ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Hampton commits to.............

Seems like he and his dad think it’s all about them. Might be a good thing he didn’t choose college.

If I were a KU fan, I wouldn’t be too upset just from some of the things his dad has said.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I see it as a good thing for the game of basketball actually. This kind of thing is commonplace in soccer. You have English prospects, for instance, good enough to play Premier League but who go to Germany for 2-3 years to get more playing time in a pro league.

In soccer, you have 5 major leagues though with some amount of parity. NBA has huge amount of disparity with other leagues. Closing that gap would actually benefit the NBA by spreading awareness of the game (IMO).

so difficult to attempt to understand this mindset...most of us have a true affection for college and college sports but I can see how you might feel like a commodity and that it is best to maximize your earning potential.

I think you learn a great deal in a college setting but you can learn in the setting he is going to as well...lot's of kids do exchange studies and do not get $200k for it...

it is an interesting time...seeing more and more player mobility and I would guess the ncaa and perhaps the leagues need to look at what makes sense.

What I do not quite understand is the motivation of the foreign team...I mean I have never seen this guy play and I can't imagine he is going to pack the fans in...so is this sustainable for say 20 kids a year? Will these market opportunities continue to exist/grow?

@MrBaracus already had him penciled in. Laughing

Been saying for awhile that it was between KU and overseas. First time Evan Daniels has been wrong in a long time.

There were a lot of murmurs about this over the last few days. Wasn't shocked. I think the kid wanted to go to KU but his dad took control.

Come on. Even some of your fellow Raftards realize by now that 90% of your players take dough. Laughing
and it takes our trainers forever to get it off them afterwards.

...anyway. Congrats overseas. I'm glad we weren't lead on like some other schools.

giphy.gif

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
He supposedly don’t want to play in crowded back courts at UK and Duke(dukes back court doesn’t really look that crowded to me but okay) but was going to go to Kansas and play with agbaji and Dotson who IMO were better last season than Hagans and Quickley(though maxey looks like the real deal to be fair). That never added up to me but w/e. I just assumed Kansas had found a way to pay another one.

I do wonder about this decision and how it will impact his brand and marketability.

Been saying for awhile that it was between KU and overseas. First time Evan Daniels has been wrong in a long time.

There were a lot of murmurs about this over the last few days. Wasn't shocked. I think the kid wanted to go to KU but his dad took control.
to be fair, Daniels had Mcdaniels to UK right up until he flipped to Washington. I think he's took a hit this spring signing.

For me, at least, he's a member of the Crystal ball club. None of them know ish, and just guessing.

Reactions: Montana81
to be fair, Daniels had Mcdaniels to UK right up until he flipped to Washington. I think he's took a hit this spring signing.

For me, at least, he's a member of the Crystal ball club. None of them know ish, and just guessing.

Well, he's a helluva good guesser at a 95% clip. Bet he's a kingpin in Vegas.

I think recruiting makes coaches want to jump off a bridge. I would consider this announcement a complete shocker.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Same as UL's VJ King staying in the draft.
This guys dad specifically told Kansas' guy that overseas wasn't an option just 10 days ago and anyone spreading those rumors wasn't in the main circle. Posted instagram shots with a ku jersey on, jayhawk shorts on, openly talked about playing with Jalen here. IMO, it doesn't seem very ethical to purposely mislead people and basically flat out lie, just to create buzz----seems pretty self serving. This isn't RJ specific bc it happens all the time---just rubs me the wrong way

This guys dad specifically told Kansas' guy that overseas wasn't an option just 10 days ago and anyone spreading those rumors wasn't in the main circle. Posted instagram shots with a ku jersey on, jayhawk shorts on, openly talked about playing with Jalen here. IMO, it doesn't seem very ethical to purposely mislead people and basically flat out lie, just to create buzz----seems pretty self serving. This isn't RJ specific bc it happens all the time---just rubs me the wrong way
I'd feel the same way. Some hate being cut early, except for times like these.

He kept swearing Beard was a UCLA lock, then AZ, then Ark and so on.

Some ppl want to believe they have an inside track to recruiting/ coaching/etc, but clearly they don't.

Actually, given how the crystal ball works, it was probably a calculated move on his part. If a recruit doesn't choose a college, it doesn't affect their percentage.

RJ said in an interview that KU would have been his choice if he went the college route. Daniels probably knew it would be either KU or overseas. No harm in making the pick.

Actually, given how the crystal ball works, it was probably a calculated move on his part. If a recruit doesn't choose a college, it doesn't affect their percentage.

RJ said in an interview that KU would have been his choice if he went the college route. Daniels probably knew it would be either KU or overseas. No harm in making the pick.

Do you have a link to that story. TIA. Slow day here.

That’s not true. Evan logged his pick on the 18th and McDaniels committed on the 21st. Obviously he heard something, everyone else followed him. I don’t think you flip from Kentucky to Washington by just guessing. Definitely had to hear something.

Daniels and Slater are the only one’s I look for though besides the Louisville guys.

Kansas didn't offer to pay him enough. $250,000 was not enough to entice him to that dumpster fire.

ADVERTISEMENT