ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee vs Kentucky

It should be but they usually won’t even visit a school in back to back seasons. I think Kansas has had the most Gameday visits ever, atleast that was the case a couple of years ago, and they usually only come there every other year. I don’t recall them ever doing once place twice in one season but I could be wrong.

I hear you. But if UK wins both games next week (not a given considering Carolina has been very good in SEC play + Mississippi State on the road) they'd be stupid not to have what will be a 5 vs 1 matchup for gameday imo.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I refuse your reality and substitute my own.
d0LY37P.png

not all that surprised by the outcome of this game. tennessee is good, but was never convinced of their being "great", #1 in the nation status. kentucky is good as well, and in on upward trajectory. as usual cal has his guys hitting on all cylinders when they need to be.

This will add another level of excitement to the game. I hope neither team forgets we both have another game before or match up. It would tarnish the luster. So, good luck against LSU.
Good game Della. Tennessee is really really good

Reactions: della
It's too bad Tennessee is the mew king of the SEC, someone needs to tell our guys to be more respectful. Laughing

It's too bad Tennessee is the mew king of the SEC, someone needs to tell our guys to be more respectful. Laughing

what was going on in this game? were the question marks surrounding tennessee true (haven't played anybody in a while, won't be used to being the hunted, etc)? has kentucky come of age as a team, not ready to be dethroned in the sec? bit of both?

very intriguing lead up to this game and i admit (painful for me) that kentucky looked pretty damn good.

what was going on in this game? were the question marks surrounding tennessee true (haven't played anybody in a while, won't be used to being the hunted, etc)? has kentucky come of age as a team, not ready to be dethroned in the sec? bit of both?

very intriguing lead up to this game and i admit (painful for me) that kentucky looked pretty damn good.

I think it was a little of both things you mentioned, sprinkled with some "mad as hell" about the ending of the LSU game.

I still think we're better than Tennessee (both are top six at worst), but this was really a perfect storm for a Tennessee loss. The rematch (and second rematch?) should be fun.

I really don't think the Vols deserve any accolades, the night belonged to UK start to finish. Congrats on the win.

Oh you could tell how damn good of a team you guys have how you cut the lead down to 11 in the blink of an eye.........

We played our best game yet and you guys had too many cold shooting spells ... it happens .. I just hope you guys dont take out full revenge and drill every shot down in Knoxville lol.

I was really impressed by UK tonight. They were absolutely dominant from start to finish. Honestly the best part for UT was when they led 2-0 to start the game. Looking forward to the return matchup at UT on March 2. Congrats to UK for a dominant performance.

Tucky’s Super coming up on Saturday. Just a business trip for the #1 team though
Apparently you were correct ThePerkisSystem. Ken'Tucky' apparently though it was a big game and beat the shit out of your team. It was about damned time Tennessee came into Rupp with a high enough rating to get the team excited. In fact that is the first time UT was ever number 1 when they played "Tucky".

Welcome it is good to see that you decided to support Tennessee basketball this week for the first time in the history of Rivals National Basketball board.

You may want to respect the team that whipped your number one team by 17 and not call them "Tucky".

Apparently you were correct ThePerkisSystem. Ken'Tucky' apparently though it was a big game and beat the shit out of your team. It was about damned time Tennessee came into Rupp with a high enough rating to get the team excited. In fact that is the first time UT was ever number 1 when they played "Tucky".

Welcome it is good to see that you decided to support Tennessee basketball this week for the first time in the history of Rivals National Basketball board.

You may want to respect the team that whipped your number one team by 17 and not call them "Tucky".
Call em 'Nessee.

LOL...You are moving the goal post to fit your argument. For teams who need to win the conference tournament, of course it is more important. But in a P5 conference, that is very rarely the case. For a P5 conference team, you cement your seed on how you do in your conference, OVERALL. UK winning the SECT had no impact on their seed...UT losing the SECT had no impact. BUT....UT winning the regular season title, did. And that is normally the case. You know this. You just don't want to admit it. And I get it.

As for IU, and the BTT? Who knows. Season isn't over. I'll let you know in a week or two.
I guess you don't have to worry about IU winning the regular BIG 10 season. Would you consider IU winning the Big 10 tourney more important now. I guess it doesn't matter cause that will not happen.

I guess you don't have to worry about IU winning the regular BIG 10 season. Would you consider IU winning the Big 10 tourney more important now. I guess it doesn't matter cause that will not happen.
You still don't understand the ignorance of your post, do you?

You still don't understand the ignorance of your post, do you?
You still don't understand that winning the conference tournament is more important to the majority of teams in college basketball than winning a regular season game.

What kind of stupid ass trolling question is that? They are ranked ahead of duke. They had won 19 straight. They didn’t win any type of lottery to be ranked number 1.

Hey Boogs, take a breath. I know that 1-2 record against top 25 teams is impressive... I was just asking a question is all. Don’t be so touchy.

As they say Rent free troll!

Q: How is Simple Man like a pretzel?

A: Pretzels don’t know how to use quotation marks either!

Oh, and salt. Lots and lots of salt.

You still don't understand that winning the conference tournament is more important to the majority of teams in college basketball than winning a regular season game.
If by majority you mean mid major teams....Then sure. Or the bottom feeder teams of P5 conferences----then sure. I never disagreed with that. But that isn't the case for UT/UK. Won't be again this year either. Not sure why that is so difficult for you to understand? I mean you went from calling the SECT final as more important to UK/UT, then the 2 regular season games----To, conference tournaments being more important for the majority of CBB teams. You just didn't move the goal post on this----You moved the entire stadium.

Who gives a shit? I’m sure each person has their own opinion as to which one they think is more important. Is it really that big a deal?

not all that surprised by the outcome of this game. tennessee is good, but was never convinced of their being "great", #1 in the nation status. kentucky is good as well, and in on upward trajectory. as usual cal has his guys hitting on all cylinders when they need to be.
Count yourself then as probably the only person not surprised. TN is really good. Tonight, UK was simple better. Played harder...took the fight to TN, and the Vols simply didn't respond. That sometimes happens. Vols missed a ton of open looks, that had they gone in(especially in the 1st half), it may have been a different game. What was impressive was the first five minutes of the 2nd half. That was as good as I have seen Kentucky. Just flat out whooped UT's ass those first 5 minutes of 2nd half, and tht was that.
Rematch in Knoxville will be an interesting one for sure.

I don't think tonight was an indicator of UT not being that good, as much as it was an indicator of how good UK can be.

ADVERTISEMENT