ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee, Arkansas, S. Carolina & Kentucky

1257642_d78a3a507a33134a01821ffd40dd2b45.gif

Jeff --------------------------------- Exit
No no dearest Della, this is the undercard, the blue ones are fighting in the championship round.

LOL. I twisted nothing. Meanwhile, you just lied about 5 times in a single post. Impressive.

Nice try. So to answer the question of who gives a shit about NBA talent…you do.

Such a lie. 🤣

I wouldn’t have said a word about the NBA if you hadn’t gone there. I’m the last person to judge players by their draft status. Do I think that many of the players drafted from Kentucky were good in college? Yeah. Because I watched them. Not because they were on draft boards.

And you’ll definitely never catch me saying that a projected 2nd round project who’s never played a single college game is better than an All American who’s put up big numbers for four years. That shit is hilarious.

Very detailed. Definitely no bullshit here.

Out of curiosity, I read through about 50 posts about HD on a Michigan forum from 6 mo ago. Most were complimentary and wished him well. There was exactly one negative comment about the locker room, and it was really vague, just saying that he wasn’t a good locker room presence. Another post specifically said “Not a cancer by any means.” Verdict: bullshit.

Btw, did you know that Reed Sheppard is a locker room cancer? Source: Tennessee fans.
My God man, you need to take a shower after all this bullshit.

• Haha
Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
No no dearest Della, this is the undercard, the blue ones are fighting in the championship round.
Jeffy, I watched UK and Kansas this year and maybe it would be the NIT Championship round.

• Haha
Reactions: Blueheart32
I'm guessing because UT made it further in the tournament?
That means nothing when the conversation is H2H.
Sticks tongue out.
You have a point, who cares about the tournament?

Reading the thread title, the first thing that came to mind is....they have a shit ton of money.

It's how wisely they spend it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
First of all, I'm not saying I expect Arkansas to be in the final four.

Second, his top 7 weren't far more talented the last four years. Definitely not in '21. Plus, the roster's far from complete. Do you really think everybody they add from this point is going to be a scrub? For all we know, he might grab a couple of the best guys who pull out of the draft. It's not like Arkansas isn't willing to spend, as they've already proven.

And we don't know who's going to be elite. Fland could be great, maybe Z makes a big jump...who knows. Just last season, you had a pair of guys drastically outperform their rankings, yet you're automatically writing off a couple top 20ish prospects?

Who are Kentucky's elite players as of now, btw? Who can they count on to go get 20?
It’s a disaster. We may lose D1 status.

Looking at the last 4 years, Cal has embarrassed himself with far more talent than what he's about to have at Arkansas.

Fland is no John Wall and Knox is no Malik Monk.

Cal just lost 10 games (5 in Rupp) with a team that had 2 lottery picks coming off the bench. He’s in deep shit if he rolls this lineup out there.

Big Z and Aidoo are role players at the 5 and neither are polished back-to-the-basket scorers, Cal has to have that, because he runs his offense through the post.

Right now, Arkansas has 1 elite guy, Davis is it, the rest are role players. If he sucked with last years roster, how is he going to win with this one?

You tell me, what would Bill Self have accomplished with the roster Cal had last year? Would he have lost 10 games?
I think you’re underselling it. Arkansas is likely finishing at the bottom of the conference. Cal can’t coach, 1 elite player(coached by cal…lol), and a bunch of guys that can’t shoot at all. He may be on the hot seat.

on paper, Arkansas looks like they could be pretty good, but cal can’t coach and we haven’t recruited anyone that shoot. Plus they’re all role players. It’s an impending disaster,
The proper answer should have been “it will clearly be a Cal vs Barnes SEC”.

I can only share so much love without reciprocation.

I know you hate them, but I believe Bama will be this years SEC champs. And I know everything……..so. 🤣
The Vols will grind bama into meal as usual. bama returns no one, cause who would want to come back?

Reactions: Blueheart32
The Vols will grind bama into meal as usual. bama returns no one, cause who would want to come back?
Can you imagine going to the final four and the whole team leaves? They loaded back up though. We will see how it all shakes out.

I think you’re underselling it. Arkansas is likely finishing at the bottom of the conference. Cal can’t coach, 1 elite player(coached by cal…lol), and a bunch of guys that can’t shoot at all. He may be on the hot seat.
In case you're not joking, I disagree. Cal will lose games he has no business losing, then he will win games that blow your mind. He'll have Arkansas in the middle of the SEC and I say that because the freshmen will be needed to play big minutes and they're all projects. These kids aren't John Wall, Dillingham, Fox, or Monk caliber players.
I think it’s foolish to only go with a 9 man roster, but this is Cal, he doesn't want to bring guys in that are going to steal minutes from his freshmen while they learn the ropes. I wish I was kidding.

In case you're not joking, I disagree. Cal will lose games he has no business losing, then he will win games that blow your mind. He'll have Arkansas in the middle of the SEC and I say that because the freshmen will be needed to play big minutes and they're all projects. These kids aren't John Wall, Dillingham, Fox, or Monk caliber players.
I think it’s foolish to only go with a 9 man roster, but this is Cal, he doesn't want to bring guys in that are going to steal minutes from his freshmen while they learn the ropes. I wish I was kidding.

How do you know what these freshmen are going to be?

Were you right about all of Kentucky’s freshmen last year? Or any of them?

Reactions: fleckabelly
You mentioned that it could be a disaster and I’m simply adding a bit of levity to the statement. I think we’ll be just fine.

Out of that group, Arkansas will look a lot like Kentucky with Cals coaching, and even with that talented roster there is little experience except for Aidoo and Davis. Don't know much about Blake.
Kentucky will be below Arky, then Tennessee and SC.
Barns is in somewhat of a rebuild and SC is well SC.

How do you know what these freshmen are going to be?

Were you right about all of Kentucky’s freshmen last year? Or any of them?
Because I've lived with it for 15 years, but more importantly, the last 4 years, it's been very consistent. Haven't seen the Zion's, or the Wall's, Fox's, Monk's etc… , but even then, too many of these can't miss talents have turned out to be duds, especially under Cal. BJ Boston, Clarke, Kevin Knox, Khalil Whitney, Justin Edwards, DJ Wagner, Bradshaw etc…
Not to mention, the kids the Cal has in this freshmen class, are rated much lower than what he typically gets. Knox is a project and Boogie Fland is nowhere near Dillingham/Fox/Wall territory, he’s going to look like a freshman, he’s not a can't miss prospect.

Sure, there are some guys that surprised, like Reed Sheppard and to a certain extent, Dillingham, but freshmen these days all seem to have a common issue and that’s defending. They are all wired to play offense, but none of them come in as defensive guys and that’s part of the reason UK was ranked in the triple digits in defensive efficiency last year.

I will be surprised if the freshmen in this class are good enough to make Arkansas any good and since Cal is only reportedly signing 9 guys, those freshmen are going to be counted on to be elite.

Remember, Cal runs a very simplified offense and a very plain jane switching defense that always struggles with ball screens and pick and rolls.

If Cal was truly in it for team accomplishments, he would bring in more upperclassmen to carry the load, but that would mean he would have to bring his new toys in off the bench and there's no way he's doing that. His #1 goal is to get those guys to the draft, it always has been.

You mentioned that it could be a disaster and I’m simply adding a bit of levity to the statement. I think we’ll be just fine.
I'm not saying it will be a disaster, middle of the SEC is not a disaster, but just keep in mind, this freshmen class he brought in, doesn't have an elite player and even if they were ranked high, you have to be careful, a lot of those rankings are based on potential, basically what they will become sometime down the road.

Justin Edwards was expected to be the #1 pick in the draft, he stunk. DJ Wagner was supposed to be a lottery pick, he was mid, BJ Boston stunk up the place after all the hype, he even hired a camera crew to follow him around, was supposed to be a lottery pick and Khalil Whitney didn’t even make it half the season. Schaedon Sharpe didn’t even play, it was a complete shit show. Cal told the fans to get to the games early to watch him warm up. that was fun.

He's not kidding when he says he's a "players first coach". All coaches look out for their players, but Cal puts individual goals ahead of winning, just keep that in mind.

Thing is, it doesn’t matter how badly these guys suck, Cal will stick with them even if they play losing basketball. He stuck with Edwards, Boston, Whitney, DJ and even Wheeler, no matter what.

Heck, it seemed like Boston was being paid to lose games, Cal didn’t care, he was bound and determined to let Boston play through it. UK went 9-16 that year while better players sat on the bench.

Give me your take on the freshmen and Big Z. Tell me what you think you’re going to get out of those guys?

UK fans got burned out on the one-and-done stuff. We bought into the hype every year and it was great for a while, but the last 4 years was a nightmare.

Last edited:
Don’t forget the opponent’s inbounds play under their basket. Happened about 2x/game.
And Cal's lack of inbounds plays.

The talent from 09-17 was good enough to hide a lot of his shortcomings, but there's no hiding the fact that he has 1 title with more talent than anyone has ever had in the history of the sport.

Without Quaintance and Somto, this is by far Cal's worst class since his Memphis days. His highest rated recruit is Fland at 20th. He has three 4* recruits and they're all going to be counted on to play big minutes.

I don't see how anyone can think Arkansas has a better roster. I'll take UK's proven seniors over a few 4* high school kids.

The talent from 09-17 was good enough to hide a lot of his shortcomings, but there's no hiding the fact that he has 1 title with more talent than anyone has ever had in the history of the sport.

Without Quaintance and Somto, this is by far Cal's worst class since his Memphis days. His highest rated recruit is Fland at 20th. He has three 4* recruits and they're all going to be counted on to play big minutes.

I don't see how anyone can think Arkansas has a better roster. I'll take UK's proven seniors over a few 4* high school kids.
If I didn't know better I'd say you aren't particularly fond of Cal.

Where are you getting these rankings? Fland is top 10 and the #1 rated PG in the class. The other two are top 20ish. Only a Kentucky or Duke fan could possibly consider that a low-rated class. Not that the rankings matter anyway.

Every player Calipari has added is a coveted player. Mix of young and old. And he's clearly going to add more.

Reactions: mtsuhog85
Where are you getting these rankings? Fland is top 10 and the #1 rated PG in the class. The other two are top 20ish. Only a Kentucky or Duke fan could possibly consider that a low-rated class. Not that the rankings matter anyway.

Every player Calipari has added is a coveted player. Mix of young and old. And he's clearly going to add more.
The only true question remaining is can Cal be stopped?

• Haha
Reactions: treyforuk
If I didn't know better I'd say you aren't particularly fond of Cal.
The truth is the truth, I can't change that. Everyone knows Cal is a poor bench coach, but when that poor bench coach decides to prioritize individual accomplishments and goals, you get results like what we have seen the last 4+ years.

ADVERTISEMENT