ADVERTISEMENT

Rank these teams

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
Rank these teams in order of most likely to least likely to reach the Final Four (and yes, I know the actual draw makes a HUGE difference):
Gonzaga
UNC
UVA
Maryland
Kentucky
Michigan State
FSU
Duke

Reactions: hawkit3113
If healthy:

1. Duke
2. UNC
3. Kentucky
4. Gonzaga
5. UVA
6. Michigan State
7. FSU
8. Maryland

1. Duke
2. UNC
3. UVA
4. Gonzaga
5. UK
6. Michigan State
7. FSU
8. Maryland

Reactions: UL_1986
Interesting to see folks with UNC so high. A few weeks ago when we did that Final Four thread there were only 1 or 2 folks who gave them a chance.

1. Duke
2. Virginia
3. Kentucky
4. Gonzaga
5. North Carolina
6. Michigan state
7. Maryland
8. Florida state

Of course this is if they are all healthy

Not healthy
1. Duke
2. Virginia
3. Kentucky
4. North Carolina
5. Gonzaga
6. Maryland
7. Michigan state
8. Florida state

I can’t wait to see your brackets. I’ll be shocked if any of you pick UVA past the Sweet 16.

What are we talking about here? Who the best teams are? Who has the best resume?

In terms of A games, I would go-
Duke
UK
Gonzaga
UNC
UVA
Michigan State
FSU
Maryland

MSU doesn't belong in any conversation right now imo without Langford and Ward. Regardless of what their KenPom ranking is.

What are we talking about here? Who the best teams are? Who has the best resume?

In terms of A games, I would go-
Duke
UK
Gonzaga
UNC
UVA
Michigan State
FSU
Maryland

MSU doesn't belong in any conversation right now imo without Langford and Ward. Regardless of what their KenPom ranking is.

The question was, put them in order of what you think would be the most to least likely to make the Final Four. Whatever you deem important for that. Resume, "best," whatever.

As shocking as it is Maryland is 21st in offenisve efficiency and 19th in defensive efficiency.
No. Come on now. I add Iowa for fun and to get a rise out of people (because it works). If anyone is not doing the same for adding Maryland, I question your sanity.

Come on now. Fernando and Cowan are not that good and this is not as good a Maryland team as they've had in recent years.

Yes, the landscape as a whole is down, but there are still several teams a tier or two ahead of both Iowa and Maryland.

Come on now OP. You're welcome.

No. Come on now. I add Iowa for fun and to get a rise out of people (because it works). If anyone is not doing the same for adding Maryland, I question your sanity.

Come on now. Fernando and Cowan are not that good and this is not as good a Maryland team as they've had in recent years.

Yes, the landscape as a whole is down, but there are still several teams a tier or two ahead of both Iowa and Maryland.

Come on now OP. You're welcome.

Did I say they could, I was simply explaining why OP put them on the list. Go back to your homeboard and bitch about the officiating more.

Duke(fully healthy if not below UNC)

Kentucky
Gonzaga
UVA
UNC

Not making it-

FSU

Michigan St

Maryland

UT is in the second group as well

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Duke
Gonzaga
Virginia
Kentucky
North Carolina
FSU
Michigan St
Maryland

Do you think these are the top candidates to make the F4? I may have missed the memo about why these teams..

Reactions: I am stupid
Rank these teams in order of most likely to least likely to reach the Final Four (and yes, I know the actual draw makes a HUGE difference):
Gonzaga
UNC
UVA
Maryland
Kentucky
Michigan State
FSU
Duke

The problem is you don’t have the team that will cut down the nets on your list\

So:

2 Duke
3 UVA
4 Kentucky

The rest have no chance

Reactions: KisteK
UVA style of offense comes back to bite them in the ass in March. What the furthest level they've reached in the NCAAT under Bennett?

Kansas fans will be pissed about this

not at all...KU is without their top bigman and probably the most dominant force not named Zion in college basketball, their second best post player is on the ncaa ish list, best outside shooter is awol from team and their best defensive player has been out for weeks....KU is a very flawed and thin team...the rest of the big 12 should be embarrassed they are even in the race but they are not near an elite team at teh national level...KU is now starting 4 freshmen, 2 of which are mcd's AA's who's play had not warranted much PT but who else are they going to play.

His list is based on a certain set of criteria, would not expect this KU team to have met them

a lot went wrong for this team and it is resulting in a down year...of course that down year is better than 90% of the programs in the country epic/memorable years, so you know, it's all right.

Zags
UVA
UK
DUKE
UNC

Mich St

FSU

Maryland

Reactions: Big_Blue79
By the way, Gonzaga slipped to 26th on defense after last night, so it's just seven teams with top 25 O and D now.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT