one of the top defensive teams? Good Lord.
It was closer to 80% for 3/4 of the game. UK has been slumping and took their foot off the gas around the 10 minute mark. Classic Cal stallball.

Great game UK fans!

Some days you're the windshield and some days you're the bug. Today we were the bug. I thought UK played perfect and believe it or not, I didn't think UT played all that bad. Good luck going forward and beat Auburn!.

BTW, this doesn't change anything we will be kicking y'all's asses at TBA. Again, congrats on a great performance!

Just one thing---I'm so glad I'm not a betting dude.

Had you told me TN would shoot 56% overall....48% from three before the game,I would have bet my family they'd win---and probably by 10+. UK goes all Villanova today on the Vols.

NOte: UK was 22-28 in the first half. Exact numbers Villanova shot in their upset of Gtown , in Rupp, in the first half...

At one time, UK was 35-43 from the floor----WTF?

What a performance.

Great game UK fans!

Some days you're the windshield and some days you're the bug. Today we were the bug. I thought UK played perfect and believe it or not, I didn't think UT played all that bad. Good luck going forward and beat Auburn!.

BTW, this doesn't change anything we will be kicking y'all's asses at TBA. Again, congrats on a great performance!
Outside of the turnovers(18?), TN didn't play bad at all. But when a team shoots like UK did today............Forget it.

Remonded of IU vs Kent State in ELite 8. Hit their first 8 three's...Ended up 15-19. Or against Illinois, when they were like 17-22. Crazy.

Outside of the turnovers(18?), TN didn't play bad at all. But when a team shoots like UK did today............Forget it.

Remonded of IU vs Kent State in ELite 8. Hit their first 8 three's...Ended up 15-19. Or against Illinois, when they were like 17-22. Crazy.
That is kinda the way I saw it too. UK just played lights out.

I actually think UT played better offensively than they have all year. Kind of shows the ceilings for these two teams IMO.
Yep. UT played well. But UK was on another planet(shooting). Almost 70% overall....62% from three(11-18)....95% from the line(20-21).

No one beats anyone when you shoot like that.

Great game UK fans!

Thanks della. Good luck until we meet again.

Reactions: della
Yep. UT played well. But UK was on another planet(shooting). Almost 70% overall....62% from three(11-18)....95% from the line(20-21).

No one beats anyone when you shoot like that.
Just saying offensively, UT hasn’t played better, could be wrong. And still got drummed by 30. Ceiling wise, UK is way above UT

Reactions: CB3UK
Mmmm too much sugar, well, one cinnamon doughnut won't hurt.

UK's still gonna win by 20 whether I eat that doughnut or not.
See, @della , the good news is, I was way off on my prediction that UK would win by 20.

The bad news is, UK won by 28.

The really bad news is, UT was shooting 28% from 3 point range on the season, but they hit 11 threes at 48% shooting AND shot 53% from inside the arc… .and STILL lost by a huge margin.

That # 2 defensive efficiency ranking took a big hit, UK shot 68% from the field. 😮

Reactions: JC for 3
Just saying offensively, UT hasn’t played better, could be wrong. And still got drummed by 30. Ceiling wise, UK is way above UT
Well, sure if they shoot 70% from the floor, 62% from 3 and 95% from the line---WIth those numbers,their ceiling is better than the Rockets.. 🤣

As far as better(offensively)----they were pretty good vs UNC(54%/46%/84%), with just 9 tunrovers.

Turnovers played a huge role----UT i believe ended with 20------not sure how many points UK scored off those. I do know at one point, fast break points was 29-0.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Great game UK fans!

Good post Della, but UK is still going to win by 20 in TBA.

Great game UK fans!

I still love you, Della. UK better tighten up that defense for the return trip to TBA.

Reactions: della
Good post Della, but UK is still going to win by 20 in TBA.
I'd bet every single dime I have that doesn't happen. Unless of course they go all video game on TN again...

TBH, I think TN/UK are actually pretty evenly matched. Cats just played really, really well---and shot like , I mean....holy moses.

Auburn, UK, UT, LSU is my Top 3----then there is a team like Arkansas, that can beat anyone. THen Bama. After that, league is meh----THough A&M can be dangerous.

If I had to pick best team, I'd take Auburn. BUt honestly, think its a damn coin flip with those three.

See, @della , the good news is, I was way off on my prediction that UK would win by 20.

The bad news is, UK won by 28.

The really bad news is, UT was shooting 28% from 3 point range on the season, but they hit 11 threes at 48% shooting AND shot 53% from inside the arc… .and STILL lost by a huge margin.

That # 2 defensive efficiency ranking took a big hit, UK shot 68% from the field. 😮
FG% also includes three-pointers.

ADVERTISEMENT