1. UConn
  2. Texas
  3. Gonzaga
  4. Miami
  5. Creighton
  6. KSU
  7. SDSU
  8. FAU

Whether "by design" or not, there's oddly enough quite a geographical balance to this year's Elite 8 (2 SE, 1 NE, 2 MW, 1 S/SW, 2 WC).

1. Texas
2. UConn
3. Miami
4. Gonzaga
5. Creighton
6. San Diego State
7. Kansas State
8. Florida Atlantic

Btw, if they put teams in Regions based on geographical location, here's how the Elite 8 matchups would probably look:

East-
UConn vs Florida Atlantic

South-
Texas vs Miami

Midwest-
Creighton vs Kansas State

West-
Gonzaga vs San Diego State

*edit- btw, this has given me an idea to propose regarding changing up the NCAAT format to make it more region-based and allow for easier travel for fans (i.e. more fans showing up i.e. more money for the NCAA, which they certainly wouldn't pass up the opportunity for)......

1. Texas
2. Gonzaga
3. UConn
4. San Diego State
5. FAU
6. Kansas State
7. Miami
8. Creighton

1. UConn
2. Texas
3. Gonzaga
4. Creighton
5. Kansas State
6. San Diego State
7. Florida Atlantic
8. Miami FL

1. Uconn
2. Texas
3. Gonzaga
4. Miami
5. Kansas State
6. Florida Atlantic
7. San Diego State
8. Creighton

I know Zags fans won’t care but the narrative will be funny if they win the natty the one time not a single 1 seed makes the Elite 8

Reactions: Noahtogo24
I know Zags fans won’t care but the narrative will be funny if they win the natty the one time not a single 1 seed makes the Elite 8
Lol ya I was thinking about this. But I think having to beat UCLA, UConn, possibly Texas and then the Natty is still pretty damn tough.

Years from now people will not remember that UConn looks damn good right now. They’d just see the 4 seed next to their name.

It would be fun if Gonzaga won it this year, but the game today will be extremely difficult.

Lol ya I was thinking about this. But I think having to beat UCLA, UConn, possibly Texas and then the Natty is still pretty damn tough.

Years from now people will not remember that UConn looks damn good right now. They’d just see the 4 seed next to their name.

It would be fun if Gonzaga won it this year, but the game today will be extremely difficult.
I agree with this - Zags path would be remember as difficult with UCLA and Uconn - of course the average fan five years from will not remember UCLA missing two starters.

Reactions: jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT