ADVERTISEMENT

State of college basketball

Every change that has occurred recently seems to be an attack against UVA being successful

UVA slowest pace - let's decrease shot clock to increase possessions
UVA cleanest program in country wins based on continuity - let's open portal and make NIL legal

Not sure how everyone doesn't see this

I have no information to back this up but I feel like college basketball has been improving overall. Feels like interest and the sport has grown overall.

The NCAA tourney alone draws so much interest.
Agreed. Numbers keep going up

Every change that has occurred recently seems to be an attack against UVA being successful

UVA slowest pace - let's decrease shot clock to increase possessions
UVA cleanest program in country wins based on continuity - let's open portal and make NIL legal

Not sure how everyone doesn't see this

Not even sure what "cleanest" means anymore (or meant).

Does it mean that your coach goes out of his way to avoid recruiting players that might be willing to accept something from a shoe rep or agent? That would mean everybody in the top 100 and many beyond. Or does it just mean that he's not personally cutting checks? That would be pretty much everybody except Sean Miller.

It's always assumed that low majors are the "cleanest" schools, but do they actually have more integrity? Or is it the fact that no shoe company wants to steer players to Incarnate Word and no player worth buying will look their way? And/or a lack of willing donors.

I know that Malcolm Brogdon was named in the FBI probe. Not sure of the details. Pretty much everybody but the Incarnate Words was implicated in that thing.

Not even sure what "cleanest" means anymore (or meant).

Does it mean that your coach goes out of his way to avoid recruiting players that might be willing to accept something from a shoe rep or agent? That would mean everybody in the top 100 and many beyond. Or does it just mean that he's not personally cutting checks? That would be pretty much everybody except Sean Miller.

It's always assumed that low majors are the "cleanest" schools, but do they actually have more integrity? Or is it the fact that no shoe company wants to steer players to Incarnate Word and no player worth buying will look their way? And/or a lack of willing donors.

I know that Malcolm Brogdon was named in the FBI probe. Not sure of the details. Pretty much everybody but the Incarnate Words was implicated in that thing.

I’m too lazy to define it lol. Just accept what I say as fact.

Back then one and done players stayed for 3+ years. So yeah….the overall product was better.

Yeah, it's not hard to fathom why the product isn't as good as the days when players like Laettner and Danny Manning stayed four years.

Why is everyone saying this “one of SDSU and FAU will play for a title” like it’s some Cinderella story? These were teams that were ranked much of the season. Since Feb 1 they have both been top 15 squads.

Honestly, the biggest “fluke” if you want to call it is Miami. Their D is wayyyyy worse than most final four teams.
Shoot they're one of the scariest teams left. No one can stop those boys. Texas was making literally every 3 pt shot and they couldn't pull away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT