ADVERTISEMENT

Schools you cheer against just because of posters on this board?

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
I can't be the only person who cheers against teams solely because I don't want certain posters here to be happy, right?

What schools lead in that category? I assume Iowa is #1, right? Gotta be.

I'm sure UCF, Auburn, South Carolina are up there as well.

The big ones are obvious, does anyone want Duke to win and Afamu to be happy? Hell no!

Anyone else?

I root against Kentucky and Iowa because I like to watch their fans overreact on here.
giphy.gif

Not because of any poster but I want UL to lose every game! Only school/team I really don’t like at all. Nobody else matters enough to me to worry about.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
Not because of any poster but I want UL to lose every game! Only school/team I really don’t like at all. Nobody else matters enough to me to worry about.
I've came to the point in my middle age. I don't care if they win as long as it's not against UK. They cannot threaten us in any category all time.

IMO, Duke and UNC is the better rivalry b/c they are so close in all time stats. KU and MU is better due to shear hatred, too bad one or both are huge vaginas and won't play OOC.

Anyway, UL is ball crabs to UK that we can cleanse with one good shampoo. @UL_1986 @Villian07 @rockycard @beasleythecard @Steelers2012 @Ipartiedwithhopgood @HRTheCard @KerryRhodes

I think I got all of them with the comb. jumpingsmile

*ftr, I like 75% of those posters and like to see them happy.

Last edited:
I know I’ve personally got under a few posters skin to the point where they troll any thread concerning U of L. (Excludes UK fans)

Last edited:
It’s pretty fun seeing crazyq‘s takes following Uk losses.

I wouldn’t cheer against a team just because of the posters, but meltdown threads do add a bit to the board.

I don’t think i cheer against any programs because of people I interact with.

I cheer against UNC in everything now because I think(this is just my opinion) their entire athletic department is fraudulent and most of their success was ill gotten/bought.

I cheer against Duke basketball because they’re good and have benefitted from ncaa double standards to a degree(nothing like UNC though).

I cheer against Kansas because they’re close to us in all time wins.

UNC is the big one though. Anytime anything good happens for that athletic department it feels like a loss. Call me rustled, triggered, w/e. That whole ordeal greatly contributed to my mistrust of the legitimacy of college basketball and to a lesser degree spectator sports as a whole.

I cheer against UNC in everything now because I think(this is just my opinion) their entire athletic department is fraudulent and most of their success was ill gotten/bought.

I cheer against Duke basketball because they’re good and have benefitted from ncaa double standards to a degree(nothing like UNC though).

UNC is the big one though. Anytime anything good happens for that athletic department it feels like a loss. Call me rustled, triggered, w/e. That whole ordeal greatly contributed to my mistrust of the legitimacy of college basketball and to a lesser degree spectator sports as a whole.
Trigger Awill.

Reactions: AWilli6995

Your last paragraph is comical especially when UK was on the cover of SI and getting slapped multiple times by the NCAA. I will agree with you being rustled, triggered and whatever you wanna call it, makes me smile Winking

Your last paragraph is comical especially when UK was on the cover of SI and getting slapped multiple times by the NCAA. I will agree with you being rustled, triggered and whatever you wanna call it, makes me smile Winking

The difference is we accepted responsibility instead of trying to buy our way out of it with lawyers. I’m glad it makes you happy. I don’t dislike you. Or any of the unc fans on this board or any unc fans I know.

The difference is we accepted responsibility instead of trying to buy our way out of it with lawyers. I’m glad it makes you happy. I don’t dislike you. Or any of the unc fans on this board or any unc fans I know.

It really doesn't matter if you accepted responsibility or not, UK got smacked and UNC didn't and it still bothers you. I met and worked with many UK fans and I can say they are all good people, would do anything for you so what I see here won't change my thinking on the ones I know personally.

It really doesn't matter if you accepted responsibility or not, UK got smacked and UNC didn't and it still bothers you. I met and worked with many UK fans and I can say they are all good people, would do anything for you so what I see here won't change my thinking on the ones I know personally.

When you’re invested in the sport of course it’s going to bother you. It’s not just me. It clearly bothered a lot of people. And it bothers unc fans they keep having to read about. And you’re going to continue to have to read about. And that clearly bothers you or you wouldn’t respond defensively to literally every post about the matter.

The ncaa didn’t do anything but they were still exposed. The rest of college basketball knows how dirty the unc athletic department is now. And it will always be that way. Trust me. Just as we still read about Kentucky’s shame 30+ years later.

But truly, it was a good thing for fans. It showed us what the sport is all about for anyone that didn’t know or were holding onto these I’ll conceived notions that fairness and holding a legit competition actually matter. Money is the bottom line. And it always will be. We were all gifted some unintended transparency.

Ya know, I've never understood this stance. Its like you feel UK did some noble act. They had no choice but to accept responsibility. I mean you don't think if UK could've found a loop hole, or what not---that they wouldn't have exploited it? Sure they would have. There isn't a school out there that wouldn't. Not to mention , some of your BBN brethren feel UK did nothing wrong, and was wrongfully accused, and punished.

I just think its a foolish thing to say. It would be like me saying the same about IU and Sampson.

There she is.

When you’re invested in the sport of course it’s going to bother you. It’s not just me. It clearly bothered a lot of people. And it bothers unc fans they keep having to read about. And you’re going to continue to have to read about. And that clearly bothers you or you wouldn’t respond defensively to literally every post about the matter.

The ncaa didn’t do anything but they were still exposed. The rest of college basketball knows how dirty the unc athletic department is now. And it will always be that way. Trust me. Just as we still read about Kentucky’s shame 30+ years later.

But truly, it was a good thing for fans. It showed us what the sport is all about for anyone that didn’t know or were holding onto these I’ll conceived notions that fairness and holding a legit competition actually matter. Money is the bottom line. And it always will be. We were all gifted some unintended transparency.

Bottom line is you're still mad and we'll get the last word no matter what you say. So when someone brings up the UNC drama I'll comment but at the end of the day I can say scoreboard and people like you can't stand it. When it comes to doing anything dirty no UK fan ever should label anyone a cheater with all the drama you had, whether you owned it or not.

Reactions: jace4655555

That isn’t the difference actually. You bought the propaganda they sold you so that’s on you though. Should have bought what I sold you and you would understand why it went down the way it did. No matter though.

Hey, Louisville people, I’m there tonight and just ate at a place called BoomBozz. It was really good.

Due to some posters here, I don't dislike their team as much as I used to.
I can 2nd this 100%! Growing up on the border of Louisville, I've had 41 years to hate all things Kentucky....simply because of being around their fans for all my life. But, my absolute disdain for all thing's Kentucky has actually mellowed quite a bit due to my interactions with some of you Kentucky ****ers on here....(yes, you are definitely included as one of the "****ers").

But, to answer the original question....yes I do root against certain teams based on nothing more then seeing certain people here unhappy. I wish I could honestly say that I'm not that petty, but I'd be lieing. For instance, I sincerely hope that UNC doesn't e win another game! Just because with the whole "me too" movement going on right now, I'm guessing some liberal somewhere would say it's sexist somehow to make up a fake super model as your wife's.

That isn’t the difference actually. You bought the propaganda they sold you so that’s on you though. Should have bought what I sold you and you would understand why it went down the way it did. No matter though.

Hey, Louisville people, I’m there tonight and just ate at a place called BoomBozz. It was really good.
Which Boombozz? My daughter used to work at the one across the bridge in Indiana. They have great food, for a pizza place.

How long are you going to be here? I'm busy tomorrow, but if you'll be here for awhile I'll buy you a beer. If you're going to be here for awhile, or be back in town soon
.....definitely try Wicks pizza, if you're wanting pizza. If you're going to be in Indiana, then you definitely need to try out Pizza King right across the bridge.

We came in yesterday and we did the Louisville Slugger tour and Jack O Lantern Spectacular with the kids. Now we are heading to the zoo and back home. It was just a quick trip with the kids. Heading to Chattanooga for the weekend with the wife later on. Celebrating the benefits of being a teacher and getting Fall Break.

Reactions: UL_1986
We came in yesterday and we did the Louisville Slugger tour and Jack O Lantern Spectacular with the kids. Now we are heading to the zoo and back home. It was just a quick trip with the kids. Heading to Chattanooga for the weekend with the wife later on. Celebrating the benefits of being a teacher and getting Fall Break.
Jack o lantern spectacular is really cool. I grew up near Iroquois Park, so that new edition is really fun.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT