ADVERTISEMENT

SEC / BIG12 Challenge Matchups Set

giphy.gif

Wow I imagine that matchup will cause a sellout crowd!

I didn't have to open this thread and could have predicted the conversation

KU and Kentucky talking shit
Texas Tech telling everyone they still are an elite team
Random fan complaining about their matchup

Only thing missing are Tennessee fans telling us how great Rick Barnes is.

Some decent matchups with some meaning.
I still feel there will be only a few great matchups every year because some schools in either conference just don't matchup.

Good that Mizzou gets an invite.
Bad that they play WV. But they do play WV in football so it could add some extra meaning.

Did you play them all @ TT?

Joking, but also curious to see how other top teams fared @ TT.

Two guys here seem confident. UK's going to show up to win.
I have no idea who will win that game. Too early to predict.

I will say that is a really fun stadium. Tech has a pretty devoted fan base and they will absolutely show up when Kentucky basketball comes to town. It’s gonna be loud. I went to game day against KU there in 2018. It rivaled the Fieldhouse at times with how loud it was.

Other bonuses. There’s a bar inside the stadium and even though it’ll be January, it might be 75 degrees and perfect weather outside.

What's KU's record in the past 5 years @ TT?

@MrBaracus
Someone has figured out Tech is the cream of the crop in the Big 12 so they scheduled accordingly by putting us against UK.
Tech only has two eras of basketball now the time before Beard and the last three years as our head coach. Anything before his time is basically irrelevant to me going forward. The last two years we have split the series and we have rolled through a couple of those wins. I understand that is a small window of games but they are far more relevant to pick next year's probable outcome than the fact KU has owned us historically.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Someone has figured out Tech is the cream of the crop in the Big 12 so they scheduled accordingly by putting us against UK.
Tech only has two eras of basketball now the time before Beard and the last three years as our head coach. Anything before his time is basically irrelevant to me going forward. The last two years we have split the series and we have rolled through a couple of those wins. I understand that is a small window of games but they are far more relevant to pick next year's probable outcome than the fact KU has owned us historically.
At least you haven't let the sliver of success go to your head!

Haha...here we go. This is why I was kind of happy they failed to win it all.

Tech has had a better team than KU exactly once in history, mostly due to KU losing three of its top five players. Now you’re runnin’ things. Methinks Self puts Beardy back in his place this season.

Btw, the Bob Knight era doesn’t count? What a scrub, amirite?

Haha...here we go. This is why I was kind of happy they failed to win it all.

Tech has had a better team than KU exactly once in history, mostly due to KU losing three of its top five players. Now you’re runnin’ things. Methinks Self puts Beardy back in his place this season.

Btw, the Bob Knight era doesn’t count? What a scrub, amirite?
You're right but its the most recent year that we had the better team so you gotta knock the king off the throne to re-establish dominance.

That wasn't a huge knock to Knight because we likely wouldn't have Beard now without him. But, Beard achieved more in year two even before making it to the championship game than Knight did the entire time he was there.

Screw all this nonsense!!! I'm so excited to have UK come to our house! This is huge for our program, and amazing for our fans. We also needed another good OC team to play this year.

Let me be the first to welcome all wildcat fans who may make the trip! You will be welcome to Lubbock with open arms and sent home with a pat on the back and a big L.

Look forward to talking trash with you guys and enjoying a great game!

....pride always cometh before the fall.

UK 77
tt 68

You're right but its the most recent year that we had the better team so you gotta knock the king off the throne to re-establish dominance.

That wasn't a huge knock to Knight because we likely wouldn't have Beard now without him. But, Beard achieved more in year two even before making it to the championship game than Knight did the entire time he was there.

Nah, I don't think KU needs to knock you off to reestablish dominance. I think you need to win about 13 more consecutive titles before proclaiming dominance.

TE="MrBaracus, post: 28149107, member: 431010"]Nah, I don't think KU needs to knock you off to reestablish dominance. I think you need to win about 13 more consecutive titles before proclaiming dominance.[/QUOTE]

I'm only claiming dominance as of last year and until proven otherwise going forward. At one point UCLA won a bunch of championships in a row and then the sun set on their time.

TE="MrBaracus, post: 28149107, member: 431010"]Nah, I don't think KU needs to knock you off to reestablish dominance. I think you need to win about 13 more consecutive titles before proclaiming dominance.

I'm only claiming dominance as of last year and until proven otherwise going forward. At one point UCLA won a bunch of championships in a row and then the sun set on their time.

Probably because UCLA lost their coach.

There's literally no reason to assume that Tech is taking over the Big 12. If KU had been at full strength, we're probably talking about 15 straight. And not many rational people are expecting Tech to field a better team than KU this season.

There's literally no reason to assume that Tech is taking over the Big 12. If KU had been at full strength, we're probably talking about 15 straight. And not many rational people are expecting Tech to field a better team than KU this season.

Which is why I'm bummed about playing TT this season. We don't want to play the flavor of last month/year. We want to play best of the best on best years. It's a blue blood thing.

Some UK fans I've talked to also agree, we went from playing a game where we expect to lose and it'd be great if we win, to a game where we expect to win and i'd suck to lose. It's a mindset if that makes sense.

lose/lose

Which is why I'm bummed about playing TT this season. We don't want to play the flavor of last month/year. We want to play best of the best on best years. It's a blue blood thing.

Some UK fans I've talked to also agree, we went from playing a game where we expect to lose and it'd be great if we win, to a game where we expect to win and i'd suck to lose. It's a mindset if that makes sense.

lose/lose

What a blue blood mentality lol

Think of it this way, you know how you brag about being the best this year....now imagine if you're best all time.

Not sure I've twisted anything into being a lose/lose situation since winning the championship.

lose/lose is playing a game where your team is expected to win. If you win, well, you were expected to. Losing it, well it's the end of the world according to every fan in the world.

Edit: Generational winning goes into that mindset. "we should never lose to that team".

Reactions: 5thGenJayhawk
lose/lose is playing a game where your team is expected to win. If you win, well, you were expected to. Losing it, well it's the end of the world according to every fan in the world.

LOL you didn't have to explain to me what lose/lose means. Thanks for insulting my intelligence though.

Apparently for you guys it didn't take losing your coach just us getting a better one.

It's cute how these TT fans think Beard is gonna be there long-term

Reactions: KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT