ADVERTISEMENT

Post exhibition box scores here

Yeah, I thought Missouri Western State was a made up team till I looked them up. 😆
Pretty random, right? 😂 Cal was throwing them a bone. Their head coach was a basketball manager for Cal/UK as an undergrad and Jon Hood, a former UK player, is an assistant.

Reactions: della
Pretty random, right? 😂 Cal was throwing them a bone. Their head coach was a basketball manager for Cal/UK as an undergrad and Jon Hood, a former UK player, is an assistant.
I'm actually all for playing peewee teams (CFB & CBB). It helps their programs financially and those kids get to say they played UK or UT. It is funny that UK fans throw shade on UT playing Zaga and it not being a big deal in light of them playing MWS. However, you always seem to get my sense of humor and laugh the joke off and I like that.

I didn't mention it in the Kevin appreciation thread, but I do appreciate that. 🙂

I wouldn’t necessarily say that they are massively overrated in a sport that is often dominated by young teams, but they are definitely an unknown. I assume they will be much more talented than most teams they play, so rating them high is based on potential. Musselman seems to be very good at getting teams to gel at the right time so we’ll see.
And Musselman has accomplished what again?

It is funny that UK fans throw shade on UT playing Zaga
Were there people throwing shade for that? What?! That is insane. Gonzaga is probably the strongest team anyone could schedule for an exhibition because their offensive prowess (most years) is going to tell you exactly where you are as a team, especially on defense.

Reactions: della
I have never heard of a team manager being a head coach. Wild
He has made the rounds since he left UK (he was there early in Cal's tenure). Grad assistant/video coordinator at Tulsa, director of basketball operations at San Francisco, assistant coach and director of athletic admissions at Martin Methodist (NAIA), then 2 years as an assistant at Missouri Western before becoming the head coach.

Were there people throwing shade for that? What?! That is insane. Gonzaga is probably the strongest team anyone could schedule for an exhibition because their offensive prowess (most years) is going to tell you exactly where you are as a team, especially on defense.
Probably rupp rafters. Not a lot of bright lights there

Probably rupp rafters. Not a lot of bright lights there
giphy.gif

How about down playing it. We were the much stronger team and Timme would have fouled out with 15 minutes to go, but they didn't make you sit if you fouled out. Tennessee should be a much stronger and deeper team this year. I was shocked how much the new players contributed . Vescovi was the worse player on our team in that game. Plasvish (sp) was 6-6 from the field. 😆

• Wow
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
How about down playing it. We were the much stronger team and Timme would have fouled out with 15 minutes to go, but they didn't make you sit if you fouled out. Tennessee should be a much stronger and deeper team this year. I was shocked how much the new players contributed . Vescovi was the worse player on our team in that game. Plasvish (sp) was 6-6 from the field. 😆
Timme is a hack for sure because he struggles to defend more athletic players.

Timme is a hack for sure because he struggles to defend more athletic players.
He has some nice offensive moves for a Big though. They have got some talent on that team. They will get better as the season progresses.

He has some nice offensive moves for a Big though. They have got some talent on that team. They will get better as the season progresses.
Oh he's smooth on offense no doubt. One of the best offensive players in the nation.

Oh he's smooth on offense no doubt. One of the best offensive players in the nation.
If y'all have not reloaded in a big way we will sweep you. I was stunned on how good we were so early and all the new pieces. Just sayin.

• Angry
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I'm actually all for playing peewee teams (CFB & CBB). It helps their programs financially and those kids get to say they played UK or UT. It is funny that UK fans throw shade on UT playing Zaga and it not being a big deal in light of them playing MWS. However, you always seem to get my sense of humor and laugh the joke off and I like that.

I didn't mention it in the Kevin appreciation thread, but I do appreciate that. 🙂
I guess they will have to throw shade on UK. Cal mentioned that this needs to be brought to the administration. He usually throws someone in his lineage a bone. But he did say playing the games for charity does take away from other sports as they get some of the money each game.

I'm personally all for it.

I guess they will have to throw shade on UK. Cal mentioned that this needs to be brought to the administration. He usually throws someone in his lineage a bone. But he did say playing the games for charity does take away from other sports as they get some of the money each game.

I'm personally all for it.
Before the game started UT/Zag, Few was saying how Barnes, Cal and he were all for this sort of thing.

Reactions: BasketBallJunkie-UK
Someone explain arkansas as a top 10 team.

#2 Ranked prospect Nick Smith (I get this one)
#20 ranked rivals prospect Anthony Black
#25 Ranked Prospect rivals Jordan Walsh

6'10 C/F Trevon Brazile 6'10 6.6 PPG 5.1 RPG Missouri
6'6 G Ricky Counsil 12.5 PPG at wichita state
6'4 G Davonte Davis 8.5 PPG Arkansas
6'9 F Jalen Graham 9.9 PPG 4.6 RPG at Arizona State
6'7 SF Kamani Johnson 2.1 PPG at Arkansas
6'10 PF Makhel Mitchell 10.7 PPG 5.6 RPG at Rhode Island
6'9 PF Makhi Mitchell 9.9 ppg 7.3 RPG at Rhode Island

Their 3 best players are supposed to be the freshmen. Of those 3 , 2 of them are outside the top 19 per rivals. Then you have 4 guys around 10 ppg from programs like wichita state, missouri, arizona state and rhode island

wtf

Someone explain arkansas as a top 10 team.

#2 Ranked prospect Nick Smith (I get this one)
#20 ranked rivals prospect Anthony Black
#25 Ranked Prospect rivals Jordan Walsh

6'10 C/F Trevon Brazile 6'10 6.6 PPG 5.1 RPG Missouri
6'6 G Ricky Counsil 12.5 PPG at wichita state
6'4 G Davonte Davis 8.5 PPG Arkansas
6'9 F Jalen Graham 9.9 PPG 4.6 RPG at Arizona State
6'7 SF Kamani Johnson 2.1 PPG at Arkansas
6'10 PF Makhel Mitchell 10.7 PPG 5.6 RPG at Rhode Island
6'9 PF Makhi Mitchell 9.9 ppg 7.3 RPG at Rhode Island

Their 3 best players are supposed to be the freshmen. Of those 3 , 2 of them are outside the top 19 per rivals. Then you have 4 guys around 10 ppg from programs like wichita state, missouri, arizona state and rhode island

wtf
I think most are basing it on this team being very similar to musselman’s first team of 3 talented freshmen and some transfers that made the elite 8. These freshman are ranked much higher though. We’ll see.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think most are basing it on this team being very similar to musselman’s first team of 3 talented freshmen and some transfers that made the elite 8. These freshman are ranked much higher though. We’ll see.
From my tristate area, there's a buzz about Arkansas basketball. This doesn't happen often. Usually getting folks around here to talk about basketball is harder than track.

Reactions: fleckabelly
Lol John boiler about to cream his skirt. Relax little fella. Dude has been clowned so hard on this board he can’t even post, he just reacts 😂😂😂.

I will be at the YUM Center in January with my Son for the Carolina game!😀😎
Nice man! Always good catching a game at the Yum, it’s an awesome arena. Y’all are gonna smoke us this year.

Nice man! Always good catching a game at the Yum, it’s an awesome arena. Y’all are gonna smoke us this year.
My first time there, I hear it is the best viewing basketball area there is. Looking forward to taking it all in.
Christmas present for my son. He missed out on free Carolina vs Ville ticket back when Marcus Paige and Montrez went at it a while back. I OWE him.

Reactions: UL_1986
My first time there, I hear it is the best viewing basketball area there is. Looking forward to taking it all in.
Christmas present for my son. He missed out on free Carolina vs Ville ticket back when Marcus Paige and Montrez went at it a while back. I OWE him.
Good call going to the chicken bucket this season, before it gets foreclosed on. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Have fun man!

Louisville won’t win 10 games this year. I hope KP is holding back on his coaching until the regular season starts, right now we look awful on both ends.

Reactions: UL_1986
Exhibitions are 95% meaningless....But man JHS is ****ing smooth. So is Renau. Seemingly IU has some shooters.

I'll be at home/season opener next Monday vs Morehead State

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT