ADVERTISEMENT

Police-Beating Video Season Warming Up

Man, I guess I was that young when I started on here. Most 14 year olds are trying to get poon for the first time, I started posting on a college basketball board
It’s all good. During Oklahoma State’s run to the Final Four in 1995 I was 15 years old. After they beat Umass in the Elite 8 I had my mom drive me to the video game store so that I could rent Coach K’s CBB (something like that) on Sega Genesis.

Haha. What did you say?

Nik Stauskas was an incoming freshman and my first post ever was creating a thread with a video of him shooting 3pters in his back yard.

Got banned.

Emailed LST asking him why I got banned and he said he must have banned the wrong person.

Reactions: JimboBBN
If you love sports, you love sports. Totally understand haha

My thing was it was hard to be a Jaguars fan in Michigan. No games, no news, no banter. That forum was a good connection to the fanbase. The Jaguars played in Green Bay in 2004. I met some people through the forum at their tailgate and was introduced to Jack Del Rio's parents (he was the Jaguars coach at the time and his parents tailgaited with this crew). Was fun!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
My thing was it was hard to be a Jaguars fan in Michigan. No games, no news, no banter. That forum was a good connection to the fanbase. The Jaguars played in Green Bay in 2004. I met some people through the forum at their tailgate and was introduced to Jack Del Rio's parents (he was the Jaguars coach at the time and his parents tailgaited with this crew). Was fun!
I can actually relate pretty well. Hardly any Panthers fans in Kentucky, so I started posting on The Carolina Huddle when I was young too. That’s cool you met JDRs parents

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Nik Stauskas was an incoming freshman and my first post ever was creating a thread with a video of him shooting 3pters in his back yard.

Got banned.

Emailed LST asking him why I got banned and he said he must have banned the wrong person.

Actually the season was already a month in so I think the actual title thread as "Is Nik Stauskas the best 3pt shooter in the country?"

I can actually relate pretty well. Hardly any Panthers fans in Kentucky, so I started posting on The Carolina Huddle when I was young too. That’s cool you met JDRs parents

Do you still post there? I dont as much but mostly because I pissed off all the SEC fans with Michigan talk.

When I moved down here, I didn't know any one so I found this board to talk basketball. It sucks watching games alone.

Headline is a bit misleading. He's been an officer with other departments since 2011. Those roles might have been lighter duty than his current role (was a university cop) but he's experienced enough to know you don't shoot a person who's running away and not brandishing any kind of weapon/object. The car matched the description of a car involved in a drive-by shooting and I believe they did recover two guns (I'm not sure if legally or illegally owned), so extreme caution was warranted and having his firearm ready was warranted. But those factors don't mean you get to shoot somebody who is running away.

Anybody who chimes in with something like, "Well, you shouldn't run from the cops because you might get shot" is missing the point entirely.

Headline is a bit misleading. He's been an officer with other departments since 2011. Those roles might have been lighter duty than his current role (was a university cop) but he's experienced enough to know you don't shoot a person who's running away and not brandishing any kind of weapon/object. The car matched the description of a car involved in a drive-by shooting and I believe they did recover two guns (I'm not sure if legally or illegally owned), so extreme caution was warranted and having his firearm ready was warranted. But those factors don't mean you get to shoot somebody who is running away.

Anybody who chimes in with something like, "Well, you shouldn't run from the cops because you might get shot" is missing the point entirely.

Is it confirmed that these were the guns used in the drive by shooting and/or the victim did the drive by shooting?

Is it confirmed that these were the guns used in the drive by shooting and/or the victim did the drive by shooting?

Not that I'm aware of. Last I knew, the driver was released and the other guy who ran away was unknown and on the loose.

I agree that you shouldn't shoot someone running away, but I believe the shooting will be justified by the books.

If you suspect a person has committed a crime as serious as a drive by shooting you are allowed to stop them using whatever force available. Not saying it's right, but not illegal. Could be wrong though.

I agree that you shouldn't shoot someone running away, but I believe the shooting will be justified by the books.

If you suspect a person has committed a crime as serious as a drive by shooting you are allowed to stop them using whatever force available. Not saying it's right, but not illegal. Could be wrong though.

Based on the law cited in the linked article, I think you're right. The intent of the law(s) is to stop somebody who would be a threat to others if he were to get away. The intent of the law is good but, if it's written the way the article describes it, it's incredibly short-cited and overly broad. It reads as a law intended to help officers get away with murder/manslaughter.

The car was the same model and color as a car witnesses say was used in a drive-by. Fine, pull them over. But to say that is enough evidence to permit the officer to kill somebody is kind of crazy. With the facts available right now, it appears that the only evidence the officer had available to him before the shooting is the model and color of the car. Hardly damning evidence of a felony, since Chevy Cruze's are pretty common cars, but it might be enough to get this officer off the hook. I think that's pretty gross because, based on the video released, this seems like pretty clear cut manslaughter.

Reactions: I am stupid
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT