ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Hampton commits to.............

That’s not true. Evan logged his pick on the 18th and McDaniels committed on the 21st. Obviously he heard something, everyone else followed him. I don’t think you flip from Kentucky to Washington by just guessing. Definitely had to hear something.

Daniels and Slater are the only one’s I look for though besides the Louisville guys.
...and he heard something prior to that, and something prior to that. Laughing

crystal ball picks is just a marketing ploy by 24/7

Been saying for awhile that it was between KU and overseas. First time Evan Daniels has been wrong in a long time.

There were a lot of murmurs about this over the last few days. Wasn't shocked. I think the kid wanted to go to KU but his dad took control.

Really??????? Scout Kansas Board you said MrBaracus- may 26th 12:04 from Mobile-
"It’s KU. There’s no doubt. Skewer me if I’m wrong."
https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Board/103719/Contents/RJ-Hampton-Love-Thread-132306253/?Page=2

...and he heard something prior to that, and something prior to that. Laughing

crystal ball picks is just a marketing ploy by 24/7

Not saying it isn't but that doesn't mean that certain people like Daniels and Slater don't have inside connections. I mean Slater has correctly picked Hampton and a few others on twitter here recently well before anything was brought up.

Last edited:
Well, I was referring to this board, but good detective work. Not pathetic at all.RollLaugh

I came across that reading the KU melt down ........ finding your post was just icing on the cake

I find it odd that you would guarantee its KU on your own board but say something different here......... how flaky can you be?

Big get for the breakers. Best ownership group in pro sports

Not saying it isn't but that doesn't mean that certain people like Daniels and Slater don't have inside connections. I mean Slater has correctly picked Hampton and a few others on twitter here recently well before anything was brought up.
So he picked Hampton correctly to New Zeland?

I came across that reading the KU melt down ........ finding your post was just icing on the cake

I find it odd that you would guarantee its KU on your own board but say something different here......... how flaky can you be?

Opinions change over time. Players and families also change directions. Just two days ago he tweeted "biggest decision of my life." The arrow definitely seemed to point toward KU until the last 48 hours. I think his dad redirected the ship at the last minute.

It's not like we see players skip college to go overseas every day, and it's not like Daniels is often wrong. He's obviously connected, as evidenced by the fact that everybody else follows his lead.

Opinions change over time. Players and families also change directions. Just two days ago he tweeted "biggest decision of my life." The arrow definitely seemed to point toward KU until the last 48 hours. I think his dad redirected the ship at the last minute.

It's not like we see players skip college to go overseas every day, and it's not like Daniels is often wrong. He's obviously connected, as evidenced by the fact that everybody else follows his lead.

That makes them pathetic. They should get their own sources besides Daniels. "Shit he changed his pick again,so I need to change mine"

CB picks is gossip. Nothing else. It's like reading the horoscope predictions in the newspaper.

That makes them pathetic. They should get their own sources besides Daniels. "Shit he changed his pick again,so I need to change mine"

CB picks is gossip. Nothing else. It's like reading the horoscope predictions in the newspaper.

Most of them have sources. He just clearly has more reliable sources.

Again, he's right 95% of the time. And he wasn't even "wrong" in this instance, because this doesn't count against him. It was essentially a free pick. He probably knew that it came down to KU or New Zealand.

I know that for some reason you think that changing his McDaniels pick late has killed his credibility, but it's a little ridiculous. He made 50+ correct picks in a row, and the last miss was a 3 star that he probably barely dug into.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Most of them have sources. He just clearly has more reliable sources.

Again, he's right 95% of the time. And he wasn't even "wrong" in this instance, because this doesn't count against him. It was essentially a free pick. He probably knew that it came down to KU or New Zealand.

I know that for some reason you think that changing his McDaniels pick late has killed his credibility, but it's a little ridiculous. He made 50+ correct picks in a row, and the last miss was a 3 star that he probably barely dug into.

He was wrong. This was that 5% you claim that he doesn’t get right.

He was wrong. This was that 5% you claim that he doesn’t get it right.
...and the other 95% he flips flops days right at decision time.

I'm not trying to hate on Daniels,it's just funny how much stock ppl put into some guesses these guys make. Reminds me of Marc Maggard how he sold a bunch of UK fans subscriptions to his inside info.

I'll give him this. He's entertainment.

Reactions: Quavarius
He was wrong. This was that 5% you claim that he doesn’t get it right.

Again, it doesn't count against him to pick a college if they go overseas. I'm sure he was hearing the same "KU or overseas" buzz that many others did, and stuck with KU because it wouldn't count against him. There's no reward for choosing "undecided."

Regardless, what's your point? Do you really think he has no connections?

Again, it doesn't count against him to pick a college if they go overseas. I'm sure he was hearing the same "KU or overseas" buzz that many others did, and stuck with KU because it wouldn't count against him. There's no reward for choosing "undecided."

Regardless, what's your point? Do you really think he has no connections?
He clearly has imperfect connections and is easily persuaded by other imperfect connections.

Also, by saying, it doesn't count against him, hurts his credibility.

Reactions: Quavarius
...and the other 95% he flips flops days right at decision time.

I'm not trying to hate on Daniels,it's just funny how much stock ppl put into some guesses these guys make. Reminds me of Marc Maggard how he sold a bunch of UK fans subscriptions to his inside info.

I'll give him this. He's entertainment.

Do you have even one other example of him flip-flopping?

Are you saying he's only flip flopped prior to one decision?

He's a sideshow fortune teller. All of them are. They're for entertainment purposes only.

I have no idea how many last-minute switches he's had in his career. But I'm not the one labeling him a flip-flopper. And I'm pretty sure you're basing your opinion on literally ONE instance.

Reactions: HRTheCard
I have no idea how many last-minute switches he's had in his career. But I'm not the one labeling him a flip-flopper. And I'm pretty sure you're basing your opinion on literally ONE instance.

That's on you. It's not my day to correct opinions.

btw, congrats on missing out on a "ball hog non shooter, who has no interest in defense, plus his Lavar like dad". I'm surprised you wanted him in the first place.

No, it's clear that you have no more examples, considering I've asked you to provide one about 4 times.
It's not my day to educate you. You can ask a 7th time and I still won't do your homework. You're capable of searching I'm sure.

Again congrats avoiding a horrible player.

Are you ED's pr person? I don't get why you're defending a guy that lead you on. Do you pay money? Actually, NVM.

v7m6L.jpg

It's not my day to educate you. You can ask a 7th time and I still won't do your homework. You're capable of searching I'm sure.

Again congrats avoiding a horrible player.

Are you ED's pr person? I don't get why you're defending a guy that lead you on. Do you pay money? Actually, NVM.

v7m6L.jpg

Nice copout.

I couldn’t care less about the crystal ball. The point is that you’re calling somebody’s credibility into question for no good reason.

As for RJ, I’ve read a lot about him today. People in TX didn’t like him at all. His dad IS Lavar Ball. And yes, he’s a ball-hog that won’t put in the effort on D and doesn’t solve KU’s shooting question. I’m completely at peace with this development. Assuming Dotson returns, KU still has a lot of talent and, better yet, ZERO prima donnas. However, I do want another shooter. Hopefully Wilson and/or one of the remaining grad transfers.

Nice copout.

I couldn’t care less about the crystal ball. The point is that you’re calling somebody’s credibility into question for no good reason.

As for RJ, I’ve read a lot about him today. People in TX didn’t like him at all. His dad IS Lavar Ball. And yes, he’s a ball-hog that won’t put in the effort on D and doesn’t solve KU’s shooting question. I’m completely at peace with this development. Assuming Dotson returns, KU still has a lot of talent and, better yet, ZERO prima donnas. However, I do want another shooter. Hopefully Wilson and/or one of the remaining grad transfers.

ehh. you seem to care a bit about it.

And again, congrats on missing out on a recruit you didn't like. maybe Grimes will come back and you can get someone you don't like as a consolation prize.

I'm also guessing Lavar Ball isn't his dad and that's just more hyperbole.

Last edited:
Reactions: kl40504
I’m trying to understand how the Aussie team really benefits much here

Regardless I ain’t mad at someone getting paid

Reactions: cooljeff
I’m trying to understand how the Aussie team really benefits much here

Regardless I ain’t mad at someone getting paid
Basketball is a growing sport down under. We've lost a player to them recently. Granted he was from there, but he still chose playing there instead of UK for another year. We also lost another guy from New Zealand, but that wasn't due to going pro. He was introducing guns to UK parties.

Apparently, his dad said in an interview he has been signed for a month now. What a shitty thing to do to the teams involved
That sucks. What an asshole. I now feel bad for KU,UM,TT fans.

Dick.

It's going to be hard to root for him in the NBA. Maybe, he'll win me over with entertainment, but...

reply05.gif

full circle ;)

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
ehh. you seem to care a bit about it.

And again, congrats on missing out on a recruit you didn't like. maybe Grimes will come back and you can get someone you don't like as a consolation prize.

I'm also guessing Lavar Ball isn't his dad and that's just more hyperbole.

Hilarious.

Again, nice copout.

Hilarious.

Again, nice copout.

You can misspell "copout" all you want, but you really need to focus more on what I'm saying. The guy makes guesses. Focus on the word guesses.

So you didn't like Hampton and you don't like Grimes. Lets get the revisionist history correct. If I understand correctly and I think I do, you're putting the eggs in Dotson now.

btw, is Lavar Ball really his dad?

Last edited:
Reactions: kl40504
ADVERTISEMENT