South- Virginia-Michigan St
Midwest- UNC- Houston
West- Gonzaga- Tennessee

Last edited:
East: Duke- UK
South- Tenn- Michigan St
Midwest- UNC- Houston
West- Gonzaga- Tennessee
I wish, but you seem to be missing someone.......don’t think UVA falls to a 3.....and TN doesn’t want to play in two regions (though I’ll take the double odds).

East- Duke/UK
South- UVA/Houston
Midwest- UT/Michigan State
West- Zags/UNC

I wish, but you seem to be missing someone.......don’t think UVA falls to a 3.....and TN doesn’t want to play in two regions (though I’ll take the double odds).
My bad. I meant to put Virginia in the south

If Duke was in the South, I’d agree. Since it’ll probably be UVA, I could see the committee doing it to us.
Naaaah. No way they set up the chance of a 1 seed having to play a 2 seed, 70 miles from home. My guess is UK is headed to Columbus. Though I have seen some projections where they are out West.

Naaaah. No way they set up the chance of a 1 seed having to play a 2 seed, 70 miles from home. My guess is UK is headed to Columbus. Though I have seen some projections where they are out West.

Columbus isn't tied to a regional. The regionals are DC, Louisville, Kansas City, and Anaheim. Kentucky in the Midwest would make the most sense as a 2 seed but we'll see.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Columbus isn't tied to a regional. The regionals are DC, Louisville, Kansas City, and Anaheim. Kentucky in the Midwest would make the most sense as a 2 seed but we'll see.
I thought Columbus was a 1sr round site?

It is. They'll probably play in Columbus for the 1st two rounds. But that's not as important as getting Louisville for S16/E8
Oh, no doubt. I wasn't implying Columbus as a Regional site. Just where they would probably go for the 1st round.

Reactions: jhmossy
ESPN had them West 2 hours ago

He's also got Duke and UNC in Columbia and UVA in Columbus. No clue why UNC would be in Columbia over UVA.
I saw that. Very strange. They usually try to keep them close to home, and Greensboro wasn't available LOL

Reactions: jhmossy
So does everyone pretty much agree the Vols get the fourth 1 seed if they win today, and UNC gets it if they lose. The question is how far does UT fall with a loss? My guess is they only fall below UNC, since dropping them below UK would be tough. So they’d be the top 2 seed.

Bilas has basically said someone on the committee told him Duke is #1overall.

If you did the straight S curve (moving the 2nd team down to avoid conference conflicts), it should go:

TN Win:
East: Duke vs Michigan/Mich St loser
South: UVA vs UK
Midwest: TN vs UNC
West: Gonzaga vs Michigan/Mich St winner

TN loss:
South: UVA vs Michigan/Mich St winner
Midwest: UNC vs UK
West: Gonzaga vs UT

I was under the impression that the SEC championship has no effect on seeding.
I don't think that it does.

Last year the selection committee said they did not consider Kentucky beating Tennessee in the SEC Tourney final when they gave Tennessee a 3 seed and Kentucky a 5. Plus Auburn lost early and got a 4 seed.

I know why you made the post, so why don't you argue with the Selection Committee? The Sunday games should effect the seeding, but they said it didn't.

I don't think that it does.

Last year the selection committee said they did not consider Kentucky beating Tennessee in the SEC Tourney final when they gave Tennessee a 3 seed and Kentucky a 5. Plus Auburn lost early and got a 4 seed.

I know why you made the post, so why don't you argue with the Selection Committee? The Sunday games should effect the seeding, but they said it didn't.
Why would I argue for the SEC? I find it pretty humorous that your title game means nothing.

I actually don't know if UK will be consistent enough. Yesterday they really gave up a bunch of threes and many were unguarded.

To a 1 or 2 seed. I doubt you'll struggle as much vs. a 15 and 7/10 seed. I'd be pretty surprised if Kentucky isn't in the Sweet 16 at a minimum this year.

Tennessee should be a 1 seed with Gonzaga, Duke and Virginia.

So does everyone pretty much agree the Vols get the fourth 1 seed if they win today, and UNC gets it if they lose. The question is how far does UT fall with a loss? My guess is they only fall below UNC, since dropping them below UK would be tough. So they’d be the top 2 seed.

Bilas has basically said someone on the committee told him Duke is #1overall.

If you did the straight S curve (moving the 2nd team down to avoid conference conflicts), it should go:

TN Win:
South: UVA vs UK
Midwest: TN vs UNC
West: Gonzaga vs Michigan/Mich St winner

TN loss:
South: UVA vs Michigan/Mich St winner
Midwest: UNC vs UK
West: Gonzaga vs UT

the seeds will be set before the SECT title game
the SEC should move the SECT up a day