ADVERTISEMENT

So is Dayton a 1 seed now?...

Wins over BYU, Crieghton and Iowa have become really good wins. But I think they drop to a 2 seed in the west now.

I totally forgot about the crieghton win. I wouldn’t have a huge issue if they get a 1 but I think if FSU were to win the ACCT we’d have a really compelling case after Kansas and Baylor.

Dayton’s an interesting case. Very few quality wins, but zero bad losses, and both losses were in OT. Including to #1 KU (took one of KU’s best games of the year to come back and scrape out a win). Lost on a buzzer beater at Colorado. Dominated their league. Look like an elite team (relative to the field).

Wonder how the committee will handle them. I’ll bet they give the 1 to SDSU.

I think we could take the 1 from SDSU if we win out. Is their resume really any good?

I think Dayton is the one to be more concerned with. And SDSU does have a couple of big wins. They beat Creighton by like 30.

The thing with those three wins is that they look solid on paper, but aside from being early in the year, they’re all unathletic, three chucking teams full of white guys. Those teams are always susceptible to getting their asses kicked on a cold shooting night.

Dayton’s losses are much more respectable, and SDSU isn’t playing their best right now.

My ears are still bleeding after the game.

Those back to back to back dunks after being spurred by Crutcher's ridiculous spin to hit the 3. And then it was let's go have fun and shut this down...

Twas was a fun night in the Flyers arena.

The team is not just Obi.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
My ears are still bleeding after the game.

Those back to back to back dunks after being spurred by Crutcher's ridiculous spin to hit the 3. And then it was let's go have fun and shut this down...

Twas was a fun night in the Flyers arena.

The team is not just Obi.

Wow...there are other females registered here.

Stick around. Way too much testosterone around here (or too little, if we’re talking about Duke fans).

Still not convinced that San Diego State should drop a seed. They've lost 2 games by a combined 6 points. They're 4-1 in Quad 1 Games. 7-0 in Quad 2 games. I don't think they're better than Dayton or Florida State, but It's hard for me to fault their resume. If FSU wins the ACC Tournament, I think they at least leapfrog past Dayton.

Gonzaga could lose in the WCC Tournament, too. I don't think they would drop a seed line, but maybe? If FSU and Dayton win out - and Gonzaga loses, the committee will have a difficult time deliberating on the final two 1 seeds between Gonzaga, SDSU, Dayton, and FSU.

Still not convinced that San Diego State should drop a seed. They've lost 2 games by a combined 6 points. They're 4-1 in Quad 1 Games. 7-0 in Quad 2 games. I don't think they're better than Dayton or Florida State, but It's hard for me to fault their resume. If FSU wins the ACC Tournament, I think they at least leapfrog past Dayton.

Gonzaga could lose in the WCC Tournament, too. I don't think they would drop a seed line, but maybe? If FSU and Dayton win out - and Gonzaga loses, the committee will have a difficult time deliberating on the final two 1 seeds between Gonzaga, SDSU, Dayton, and FSU.
Gonzaga has to beat BYU just to prove that they deserve the number 1 seed. BYU is very much a top 15 team right now and a win over them this late in the season can prove how good they are. Honestly I think that this is not an elite Gonzaga team. But this year is weird so it’s hard to tell how good they are compared to the field.

Gonzaga has to beat BYU just to prove that they deserve the number 1 seed. BYU is very much a top 15 team right now and a win over them this late in the season can prove how good they are. Honestly I think that this is not an elite Gonzaga team. But this year is weird so it’s hard to tell how good they are compared to the field.

So you are guaranteeing they both win monday to play in the west coast final game?

Yeah, you have to be careful when you bet Lurk, he might trick you into robbing a bank while wearing a clown costume next time.
giphy.gif

IDK why FSU isn't being talked about as a 1 seed. IMO, they should get it over Baylor. Baylor has lost 3 out of 5.

Have you compared their resumes overall? I’d say Baylor’s is clearly better. Twice as many quad 1 wins, a win in AFH, and fewer losses.

Have you compared their resumes overall? I’d say Baylor’s is clearly better. Twice as many quad 1 wins, a win in AFH, and fewer losses.
Yeah, I get that, but Baylor has lost 3 out of their last 5. Sometimes that matters, sometimes it doesn't.

Yeah, I get that, but Baylor has lost 3 out of their last 5. Sometimes that matters, sometimes it doesn't.

Two of their toughest games were at the end of the year. I don’t think it means much at all. Before those losses, they were 24-1 and considered the overall #1.

If Florida St had a great resume, that’d be one thing. But they really haven’t done a lot.

The ignorance in this post is astounding

You do understand the context, right? That we’re talking about a team that started 24-1 with the 2nd-most quad 1 wins in the country? Compared to a team with half that many and more losses? And a recent loss to Clemson?

You do understand the context, right? That we’re talking about a team that started 24-1 with the 2nd-most quad 1 wins in the country? Compared to a team with half that many and more losses? And a recent loss to Clemson?

Clemson is a much better team at home, at least when Duke, UL, and FSU come to town. Littlejohn is not a fun place to visit in most cases. Just saying.

IDK why FSU isn't being talked about as a 1 seed. IMO, they should get it over Baylor. Baylor has lost 3 out of 5.

baylor has a great resume though.

now if they lose their opening game in the big 12 tourney and FSU were to win out, maybe?

baylor has a great resume though.

now if they lose their opening game in the big 12 tourney and FSU were to win out, maybe?
Yeah, Possibly.

But if it comes down to resume's, why should Dayton take SDSU's 1 seed over FSU? Who has Dayton beaten?
I get it, they only have two losses, but look at their SOS.
I like FSU's resume better.

Reactions: speedfrk

Agreed. I think you guys are still a top 10, and you could easily make the Final Four. But I liked the 2017 and 2019 teams a little better. I think the Zags are still better than BYU, but the margin is pretty thin. I might give Gonzaga 55-60% odds on a neutral court.

Yeah, Possibly.

But if it comes down to resume's, why should Dayton take SDSU's 1 seed over FSU? Who has Dayton beaten?
I get it, they only have two losses, but look at their SOS.
I like FSU's resume better.

good points. Still a lot of games left to decide.
I think FSU has to win the ACCT to have a shot at a 1

I’d say that two of those losses weren’t shockers. One was to the team that will be the #1 overall seed and another was in the road @ WVU, a very tough place to play.

TCU was the only shocker, and really that’s their only bad loss. And TCU was on an incredible hot streak that took them to a halftime lead against KU in AFH.

That being said, I think FSU has an argument. I think I’d rather see them at that spot than SDSU or Dayton.

I’d say that two of those losses weren’t shockers. One was to the team that will be the #1 overall seed and another was in the road @ WVU, a very tough place to play.

TCU was the only shocker, and really that’s their only bad loss. And TCU was on an incredible hot streak that took them to a halftime lead against KU in AFH.

That being said, I think FSU has an argument. I think I’d rather see them at that spot than SDSU or Dayton.

You bet your sweet ass. FSU deserves a great seed.

And I don't like FSU.

Can't believe they are disrespecting the amazing Auburn Tigers there...... surely they've read this board the last several months and know the 1 seed value of Pearl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT