ADVERTISEMENT

Should Virginia move to #1 with a win over Duke?

Duke stays #1 if they beat UVA. Plain and simple.
They shouldn’t be. UM and Tenn should move ahead. That being said, Duke would have a nasty list of wins that give them a way to justify it (even having two losses).

They’d have wins over UVA, UK, FSU, Auburn, TTU, and IU. Definitely the most impressive list in the country.

Reactions: Quavarius
They shouldn’t be. UM and Tenn should move ahead. That being said, Duke would have a nasty list of wins that give them a way to justify it (even having two losses).

They’d have wins over UVA, UK, FSU, Auburn, TTU, and IU. Definitely the most impressive list in the country.

Easily the most impressive and in human polls, they’d take the Cuse game with a grain of salt bc they were missing Reddish and Jones. If they win today against UVA, who is an amazing team, do it without Jones, then they’ll stay #1.

UVA jumpes UT imo. This game is who takes #1. I think Tennessee is #2 no matter what but this game is for who stays or takes over as #1.

Reactions: Quavarius

The only way Duke stays #1 is if Tennessee loses today as well as Duke beating UVA. Even then I'm not sure, Syracuse is a bad loss.

Yeah but the UK game was neutral court...

Oh yeah and you guys had Tre Jones for that game. I'm assuming he scored 32 points against Kentucky to explain the difference in the margins.

Reactions: tw3301
We're not world beaters this year, but that Duke game was absolutely just a throw away performance by us. This is in no way stating anything other than that. Not saying we beat Duke 2nd time, or we play it close, etc. Simply.....that is just one of those games where you go what the **** did I just see and move on.

Tonight for spurts we showed the same kind of dominant play we displayed in the Bahamas, and that this team against top college competition, is capable of. Will we recapture it and play at our peak ability? Time will tell. For now, it matters not.

All this is to say comparing Virginia's performance tonight to ours v Duke in Nov is a completely arbitrary exercise in futility.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
All this is to say comparing Virginia's performance tonight to ours v Duke in Nov is a completely arbitrary exercise in futility.

giphy.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You're the guy who made two posts comparing the two...so if it's that obvious that its an exercise in idiocy.....

Just poking a little fun at Bert. Don't be so sensitive.

We're not world beaters this year, but that Duke game was absolutely just a throw away performance by us. This is in no way stating anything other than that. Not saying we beat Duke 2nd time, or we play it close, etc. Simply.....that is just one of those games where you go what the **** did I just see and move on.

Tonight for spurts we showed the same kind of dominant play we displayed in the Bahamas, and that this team against top college competition, is capable of. Will we recapture it and play at our peak ability? Time will tell. For now, it matters not.

Good point, without the refs Duke would have beaten Kentucky by a lot more.

ADVERTISEMENT