Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
Kansas, Gonzaga are givens....

Arizona even if they lose?

Tenn if they win SECt?

Baylor?

DeCourcy says KU, Baylor, Arizona and Zags.

Arizona (top overall if they win)

Gonzaga

Kansas

Baylor or Auburn

Yeah, possibly Auburn over Baylor. I think Gonzaga, Kansas, and Arizona are locks.

I’m guessing the final one seed goes to Baylor.

Zaga in San Fran
Zona in San Antonio
Kansas in Chicago
Baylor In Philly

Reactions: Aberdale
Doesn’t really matter much. Take the 1-3 seeds mix them up in a bag and they’re all pretty even. Nobody really stands out as much better than anybody else. Maybe Arizona, but they aren’t dominant. There are a couple who have a higher gear/ceiling like UK/AZ but none that play that way consistently.

Reactions: nrmorgan2001
What's the love for Kansas? Multiple double digit losses this year including an 18 point loss AT HOME against possibly the 3rd best team in the SEC, not to mention a loss to Dayton, at best the number 2 team in the ACC.

Does Bill Self have compromising photos of the NCAA committee?

Tennessee should be a #1 seed. The Vols played a tougher schedule than the others listed, undefeated at home, 4-1 against top 5 teams, no quad 2 losses and more quad 1 wins than some of the others listed. Assuming they win today, they will also be conference Champions!

Reactions: GhostVol
Tennessee should be a #1 seed. The Vols played a tougher schedule than the others listed, undefeated at home, 4-1 against top 5 teams, no quad 2 losses and more quad 1 wins than some of the others listed. Assuming they win today, they will also be conference Champions!
This is the year that I DON’T want a #1 seed. In fact, I’m just fine with a 3. The Vols would be the last 1 seed and would be placed in what should be a LOADED East region. I just want the Vols to finally win the SECT and let the NCAAT take care of itself.

This is the year that I DON’T want a #1 seed. In fact, I’m just fine with a 3. The Vols would be the last 1 seed and would be placed in what should be a LOADED East region. I just want the Vols to finally win the SECT and let the NCAAT take care of itself.

It's all about this...

Reactions: GhostVol
What's the love for Kansas? Multiple double digit losses this year including an 18 point loss AT HOME against possibly the 3rd best team in the SEC, not to mention a loss to Dayton, at best the number 2 team in the ACC.

Toughest schedule, most quad 1&2 games played, most quad 1&2 wins, regular season and conference tournament champions in the toughest rated conference. I guess my question is what do you have against them?

Is it really that hard to see?

If any SEC team gets a 1 seed it should be Tenn. I know its a given but the Zags do not deserve a 1 seed. They didn't play as tough a schedule as anyone in the SEC. No matter who gets the one seeds there's going to be a bunch of whining and bitching around here,

Reactions: della
If any SEC team gets a 1 seed it should be Tenn. I know its a given but the Zags do not deserve a 1 seed. They didn't play as tough a schedule as anyone in the SEC. No matter who gets the one seeds there's going to be a bunch of whining and bitching around here,
I'm getting my bitchin in early to avoid the rush.

Not possible for Purdue to get in there if they win today? They'd be 28-6. Auburn would be my guess for the final though.

I also agree with some of the arguments made vs Kansas and blowout losses. IMO what gets them a 1 seed is their Q1 record. I do think the quadrant system is a little deceiving. Zags schedule has been weak as hell and most of the Q1 wins are boarderline IMO. Kansas, to me they are a lock. Locks to me are Arizona, Gonzaga (puke) and Kansas. In the running:

Auburn
Baylor
Kentucky
Purdue? (with a B10 tourney champ win only)
Tennessee

My bet is on Auburn.

Only reason why I think the committee may still consider Purdue over Tennessee for example is because Purdue has 4 of their 6 losses from last second shots. That's pure speculation on my part because I don't know if they take that into consideration but I would think they would.

Not possible for Purdue to get in there if they win today? They'd be 28-6. Auburn would be my guess for the final though.

I also agree with some of the arguments made vs Kansas and blowout losses. IMO what gets them a 1 seed is their Q1 record. I do think the quadrant system is a little deceiving. Zags schedule has been weak as hell and most of the Q1 wins are boarderline IMO. Kansas, to me they are a lock. Locks to me are Arizona, Gonzaga (puke) and Kansas. In the running:

Auburn
Baylor
Kentucky
Purdue? (with a B10 tourney champ win only)

My bet is on Auburn.

Only reason why I think the committee may still consider Purdue over Tennessee for example is because Purdue has 4 of their 6 losses from last second shots. That's pure speculation on my part because I don't know if they take that into consideration but I would think they would.
KU got smoked once. The other two were close games that ballooned to 10 points with FTs.

Just about every team has been smoked at least once. With fewer quality wins.

Why does uk deserve a better seed than UT. Same exact record, UT won 2/3, had a better confT seed and if they win the secT today i dont agree that uk should still get a better seed?

Reactions: cdbearde
Arizona, Gonzaga and Kansas are the easy picks. Last one is probably Baylor but there’s a drop off after the top 3 resume wise

Reactions: hawkit3113
Record
Quality wins
Bad losses
SOS
Then where does Baylor beat Tennessee?

UT No quad two losses
Baylor with one quad 2 loss

Tennessee more quad 1 wins

Tennessee conference champion
Baylor losses early in Big12T

Tennessee 5th best SOS
Baylor 12th SOS

Last edited:
Reactions: cdbearde

UT No quad two losses

Tennessee 46 best SOS
Baylor 214 SOS
An SEC team isn’t going to be a 1 seed. It should be Auburn or Tennessee, but it isn’t happening.

Reactions: Aberdale

UT No quad two losses

Tennessee 46 best SOS
Baylor 214 SOS

Im not sure what SOS rankings you are using but that seems absurdly low for Baylor. And even low for Tennessee.

I think you’re putting a lot of stock into the conference tournaments but the committee views them as just another game. Either way, I think UT, Baylor and Auburn all have a case for the last number one seed. I think the committee will end up picking Baylor but we will see soon.

Im not sure what SOS rankings you are using but that seems absurdly low for Baylor. And even low for Tennessee.

I think you’re putting a lot of stock into the conference tournaments but the committee views them as just another game. Either way, I think UT, Baylor and Auburn all have a case for the last number one seed. I think the committee will end up picking Baylor but we will see soon.
Kenpom

I did mention conference championship, but UT is ahead everywhere else.

ADVERTISEMENT