ADVERTISEMENT

Schools you cheer against just because of posters on this board?

I don’t think i cheer against any programs because of people I interact with.

I cheer against UNC in everything now because I think(this is just my opinion) their entire athletic department is fraudulent and most of their success was ill gotten/bought.

I cheer against Duke basketball because they’re good and have benefitted from ncaa double standards to a degree(nothing like UNC though).

I cheer against Kansas because they’re close to us in all time wins.

UNC is the big one though. Anytime anything good happens for that athletic department it feels like a loss. Call me rustled, triggered, w/e. That whole ordeal greatly contributed to my mistrust of the legitimacy of college basketball and to a lesser degree spectator sports as a whole.
Great post

Nothing against the UNC fans on here as most are great posters, but what UNC got away with (and continue to get away with) is a slap in the face to college basketball.

I can 2nd this 100%! Growing up on the border of Louisville, I've had 41 years to hate all things Kentucky....simply because of being around their fans for all my life. But, my absolute disdain for all thing's Kentucky has actually mellowed quite a bit due to my interactions with some of you Kentucky ****ers on here....(yes, you are definitely included as one of the "****ers").

But, to answer the original question....yes I do root against certain teams based on nothing more then seeing certain people here unhappy. I wish I could honestly say that I'm not that petty, but I'd be lieing. For instance, I sincerely hope that UNC doesn't e win another game! Just because with the whole "me too" movement going on right now, I'm guessing some liberal somewhere would say it's sexist somehow to make up a fake super model as your wife's.

Thanks, after a while, I just realize that ppl are homers and they root for their team, nothing personal. The only ppl on here I don't care for is ones with the over the top homerism and prefer talking about other teams more than their own. That's not homerism as it's just obsession.

Thanks, after a while, I just realize that ppl are homers and they root for their team, nothing personal. The only ppl on here I don't care for is ones with the over the top homerism and prefer talking about other teams more than their own. That's not homerism as it's just obsession.
As I've gotten older, most of the things that's always bothered me don't bother me much anymore. However, the one caveat to this...and something that irritates me way beyond what would be considered a healthy level...is, someone who's a hypocrite! That shit bugs me more then anything else on this earth.

Jack o lantern spectacular is really cool. I grew up near Iroquois Park, so that new edition is really fun.

Yeah, we've been twice now. It is really cool. I also am a huge fan of the zoo there. We stayed in these apartments over off Bardstown called The Cherokee. There were a ton of really cool restaurants and bars around that area if we ever decide to go back without the kids.

It’s fun to root against Iowa because a certain poster is easily rustled. On the flip side, if they were actually good, he’d be even more unbearable.

Switching gears tho, I actually find myself rooting for Virginia in part because @jhmossy seems like a good dude and took the 1v16 loss in stride. It sucked losing in the Elite 8 but it was less painful because it was UVA who beat us.

Reactions: jhmossy
Iowa is putting in work on this board. Laughing

Actually, I root against Iowa because of Gilligan. That home board potato
Even with Giligan, I've never payed attention to Iowa.I'd love for them to win the Big every year from here on out. I'm not trying to be an asshole, I just never see them on tv, and we never play them.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Yeah, we've been twice now. It is really cool. I also am a huge fan of the zoo there. We stayed in these apartments over off Bardstown called The Cherokee. There were a ton of really cool restaurants and bars around that area if we ever decide to go back without the kids.
Used to live right near there before I moved a while ago. My mom and sister still in the Highlands neighborhood.

I fantasize about people/posters hating Louisville just because of me. For years, Tom Jurich, Rick Pitino, and Bobby Petrino stole my glory. Now, it's my time.
1SFq3kN.gif

Beat me to it. My answer is absolutely not. Mostly because I am not mentally and emotionally fragile enough to let that happen.
True, but..........I mean, we all come on here after a UK loss....Duke, UNC, KU loss, and give them(and certain posters) hell. I mean, I cannot say I haven't been watching an Iowa game, see a Fran meltdown, and go---"man is it gonna be fun if they lose,.........", . I don't think that makes anyone mentally fragile. I just think it makes us fans.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I don't root for them to lose...But when they(Iowa) do, I cannot wait to get on here, and read how the officials cost Iowa yet another win......Its tough, though to...I like Hawkit. But damn. Gil makes it rough.

I don’t dislike them either, but the way a few of their fans ruin every thread.....

Reactions: IUfanBorden
ADVERTISEMENT