ADVERTISEMENT

Portal thread?

No, they’re out fundraising NIL money after spending half the budget on Shannon’s legal defense fund.
That's the rapist, right? I wonder how many notches he has in his belt?

*taking a lap. **fwiw, I actually take laps. Live next to a track and always need a jog. Going now.

Last edited:
****ing hell what is happening? Went from being the only program in the country without a transfer last year to having no program left this year.

I hated OAD… this transfer/NIL crap might end all personal connection to college basketball.

Reactions: I am stupid
The KC area’s full of passionate basketball fans. K-State has one of the best fanbases in the Big 12 and Missouri is probably among the best in the SEC.
Mizzou is assembling a decent portal roster. SEC still got screwed on that deal. Should’ve made the Big 12 take Vandy. 🤪

Reactions: KisteK
All within a year.

GLeMCsnWMAAQ37X

Wonder if he's at least picking up a 6-figure paycheck before leaving town.

Looks like he's downgrading programs each time. Maybe he goes to Fresno State next.

I think they'll have enough minutes for those guys. Pretty sure they're planning to move Storr to the 4 at times and drop KJ's minutes. Mayo will probably take some of Harris's minutes.

The one I'm unsure about is Elmarko Jackson. Not sure where he expects to get minutes. Won't be surprised if he transfers.

You guys have won the portal so far. Huge pickups. KU should be much tougher next season with a reliable bench.

Wonder why the redshirt.

I want to say he played most of the season injured. He played during the games, but almost never practiced. Probably wants to give his body some time to recover.

GIVE ME TJ POWER!!!!

Ugh. Was hoping to see him develop.

I didn't realize Duke is having an exodus of players like they are.

Power joins Duke players Jeremy Roach, Jaylen Blakes, Mark Mitchell, Jaden Schutt and Christian Reeves in the portal.

Cooper Flagg must have cost a lot of money.... and apparently nobody wants to sit on the bench.

Mitchell's family thought he was being mismanaged to some extent. Roach was happy with Duke, just looking for a possible new opportunity. Many weren't expecting him back this season... so almost nobody expected him back for 2025.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Looks like he's downgrading programs each time. Maybe he goes to Fresno State next.

You guys have won the portal so far. Huge pickups. KU should be much tougher next season with a reliable bench.

Insiders are saying that Kugel might decommit now. That would suck, but if they land Griffen as expected, I'll take that trade. Hard to build a truly deep team in the free agency era.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I want to say he played most of the season injured. He played during the games, but almost never practiced. Probably wants to give his body some time to recover.

Ugh. Was hoping to see him develop.

Cooper Flagg must have cost a lot of money.... and apparently nobody wants to sit on the bench.

Mitchell's family thought he was being mismanaged to some extent. Roach was happy with Duke, just looking for a possible new opportunity. Many weren't expecting him back this season... so almost nobody expected him back for 2025.

Where do you think Duke ranks nationally in terms of NIL?

didn't they win the portal last year as well? How'd that work out for them?

didn't they win the portal last year as well? How'd that work out for them?

Not exactly. They got Dickinson and a low major sniper who turned out to be terrible at this level.

But considering their NIL is as good as any in the country, and the infractions case is behind them, I don't think we're going to see many poorly-constructed/cobbled together rosters like the last few years.

Where do you think Duke ranks nationally in terms of NIL?

If not #1, easily in the top 5.

7 of our guys were ranked in the top 25 of their respective classes. 4 Freshmen + Filipowksi/Mitchell/Roach. And Proctor was worth a pretty penny, too. If Flip wasn't the highest paid this past season, probably only Hunter Dickinson and Zach Edey were ahead of him.

Cooper Flagg, IMO, will be the highest paid player in CBB next season. I think guys like Christian Reeves, Jaylen Blakes, and Jaden Schutt only stayed as long as they did because their pay was a decent 6-figures. I believe we were the first school to hire a GM. I'd guess our budget is close to 10 Mil.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
If not #1, easily in the top 5.

7 of our guys were ranked in the top 25 of their respective classes. 4 Freshmen + Filipowksi/Mitchell/Roach. And Proctor was worth a pretty penny, too. If Flip wasn't the highest paid this past season, probably only Hunter Dickinson and Zach Edey were ahead of him.

Cooper Flagg, IMO, will be the highest paid player in CBB next season. I think guys like Christian Reeves, Jaylen Blakes, and Jaden Schutt only stayed as long as they did because their pay was a decent 6-figures. I believe we were the first school to hire a GM. I'd guess our budget is close to 10 Mil.

10 mil??

At the recent KU awards banquet, it was allegedly said that their NIL budget is at or near the top, but I don't think it's close to 10 mil.

Mark Mitchell to Missouri is interesting wtf

UVA loses by 15 to team of Duke portal exits lol

I’m having a really hard time keeping up with everyone’s roster. Duke does seem to be taking one of the bigger beatings with transfers out so far.

Schutt, Power and now Stewart, the latter 2 were 5 star recruits and Schutt I think was a high 4 star who came in as a great shooter. I'm anxious to see the preseason rankings once the portal closes.

Nuts they didn't lose a single player last year, I guess the GM ran out of that money.

• Another Nike executive, Rachel Baker, allegedly said she was worried about carrying cash through an airport.

10 mil??

At the recent KU awards banquet, it was allegedly said that their NIL budget is at or near the top, but I don't think it's close to 10 mil.

I honestly don't know. What I do know is, we get just about every player we aggressively pursue.

The last first round pick in the 2023 NBA draft is making more than 2 mil. Filipowski would have gone in the 1st Round, so I figure he was offered at least 2.5 M.

Here are some estimates:

Flip- 2.5 M
Proctor- 1 M
McCain- 1 M
Roach- 800k
Mitchell- 800k
Foster- 500k
Stewart- 500k
Power- 500k
Young- 300k
Blakes- 200k
Schutt- 200k
Reaves- 200k

Total: 8.5 Mil

I might be off by 10-20%. Just know that securing 7 top 25 kids is costly... Really think Cooper Flagg will be the highest paid in all of CBB next season.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT