ADVERTISEMENT

Post exhibition box scores here

UNC beat JCSU 101-40. I don't know how much you can take from this but it seems like we will have some quality depth. Styles and Dunn looked good and the freshman (Trimble and Nickel) looked good too. Grad transfer Pete Nance looks like a solid pick up and it looks like he compliments Bacot well.

• Wow
Reactions: della
FgRUAq1XEAM4lE9

Houston beat Duke today, 61-50. We were without our two most talented players in Lively and Whitehead. And Christian Reeves, for whatever reason, didn't play. I'm sure Houston still would have the edge, though.

A defensive struggle. Love Proctor, but I do think he's a very finesse player. Not surprised that he struggled against a physical team like Houston.

Kentucky game is still a bit of a game. Up 10 with about ten left. Good to be watching college basketball again.

Wheeler just got hurt though. Hate to see that.

Here’s one of the responses on RR; they’re lapping it up over there. No pity for KP even. I love this rivalry.

giphy.gif

It's only exhibition but losing to a D-II school that nobody has ever heard of by double digits is kind of hilarious. I do remember a dozen or so years ago when Syracuse lost to Le Moyne. Then they ended up going 30-5 on the season and lost in the Sweet 16. I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen for the Fightin' Kenny Paynes this year though.
200.gif

bs_ex.JPG

The good,
- we won lol
- Frederick 4-6 from the 3. He also plays very hard on defense.
- Onyensou 5 blocks in 15 min. A monster on defense.
- Thiero continues to be very efficient. Good decision maker.
- This team can be elite on defense.

The Bad
- 10 assists
- Collins 4 fouls in 13 min.
- Livingston did not get enough touches.
- Our pg forgot what he's really good at. 2-7 shooting, 1 assist, 2 to's. 22 min
- Inside game virtually non-existent without Oscar.
- The offense is struggling as they always do early with Cal's teams

Purdue beat Cincinnati 77--64. Was up 21 in the 2nd half. 5 guys in double figures. Edey was subpar (9 and 10) but our 3P shooting was good (8-20) and we were led by a redshirt freshman that was hurt last year (top 50 guy) in Trey Kaufmann-Renn.

Remember the name. Dude's gonna be good and wll carry us to a Sweet Sixteen upset at the hands of Niagara or some other piece of shit school playing about their station.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Achilles' Son
UK scores 57 (with out oscar) against a D2 team. Is this a concern?
Also missed Wheeler for a big part, but no more of a thought if we beat them by 60.

Defense is always key early on. Offense is a 2nd thought right now. Always has been under Calipari. Even going back to his time here in Memphis.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Also missed Wheeler for a big part, but no more of a thought if we beat them by 60.

Defense is always key early on. Offense is a 2nd thought right now. Always has been under Calipari. Even going back to his time here in Memphis.

Not saying it's going to be a problem, but usually even mediocre offenses drop 80+ on teams like that.

UK scores 57 (with out oscar) against a D2 team. Is this a concern?
No. Game was played at a snail's pace, mostly due to Missouri Western burning up shot clock. Plus UK only shot 40% and they weren't getting offensive boards without Oscar in there to clean up the glass. They averaged 107 ppg in 4 games in the Bahamas against better competition.

Happened a few days ago but MSU lost a close game (single digits) at Tennessee without Jaden Akins.

Any word on Sahvir Wheeler?

It's only exhibition but losing to a D-II school that nobody has ever heard of by double digits is kind of hilarious. I do remember a dozen or so years ago when Syracuse lost to Le Moyne. Then they ended up going 30-5 on the season and lost in the Sweet 16. I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen for the Fightin' Kenny Paynes this year though.
200.gif
Yeah, I thought Missouri Western State was a made up team till I looked them up. 😆

MSU will be a top 25 team

Will this be the lineup?

PG Walker
CG Hoggard
SG Akins
F Hall
F Houser
Close, Hoggard is the main PG but he and Walker will definitely play together a lot (and likely start the season as the primary guards with Akins limited). Initial starting lineup should be:

PG: Hoggard
SG: Walker
SF: Hall
PF: Hauser
C: Sissoko

That should change a bit when Akins is full go and he may bump Walker or Hall to 6th man depending on matchups. They really need Sissoko to be much improved or they will struggle a lot early with a brutal noncon.

As usual UK is being undervalued to start the season.

We handled that team coast to coast.

If fans think Toppin had a great game against them (looking at you KU), you'll be amazed by this years version.

As usual UK is being undervalued to start the season.

We handled that team coast to coast.

If fans think Toppin had a great game against them (looking at you KU), you'll be amazed by this years version.
So they start slow every year but they're also always undervalued to start the year? Aren't they preseason top 4 this year and most years?

• Haha
Arkansas lost by 30 to Texas, but it was an exhibition, so absolutely no cause for concern….

• Haha
Arkansas won't be a top 3 seed. Massively overrated. Their top 3 players are freshmen. 2 of which aren't top 15 in HS. And mid majors transfers. 11 new players and no winning proven vet. WTH are the experts thinking

Arkansas won't be a top 3 seed. Massively overrated. Their top 3 players are freshmen. 2 of which aren't top 15 in HS. And mid majors transfers. 11 new players and no winning proven vet. WTH are the experts thinking
I wouldn’t necessarily say that they are massively overrated in a sport that is often dominated by young teams, but they are definitely an unknown. I assume they will be much more talented than most teams they play, so rating them high is based on potential. Musselman seems to be very good at getting teams to gel at the right time so we’ll see.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT