ADVERTISEMENT

Should Villanova fire Jay Wright?

Originally posted by thebasketballreasons:
Originally posted by brill:

So instead a coach goes 29-5 and 33-3 and some moron suggest firing him??? That equals 62-8 which is the best 2 year record of anyone.
62-8 in last two years and yet never made it past the first weekend of NCAA march madness, how sweet it is. If I were a Villanova Wildcats fan I'd not have much patience left, especially considering he did the same thing in 2010 losing to a No.10 seed St. Mary's.
THIS

Of course you are upset. Who wouldn't be? But it's not all that. You wouldn't get it.

Do you know he is 19-4 on the road the last 2 years? the Best in America. Does a good coach know how to go into hostile arenas and win? He has. That is incredible. There are ncaa teams that are 4-19 on the road

And wait a week ago he played 3 huge games in NYC under bright lights and got 3 team's best shots. 2 of which were 6 seeds Xavier and Prov. We handled Xavier in the final. So is Jay a good coach to win that? Was he great that week and now he isn't? That makes no sense at all.

So was Chris Mack a bad coach for losing to Nova in BE finals? And now he's a good coach for beating 14 seed? What if he played the 3 seed Baylor? and lost by 15? Would he be good? But now he is good for beating a 14 seed? That's why it's kind of bologna.

Does anyone think UCLA is any good? they had like 1 top 100 win all year or top 50 I forget. And now they beat UAB and they are good? Believe what you want. Is say 33-3 is incredible. Jay says the same thing.
what if NOva beat San Diego St as the 8 seed? is Jay any better? why? maybe NC st is clearly better but has a bonehead coach who let them lose a ton all year so they settled into an 8 seed. A lot of variables. Keep counting Jay out. He wasn't ranked a top 20 coach by EsPN b/c he sucks. He could lose 1st round 5 years in a row and he will still be our coach. There is more than wins in the tourney. Graduates 100% of kids, something some on here probably don't care about b/c they don't value that

Of course you are upset. Who wouldn't be? But it's not all that. You wouldn't get it.

Do you know he is 19-4 on the road the last 2 years? the Best in America. Does a good coach know how to go into hostile arenas and win? He has. That is incredible. There are ncaa teams that are 4-19 on the road

And wait a week ago he played 3 huge games in NYC under bright lights and got 3 team's best shots. 2 of which were 6 seeds Xavier and Prov. We handled Xavier in the final. So is Jay a good coach to win that? Was he great that week and now he isn't? That makes no sense at all.

So was Chris Mack a bad coach for losing to Nova in BE finals? And now he's a good coach for beating 14 seed? What if he played the 3 seed Baylor? and lost by 15? Would he be good? But now he is good for beating a 14 seed? That's why it's kind of bologna.

Does anyone think UCLA is any good? they had like 1 top 100 win all year or top 50 I forget. And now they beat UAB and they are good? Believe what you want. Is say 33-3 is incredible. Jay says the same thing.
what if NOva beat San Diego St as the 8 seed? is Jay any better? why? maybe NC st is clearly better but has a bonehead coach who let them lose a ton all year so they settled into an 8 seed. A lot of variables. Keep counting Jay out. He wasn't ranked a top 20 coach by EsPN b/c he sucks. He could lose 1st round 5 years in a row and he will still be our coach. There is more than wins in the tourney. Graduates 100% of kids, something some on here probably don't care about b/c they don't value that
Yeah...again...they have not advanced past the first weekend. Who cares about all that other noise? Unless you settle for mediocrity? Which is fine, some schools dont take their basketball as serious as Duke, UK, KU etc etc. I personally like FF's and Titles

Manroar,

do you like college education? my guess is not

I would never ever want to be Kentucky . Never. Don't like anything about it. Wouldn't trade the community/family of Nova for anything. The kids graduating means everything to me. Our President would never ever hire anyone who didn't graduate 90 to 95% of our players. I value college education. I value my 3 degrees. We will win plenty of tourney games. Plenty. And do it the right way. That's important. So I wouldn't ever want to be your program. Not at all. Glad you value that stuff

If 33-3 is mediocrity you just insulted 99%of teams. And Big East tourney championships and #1 seeds.

Our kids study with the other students. They sit in the cafeteria next to them. Zero isolation. They blend in with the campus. I went there. It's awesome when you sit and chat with a player the day after a huge win and they are not above you. Wouldn't trade that for anything. And 10 of 11 NCAAs. next year 11 for 12 and another top 4 seed. Keep getting high seeds and it will go your way. Glad all you sit around and get happy about is getting past the 1st weekend. If a kid was in trouble you wouldn't give 2 Sh##s. I'm glad you feel that way. No connection at all.

This post was edited on 3/23 8:26 PM by brill

This post was edited on 3/23 8:27 PM by brill

Manroar,

do you like college education? my guess is not

I would never ever want to be Kentucky . Never. Don't like anything about it. Wouldn't trade the community/family of Nova for anything. The kids graduating means everything to me. Our President would never ever hire anyone who didn't graduate 90 to 95% of our players. I value college education. I value my 3 degrees. We will win plenty of tourney games. Plenty. And do it the right way. That's important. So I wouldn't ever want to be your program. Not at all. Glad you value that stuff
lol ok dude. Get off your high horse. You nor your team are some sort of special anomaly

It's just the truth. Not meaning anything more than that. Wake Forest wouldn't want to be Kentucky. Virginia wouldn't want to be. BYU wouldn't want to be. It is what it is. Glad you win games. and drop out of classes in a week or two

If 33-3 is mediocrity you just insulted 99%of teams. And Big East tourney championships and #1 seeds.
And yet another first weekend NCAA march madness exit, is 33-3 or big east champ that important when you constantly got knocked out so early in NCAA tournament? Oh yeah they made it far in 2009, but who has happened since then? Has Jay Wright been doing much better than John Thompson III in Georgetown? Not mentioning Georgetown never had a good team enough to earn an No.1 seed, and yet with this golden opportunity your team managed to choke early anyway.

Originally posted by thebasketballreasons:

And yet another first weekend NCAA march madness exit, is 33-3 or big east champ that important when you constantly got knocked out so early in NCAA tournament? Oh yeah they made it far in 2009, but who has happened since then? Has Jay Wright been doing much better than John Thompson III in Georgetown? Not mentioning Georgetown never had a good team enough to earn an No.1 seed, and yet with this golden opportunity your team managed to choke early anyway.
Seems to be Kansas-esque in that regard eh?

It's just the truth. Not meaning anything more than that. Wake Forest wouldn't want to be Kentucky. Virginia wouldn't want to be. BYU wouldn't want to be. It is what it is. Glad you win games. and drop out of classes in a week or two
See now you just look foolish. Drop out of classes in a week or two? WhatEVA bro. Gimme some proof otherwise you are just TROLLING. You were around here towards the end of the season crying and Hollerin about how Nova was underrated, they were just as good as anyone else Blah blah blah. We tried to tell you your team was boys amongst men but you would not listen. Now that your boys got Throat squirted in the first weekend you wanna back peddle and talk about academics, you don't wanna be UK, Duke, UL blah blah blah.

Youve ve been exposed, you can't play both sides. No one likes a fence straddler

Dismiss yourself

For once, I have to agree with Manroar. You've been talking smack all season about Nova, Brill, and it sure as hell wasn't about their academics. Now you get smacked on the court and suddenly it's all about the education. What a bunch of disingenuous, mamby pamby BullS***.

And how dare big, bad Kentucky send kids out into the world to make millions and achieve their dreams.

Come on man, it's pretty obvious you're upset you didn't listen to most of us on this forum that tried to tell you that your team wasn't as good as you thought they were. It's not our fault you were convinced you weren't overrated when you were.

You guys are a joke.

I did say we were very good and what changed that??? I didn't hear any Overated crap when we won the BE tourney in NYC??? Why NOt??? Why weren't there posts right then and there? Or when we were #2 in last week's Poll? I didn't see too many of you boneheads saying we shouldn't be a 1 seed? Why not? I want to know?

How were we overrated? Who should have been ahead of us based on our resume? Your tourney results don't alter your seeding. Should Ga St have been a 3 seed? Tourney results don't make anyone overrated or underrated. You are what your seed said you were, you enter a 1 and done tourney and what happens happens. That simple. B/C Xavier beat a 14 are they now underrated b/c they are in the sweet 16 and were a 6 seed? Why? They got lucky and got a 14. So it has nothing to do with it.

Why on the day after the conference tourneys were these comments on here? Because you damn well know they deserved a 1 and had more top 50 wins than even your mighty bad boy Kentucky had.

You won't get it. You don't and you won't. We don't have to win national championships to be satisfied. There is plenty more. Our enrollment is 6,500 and we have a lot fewer resources than Big State U so for us to even be a 1 seed is a damn awesome accomplishment and a testament to how awesome Jay Wright is. As long as he is at NOva (which I hope is for life) we will be in the tourney and therefore have a chance to do well.

If Dylan Ennis hits that 3, we win. It was that close. Whichever moron said we were blasted, oh year by a ton!!! We shot 31 % which as our season low and still had a chance to win. That's incredible when you think how poorly we played. The part that is hard is losing to a bonehead coach

33-3 was our best record in school history. When I chat with Jay at the banquet I'll be glad to tell him what a bunch of imbecile Kent fans think. I'm sure he will give a crap LMAO. Oh wait I don't think I'll waste my time with that. See you bozos in November when we are top 10 again

This post was edited on 3/24 8:28 AM by brill

This post was edited on 3/24 8:31 AM by brill

You guys are a joke.

I did say we were very good and what changed that??? I didn't hear any Overated crap when we won the BE tourney in NYC??? Why NOt??? Why weren't there posts right then and there? Or when we were #2 in last week's Poll? I didn't see too many of you boneheads saying we shouldn't be a 1 seed? Why not? I want to know?

Why on the day after the conference tourneys were these comments on here? Because you damn well know they deserved a 1 and had more top 50 wins than even your mighty bad boy Kentucky had.

You won't get it. You don't and you won't. We don't have to win national championships to be satisfied. There is plenty more. Our enrollment is 6,500 and we have a lot fewer resources than Big State U so for us to even be a 1 seed is a damn awesome accomplishment and a testament to how awesome Jay Wright is. As long as he is at NOva (which I hope is for life) we will be in the tourney and therefore have a chance to do well.

If Dylan Ennis hits that 3, we win. It was that close. Whichever moron said we were blasted, oh year by a ton!!! We shot 31 % which as our season low and still had a chance to win. That's incredible when you think how poorly we played. The part that is hard is losing to a bonehead coach

33-3 was our best record in school history. When I chat with Jay at the banquet I'll be glad to tell him what a bunch of imbecile Kent fans think. I'm sure he will give a crap LMAO. Oh wait I don't think I'll waste my time with that. See you bozos in November when we are top 10 again
This post was edited on 3/24 8:28 AM by brill
Oh yeah, you dont need to win a national title to be satisfied, but as a No.1 seed your expectation is a final four trip, or at least an elite eight run. Losing in the round of 32 is nowhere even close to this, and Nova has become an annual choke artist under Jay Wright. Perhaps no one said Nova did not deserve a No.1 seed this year since many of us did not realize how bad a choker your wildcats are. Next year I'll be one of them to say Nova should not be a No.1 seed, even if they go 31-2 again in regular season + conference tournament. I think a team's past history should count in committee's decision, annual chokers should suffer a hit in their seedings, especially when its about 1-3 seeds.

This post was edited on 3/24 8:32 AM by thebasketballreasons

What is Mark turgeon then? 4 NITs and 2nd round loss? Is that worse?
He has 2 bad tourneys in a row and he is a choke artist. Glad you think that moron. He's been to a final 4, he knows how to win. Wait until next year when we win 25 again. He graduates players. And yes that is a HUGE factor from the school. Like I said you won't get that. You won't. I'll stop saying things that insult you and end it with that

so hypothetical top 5

1 uva
2 nova
3 iowa st
4 Kansas
5 baylor

Here should be their seeds next year committee boy!! Uva a 6 for choke artists, Nova a 7 for chokers!!, iowa st a 5 and Kansas a 6. There you go! and Harvard is serious chokers!! They are going to fire Amaker b/c they aren't getting Final 4's!! come on up there Amaker. Isn't that the school's # 1 care??

This post was edited on 3/24 8:37 AM by brill

What is Mark turgeon then? 4 NITs and 2nd round loss? Is that worse?
He has 2 bad tourneys in a row and he is a choke artist. Glad you think that moron. He's been to a final 4, he knows how to win. Wait until next year when we win 25 again. He graduates players. And yes that is a HUGE factor from the school. Like I said you won't get that. You won't. I'll stop saying things that insult you and end it with that

so hypothetical top 5

1 uva
2 nova
3 iowa st
4 Kansas
5 baylor

Here should be their seeds next year committee boy!! Uva a 6 for choke artists, Nova a 7 for chokers!!, iowa st a 5 and Kansas a 6. There you go! and Harvard is serious chokers!! They are going to fire Amaker b/c they aren't getting Final 4's!! come on up there Amaker. Isn't that the school's # 1 care??

Brill, why are you letting several posters goad you? You are getting fired up and attacking UK which is just going to bring more bs your way. Duke and KU also used OADs yet I don't see you claiming their players do not got to class. Look, most people like yourself have no clue what UK athletics does for the average UK student. Currently, they have have projects underway or in the works that include new dorms, classrooms, and labs with $200 million being kicked in by the Athletic Dept. Now, I have defended you and Nova all season but your bs about the OAD is played out. I can go down the list and compare UK's OAD players success to Nova's players.

Cousins-$15 million yr, $65mil contract
Bledsoe -$13 million yr, $51mil contract
Wall-$15 million yr, $80 mil contract
Knight-$3million yr, $12 mil contract
MKG-$5 million yr, $20 mil contract
Davis-$6 million yr, $24 mi contract

I could keep going but you get the point. Also several are still under their rookis contract. AD will easily get a $100 million dollar contract when time comes. Now, I realize all the green eyed envy monsters scream about a farce of them being on campus but UK and Cal actually try to help these kids prepare for life in the NBA and how to handle these huge contracts. Cal brings in people for lectures and classes covering financial planning, managing money, the dangers of the leeches, and believe it or not looking out for the groupies wanting to throw some azz on them. He prepares them to be successful for their professional careers. Antoine Walker wishes Pitino had done as much for him. Instead Pitino was more concerned with Rick so Walker lost $100 million. Thankfully, Walker now has Cal helping him out so he is on the right path, he said as much in interview during SECT. Now, these guys will most likely make generous donations to the program in the future which is another win for the average UK student.

OP should change his username to thebasketballreasonsarewhyImstupid.

Dude was coaching at freaking nova getting protected seeds.

The impact of quarantine is real when the people become so bored that they actually waste time digging out a 3 year old thread from hundreds to thousands of topics. Could've spent this time doing something more useful rather than spending hours of your lives on things like this.
;)

Reactions: tw3301 and jhmossy
I particularly liked the post implying it was pitinos fault Antoine Walker blew all his money. I’m sure there are many nba players who played for Pitino at UK or now even UL who made far less than walker yet somehow didn’t blow the millions they made.

Good thing Walker has cal now though, I bet cal helped him get his 100 million back In no time lol.

Not saying cal doesn’t help his players with financial advice or prep them for what it will be like when they go pro and get paid, just the implication that he was gonna save walkers fortune that was already gone is hilarious to me.

Last edited:
The impact of quarantine is real when the people become so bored that they actually waste time digging out a 3 year old thread from hundreds to thousands of topics. Could've spent this time doing something more useful rather than spending hours of your lives on things like this.
;)

Very true... but still, it is a tad funny in hindsight

Going from the 1st page of the site to the last page of the site takes one click, or... a couple seconds...not hours.

ADVERTISEMENT