ADVERTISEMENT

Question About Rupp Arena...

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
For anyone that has attended a game there as an opposing fan? How were you treated? Thinking about making my first visit there this weekend.

For anyone that has attended a game there as an opposing fan? How were you treated? Thinking about making my first visit there this weekend.
UNC's Danny Nowell penned a great piece where he was stared down by "a little UK shit (10-year old)"during the game, but later taken out for dinner, invited over to someone's house for drinks, was convinced RA had the most welcoming atmosphere of anywhere.

Reactions: AuHoosier420
We will get killed and Bert will tell us about how free throws are supposed to be divvied up :)

In all seriousness, have been there a few times and it’s a beautiful scene. Much better than going to bryant denny in November...

Are you taking a small child or an old person to even ask such a question? Otherwise don't be so soft, it will be fine.

Reactions: I am stupid
You’ll never get more shit than being a traditionally great team and play in an opposing arena where their school is having an uncharacteristic run of success. Going to a place that enjoys regular success you rarely receive unwanted attention unless you ask for it.

You’ll never get more shit than being a traditionally great team and play in an opposing arena where their school is having an uncharacteristic run of success. Going to a place that enjoys regular success you rarely receive unwanted attention unless you ask for it.

nah. I can name one place with tons of success that defies this. A football game in Tuscaloosa brings plenty of unwanted attention not asked for at all

No doubt, UK fans love basketball fans.Dont' matter who you root for.

Most of everyone I've ever met, just love talking the sport. .....Unless you're a jackass.

Great place to go....

Just don't sit up in the upper level----Thats where the moonshiners are.Laughing

Reactions: I am stupid
nah. I can name one place with tons of success that defies this. A football game in Tuscaloosa brings plenty of unwanted attention not asked for at all

Rivalry games don't count

i understand. The reason I brought them up was because rightfully or Wrongly UK basketball fans get likened to bama football fans often within the SEC which is why I asked.

UK b-ball fans >>>> bammers all day.

bama fans actually act like UK fans when it comes to basketball for some reason. Maybe it’s the CM Newton connection....

He got a watch.Yeah, Rupp got a Cadillac but still, it was a nice watch.

Oh yeah, I know and loathe that story well :)

In reality, it was Texas AM who screwed up the most but we can never count on that school doing anything right and winning anything :)

At least y’all already had a proven legend and a dynasty going. AM just had dudes dancing on the sidelines and still do...

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Anyhow @AuHoosier420 Don't act like an attention whoring pompus asshole in real life, you'll probably have an amazing time. Be open to suggestions, you never know where they'll take you.

If drugs comes up, then run. Kidding not kidding, but talk to ppl there. Open up and talk to them.

Reactions: olsonab
O'fer Never lived there. banged a chick from Jacksonville. (one of my all time favorites), Tampa/St Pete. Decent. only a 3-4 girls. All boring and none memborible.

My Florida in a nut...shell.

Awe shit, that ain’t Florida!

Anything south of Gainesville is New Jersey south!

Be respectful and they'll be respectful back. ... I also found that if there is a jack azz, the other fans in the area will make up for it by being nice. No one wants an opposing fan to have a horrible experience because its supposed to be a fun game... not a deadly war.. Yeah we want the opposing fans to walk away a little bummed by a loss but thats it....

Reactions: Random UK Fan
ADVERTISEMENT