ADVERTISEMENT

Rosanne Lamar Bee Left/Right Slugjam

Just curious . . . does anyone know if Ivanka has shared an opinion about DACA publicly? Maybe she isn't for it and the conversations go on behind closed doors. I don't know.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
I thought you were an apples to apples kind of guy. Let's stick to this topic for now. I am really curious to see the justification for calling Ivanka a feckless ****.
I answered questions you asked.

No one is offering a justification, so you'll have to continue to be curious. Unless you can go re-read all the posts where you claim I was defending Samantha Bee and figure it out.

Yeah, because that has never happened before...
12208770_579365605550571_4741038061428330577_n.png

1390491_245237198963415_777759573_n.jpg

11224108_1490475337938241_6338717534099847311_n.jpg

Cva2S0NUAAEdovD.jpg

d9171b4b3b1bb4d47a9b3df0b22939df.jpg

Wasko.jpg

0HqUQrmnpvOGo3kMI.jpg

images

fullfrontalracism.jpg

Jesus ****, there are some racist people in this country.

Yeah, because that has never happened before...
12208770_579365605550571_4741038061428330577_n.png

1390491_245237198963415_777759573_n.jpg

11224108_1490475337938241_6338717534099847311_n.jpg

Cva2S0NUAAEdovD.jpg

d9171b4b3b1bb4d47a9b3df0b22939df.jpg

Wasko.jpg

0HqUQrmnpvOGo3kMI.jpg

images

fullfrontalracism.jpg
Those are disgusting and disturbing memes and I hope the people who created, posted or laughed at them all choke on a bag of dicks. But what in the hell does that have to do with the topic? We are talking about celebrities and the MSM here. Were any of those posted by celebrities or the MSM?

Who tf is Joy Reid?
An MSNBC person. She has her own show. High level, she had a blog years ago prior to getting on TV. She made some political/social stances that differ widely from what she advocates for now. Her blog was made public and brought to light. She said she must have been hacked because she doesn’t remember writing those things. Basically, it’s been confirmed that it was her blog and doesn’t seem to be any tampering with it. She lied. She wrote some pretty harsh things that don’t fall in line with MSNBC and lied about it. She got to apologize and say that her views have “evolved” and she doesn’t subscribe to any longer.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
What's your take on Joy Reid and her situation? She made some pretty bad posts on homosexuality and other things. Had it been a conservative on Fox or something like that, I believe that person would have been fired. However, Joy Reid is allowed to "evolve" her beliefs and just apologize even though she has lied about this since it broke.
I'd never heard of Joy Reid before any of her scandal broke. Here's one explanation I've for why she is so beloved. In the sense that you like our President's tough presentation enough to overlook personal decorum, perhaps Reid's fans are, too. According to the liberal but highly credible The Atlantic, she was skewered plenty, and disproportionately. I'll add that the offensive things she said happened over a decade ago. The country has come a long, long way regarding sexual orientation in that decade, so I'd say there is room for forgiveness when someone is truly sorry for that and has changed. (The suspicious claim about having been hacked doesn't seem very honest, but it otherwise fits with a desire to renounce the comments.)

Ever see this video of a white guy and black guy walking down the street carrying a gun? If someone is submitting it as objective evidence of racism, an appropriate criticism is that the two experiments happened in different places involving different LEO. Similarly, how MSNBC, ABC, TNT, Fox News, and other stations handle their personnel is individual; it's not an example of hypocrisy or a double-standard that one employer might handle it differently from another.

One additional note, that tweet from Ivanka was perceived as insensitive? Why? Could it be because of a fake attack on Trump's immigration policies? The backlash she got was because that photo of the children in cells surfaced even though they were from 2014. So, really, the attacks on Ivanka sholdn't have even happened. I would argue that regardless of those photos or not, she posted a nice picture of her and her kid. Nothing at all wrong with that.
You are suspicious of how genuine criticism of our President's new policy is. Okay. We're not exactly experiencing a period of bipartisan congeniality right now... That suspicions go both ways shouldn't surprise you.

Apparently, some people -- including Bee -- see a cute post as a potential attempt to distract, and the mother-child part content is easy enough to compare to what's being taken from immigrant children as a result of an official policy from her father's administration.

I'd never heard of Joy Reid before any of her scandal broke. Here's one explanation I've for why she is so beloved. In the sense that you like our President's tough presentation enough to overlook personal decorum, perhaps Reid's fans are, too. According to the liberal but highly credible The Atlantic, she was skewered plenty, and disproportionately. I'll add that the offensive things she said happened over a decade ago. The country has come a long, long way regarding sexual orientation in that decade, so I'd say there is room for forgiveness when someone is truly sorry for that and has changed. (The suspicious claim about having been hacked doesn't seem very honest, but it otherwise fits with a desire to renounce the comments.)

Ever see this video of a white guy and black guy walking down the street carrying a gun? If someone is submitting it as objective evidence of racism, an appropriate criticism is that the two experiments happened in different places involving different LEO. Similarly, how MSNBC, ABC, TNT, Fox News, and other stations handle their personnel is individual; it's not an example of hypocrisy or a double-standard that one employer might handle it differently from another.

You are suspicious of how genuine criticism of our President's new policy is. Okay. We're not exactly experiencing a period of bipartisan congeniality right now... That suspicions go both ways shouldn't surprise you.

Apparently, some people -- including Bee -- see a cute post as a potential attempt to distract, and the mother-child part content is easy enough to compare to what's being taken from immigrant children as a result of an official policy from her father's administration.
So why is she allowed to “evolve” her beliefs but some of Trumps actions/practices that were labeled as racist over 10 years ago still pointed to him? Can’t give one a pass and not the other. I guess the main point is liberals give liberals a pass on things and conservatives give conservatives a pass on things.

An MSNBC person. She has her own show. High level, she had a blog years ago prior to getting on TV. She made some political/social stances that differ widely from what she advocates for now. Her blog was made public and brought to light. She said she must have been hacked because she doesn’t remember writing those things. Basically, it’s been confirmed that it was her blog and doesn’t seem to be any tampering with it. She lied. She wrote some pretty harsh things that don’t fall in line with MSNBC and lied about it. She got to apologize and say that her views have “evolved” and she doesn’t subscribe to any longer.

Thank you for catching me up on it. As I've stated here before, I'm not one to demand people lose their jobs, so I'm glad she was able to apologize and keep her job. That said, like Roseanne, I wouldn't have had a problem with her losing her job either.

As for whether or not she has 'evolved', I hope she has. People can, though not many do, change their viewpoints over a decade.

It’s amazing the attention this has gotten considering how incredibly abysmal Bee’s ratings are. Who cares? Her saying this probably is the equivalent of saying it on an obsolete message board.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Thank you for catching me up on it. As I've stated here before, I'm not one to demand people lose their jobs, so I'm glad she was able to apologize and keep her job. That said, like Roseanne, I wouldn't have had a problem with her losing her job either.

As for whether or not she has 'evolved', I hope she has. People can, though not many do, change their viewpoints over a decade.
I actually agree with ya. I don’t get why people can’t just get reprimanded internally at their job and be done with it. Why do people have to be fired? Anyway, I do think Roseanne’s comments were worse, but bad is bad no matter how you cut it. Penalize them and move on. Think everyone can agree with that, right?

So why is she allowed to “evolve” her beliefs but some of Trumps actions/practices that were labeled as racist over 10 years ago still pointed to him? Can’t give one a pass and not the other. I guess the main point is liberals give liberals a pass on things and conservatives give conservatives a pass on things.

Define "pass". Joy said homophobic things, got hammered by the media, kept her job. Trump said racist things, got hammered by the media, is still POTUS.

Define "pass". Joy said homophobic things, got hammered by the media, kept her job. Trump said racist things, got hammered by the media, is still POTUS.
on twitter or in a speech or are you saying like a long time ago? I haven't seen anything pop up.

on twitter or in a speech or are you saying like a long time ago? I haven't seen anything pop up.

For the sake of making the comparison apples-to-apples, we’ll go with a decade ago or longer.

Yeah, Trump's race issues have been long-standing. The whole Central Park 5 thing was just brutal. He's gotten in legal trouble for not renting to black people. There's a bit there.

Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81
Yeah, Trump's race issues have been long-standing. The whole Central Park 5 thing was just brutal. He's gotten in legal trouble for not renting to black people. There's a bit there.
Yup but they were over a decade ago. Can’t he “evolve” his beliefs as well?

There is certainly some of that partisan hypocrisy, but each situation is different, too. Our President isn't very good at contrition. He'll shrug an apology every now and then, but he much more frequently minimizes it or deflects, then counterattacks. Joy Reid has made much more of an effort to apologize and denounce the things her blog says she said. Apologies go a long way. Not only does our President not really apologize, there aren't really any clear signs of having changed his ways, either.

Yup but they were over a decade ago. Can’t he “evolve” his beliefs as well?
He hasn't really changed.

If he did, it should be accepted and embraced, even, though I suspect there would be a segment of liberals who would not forgive him and who would hold onto resentment.

If you can sit back and watch some random guy verbally attack your wife or kids, you don’t have a set of balls.

ESPECIALLY as a dad, my job is to get my kids OUT of possibly dangerous situations, NOT to escalate or create them, no matter how pissed I might be. You take a shot at a guy, and suddenly you are on the wrong end of a beating, or a stabbing, or a shooting, in front of your kids, because he used a bad word at them? No way.

Reactions: brooky03
ESPECIALLY as a dad, my job is to get my kids OUT of possibly dangerous situations, NOT to escalate or create them, no matter how pissed I might be. You take a shot at a guy, and suddenly you are on the wrong end of a beating, or a stabbing, or a shooting, in front of your kids, because he used a bad word at them? No way.
That’s fair bud, I just know I wouldn’t have the mindset to sit and think about what you said even though it makes sense. Hell, if anyone talked crap about any of my family members without it being provoked, there would be a beat down coming their way.

I see your point and i think its pretty easy to see if its a situation you can control or one you cant. But if some asshole does asshole stuff to your wife and wont stop after being warned.....I couldn't walk away......just not the way many are raised here in KS. Again, if its a personal attack its easy to laugh it off---but if they threaten a family member, you gotta stand your ground whether you are lined up to give a beating or possibly take one.

There are plenty of people who could use a good punch in the face. Like, who here wouldn't smile if they saw Roseanne get punched in the face?

Or maybe one more people will agree with. This dude exposed himself to children in a park.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
There are plenty of people who could use a good punch in the face. Like, who here wouldn't smile if they saw Roseanne get punched in the face?

Or maybe one more people will agree with. This dude exposed himself to children in a park.

I don't have a problem with that. The only problem i might have if he got knocked out and continued to receive a beating.

That’s fair bud, I just know I wouldn’t have the mindset to sit and think about what you said even though it makes sense. Hell, if anyone talked crap about any of my family members without it being provoked, there would be a beat down coming their way.

Oh, I know exactly what you mean... I've got a fairly vicious temper. But when it comes to the family, I generally stay in "keep them safe" mode a LOT. When you do things like driving, and some douche cuts you off or whatever... old me would have literally followed them home and threatened them. New me just gives them as much space as possible and shakes my head.

BTW, what if I talk crap about your cousin. Is that allowed? :)

(Oh, btw, me Jungle and White were on yesterday, and this rando team gets on, and I'm like "Jesus, who is this autistic guy I am up against?" annnndd yeah, it was Brandon, with those headphones on like the guy from Something About Mary:) )

Reactions: JimboBBN
Oh, I know exactly what you mean... I've got a fairly vicious temper. But when it comes to the family, I generally stay in "keep them safe" mode a LOT. When you do things like driving, and some douche cuts you off or whatever... old me would have literally followed them home and threatened them. New me just gives them as much space as possible and shakes my head.

BTW, what if I talk crap about your cousin. Is that allowed? :)

(Oh, btw, me Jungle and White were on yesterday, and this rando team gets on, and I'm like "Jesus, who is this autistic guy I am up against?" annnndd yeah, it was Brandon, with those headphones on like the guy from Something About Mary:) )
I don’t have kids yet so my mind may change when that day comes. But I totally get where you’re comjng from.

Talk about B is hate free from me ;)

Those are disgusting and disturbing memes and I hope the people who created, posted or laughed at them all choke on a bag of dicks. But what in the hell does that have to do with the topic? We are talking about celebrities and the MSM here. Were any of those posted by celebrities or the MSM?
Hell Dattier probably photo shopped them all. He is a total ****
head.

Dattier is not that stupid. He watches that channel all the time. Geeze.

ADVERTISEMENT