ADVERTISEMENT

Question About Rupp Arena...

We will get killed and Bert will tell us about how free throws are supposed to be divvied up :)

. . . . . . . . ...

Kentucky will not kill Auburn Saturday. This UK team does not have a killer instinct, or at the least I don't think that they do. Plus, Cal is too professional to run the score up like Pearl will do.

UK got screwed, blued and tattooed at Auburn: 44-24 free throws. You can't view it any other way. SmokinSmile

edit: Last night Kentucky played Texas A&M in College Station. UK got 11 free throws. 3 free throws in the first 39 minutes of the game and 8 in the last minute as Texas A&M tried to overcome UK's 14 point lead. Doug Shows called 6 charges on Kentucky players and none on the A&M players. You can't see this crap in other conferences.

Last edited:
so @Bert Higginbotha and his geriatric friends are everywhere?
Kentucky can't afford to let the students fill up the arena as it would cost them too much money. Most of the "geriatric" folks pay thousands of dollars a year for those tickets. My daughter graduated UK in 1994 and at that time they had to also pay to attend a basketball game. It is now $10.00 per game.

Whereas Auburn is nearly all students.

Being the winningest team in the sport creates opportunities to make money.:)

Kentucky can't afford to let the students fill up the arena as it would cost them too much money. Most of the "geriatric" folks pay thousands of dollars a year for those tickets. My daughter graduated UK in 1994 and at that time they had to also pay to attend a basketball game. It is now $10.00 per game.

Whereas Auburn is nearly all students.

Being the winningest team in the sport creates opportunities to make money.:)

Yet Auburn’s athletic department generated more money than UK’s athletic department did last year. Interesting.....

Yet Auburn’s athletic department generated more money than UK’s athletic department did last year. Interesting.....
Different accounting dude. I am confident that Auburn football brings in more than Kentucky football, but Auburn basketball can't generate a small fraction of Kentucky basketball revenue. I know that and you know that.

Different accounting dude. I am confident that Auburn football brings in more than Kentucky football, but Auburn basketball can't generate a small fraction of Kentucky basketball revenue. I know that and you know that.

Overall athletic department is what we are discussing. Auburn makes more than Kentucky. Your football as average as it is make more than youe basketball program

Wear an Auburn shirt with candy strip pants and you will be treated like a king.

.....ignoring the fact that Freedom Hall used to have Livestock shows.
Yet we don’t play basketball there, and the yuts still play in a barn attached to a mall Lololol.

I love rustling you. It’s so easy.

I had a blast last i time was in Lexington. I won 2500 at Keeneland. Saw cam newton and Randall Cobb both ball out
Cam was the only one who balled out for you guys that game. We had you on a 4th and long (9?) late in the game and of course he gets it with ease

Yet we don’t play basketball there, and the yuts still play in a barn attached to a mall Lololol.

I love rustling you. It’s so easy.
Do you think UL will ever get over the butthurt and let UK play one game a season in the Yum Bucket like we did Freedom Hall. After all the C-J did a poll and there's more UK fans in Louisville than UL fans.

Reactions: JC for 3
Cam was the only one who balled out for you guys that game. We had you on a 4th and long (9?) late in the game and of course he gets it with ease

Randall Cobb was doing it all for Kentucky. The game was basically a one on one competition

Do you think UL will ever get over the butthurt and let UK play one game a season in the Yum Bucket like we did Freedom Hall. After all the C-J did a poll and there's more UK fans in Louisville than UL fans.
There’s not more fans tho that’s a farce it’s actually 70-30 in Jefferson county.

That's what I heard as well. 70% UK fans, 30% UL.
Lol naw. It’s the other way around. UL fans outweighs cats fans by a lot.
Officially, it's a much more one-sided city. In 2005, the Courier-Journal polled fans on their sports loyalties and 53.7 percent within the city counted themselves as UL fans compared to just 33 percent who identified themselves as Cats fans. And according to the two schools' alumni associations, Louisville understandably has a far greater base in Jefferson County (54,872 living alumni) than Lexington (16,112).

Reactions: UL_1986
Lol naw. It’s the other way around. UL fans outweighs cats fans by a lot.
Being fat asses chugging down 40's has nothing to do with this.

It's a proven fact, there's more UK fans in Louisville than UL fans. Hell you don't even live there. There's more UK fans that live in Louisville on this board than UL fans.

Officially, it's a much more one-sided city. In 2005, the Courier-Journal polled fans on their sports loyalties and 53.7 percent within the city counted themselves as UL fans compared to just 33 percent who identified themselves as Cats fans. And according to the two schools' alumni associations, Louisville understandably has a far greater base in Jefferson County (54,872 living alumni) than Lexington (16,112).
Here comes the nerd calling out me running with false realities for content.

I remember once @schoonerwest sent me a gift card, with it came a note. "Use this card when horny and call me."

Reactions: Oneandnotdone38
I mean I get cats fans trying to create that farce out of thin air, but it’s understandable Uk fans wanting to live in Louisville over Lex. I’d hate to live in that one horse town too. Gotta make some money somehow, might as well leach off Louisville’s economy. SmokinSmile

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Here comes the nerd calling out me running with false realities for content.
And here's the kicker, our official records show the alumni base of Louisville in Kenton County, KY to outnumber the Kentucky alumni base by a count of 57% to 43%. This shows that the highly populated areas of the state tend to have more Louisville fans than Kentucky fans.

I mean I get cats fans trying to create that farce out of thin air, but it’s understandable Uk fans wanting to live in Louisville over Lex. I’d hate to live in that one horse town too. Gotta make some money somehow, might as well leach off Louisville’s economy. SmokinSmile
Jokes on you, there's mulitple horses in Lexington, and I mooch off Memphis' economy.

The Rupp crowd on more than one occasion has giving a standing ovation to opposing players for having good games in Rupp. Think the last to get that was the Texas A&M kid who came in a dropped 41 points on us.

And here's the kicker, our official records show the alumni base of Louisville in Kenton County, KY to outnumber the Kentucky alumni base by a count of 57% to 43%. This shows that the highly populated areas of the state tend to have more Louisville fans than Kentucky fans.
I'd like to see all the UL fans in a police line up.I bet I can spot the UK fan.

That's too far isn't it. Playing off the old stereotypes of UK/UL fans and dirty birds etc.

Kentucky will not kill Auburn Saturday. This UK team does not have a killer instinct, or at the least I don't think that they do. Plus, Cal is too professional to run the score up like Pearl will do.

UK got screwed, blued and tattooed at Auburn: 44-24 free throws. You can't view it any other way. SmokinSmile

edit: Last night Kentucky played Texas A&M in College Station. UK got 11 free throws. 3 free throws in the first 39 minutes of the game and 8 in the last minute as Texas A&M tried to overcome UK's 14 point lead. Doug Shows called 6 charges on Kentucky players and none on the A&M players. You can't see this crap in other conferences.

Doug Shows is the absolute worst. Can’t stand that guy!!

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Kentucky is blue and it isn't even close.

https://wfpl.org/curious-louisville-whats-ratio-u-l-uk-fans-louisville/

But statewide, the Wildcats still hold a large lead. A Public Policy Survey last year found 66 percent of Kentuckians considered themselves UK fans. Nineteen percent called themselves Louisville fans.

That difference might help explain the proliferation of blue shirts at the Yum Center. But then there’s also the unofficial UK slogan:

“The saying is ‘Blue gets in.’ They find their way in,” said Tom Leach, the radio voice of the Wildcats, describing UK fans’ ability to invade opposing arenas beyond their allotment of tickets.

I've lived in Louisville my whole life. There are more Louisville fans here but its close. 60 to 40 at best for Louisville.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
There's definitely more U of L shirts the closer you get to downtown. The smell and homeless attract them ;)
Isn't it true if you admit to being UL fan, you get so much off on gas at places?

I don't recall, but what is it with UL and gas pumps?

Nvm found it. UL asks for money at gas pumps.

CKZYvQAVEAAukF5.jpg

Reactions: Random UK Fan

I live in Kenton County and I know @Kevin Bryan used to but I rarely see UL stuff here. See a ton of UK stuff though.
That last line is some rough reporting too. Hopefully whoever wrote that no longer writes for a living.

ADVERTISEMENT