ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

@lurkeraspect84 I love my Hyundai but they are being stolen like shelf candy in Milwaukee so I need to upgrade. All I’ve gotta say is lolllll at “market pricing” and dealers now getting $1,500 over MSRP.

They are giving it hard and dry.

Makes me so happy I bought just as the pandemic hit. The Tucson I bought in April 2020 for $20,000 blue books for $28,000 now 2 years older with 20,000 miles on it 😂

Bought my 2018 Rav4 for $16k in August. Could trade it in now for $23k

I wish I could get a new car for just $1.5k over msrp. Everything here is $3k+ over.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'm seriously thinking about the 2023 Toyota seqouia coming out in the summer. The TRD Pro looks pretty rad----very similar to the old school land cruisers.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'm seriously thinking about the 2023 Toyota seqouia coming out in the summer. The TRD Pro looks pretty rad----very similar to the old school land cruisers.
It's outstanding. It's a vehicle you can use the rest of your life. Pay your salesmen and you won't regret it.

shut-up-and-take-my-money-futurama.gif

I bet they sell out of them.

Reactions: toonces11
@lurkeraspect84 I love my Hyundai but they are being stolen like shelf candy in Milwaukee so I need to upgrade. All I’ve gotta say is lolllll at “market pricing” and dealers now getting $1,500 over MSRP.

They are giving it hard and dry.

Makes me so happy I bought just as the pandemic hit. The Tucson I bought in April 2020 for $20,000 blue books for $28,000 now 2 years older with 20,000 miles on it 😂
I get what you're saying, but lurk will agree, until you actually get paid, it's just a number. Point is, go to a dealership of any kind and ask them what they'll write a check for...It won't be that amount.

I get what you're saying, but lurk will agree, until you actually get paid, it's just a number. Point is, go to a dealership of any kind and ask them what they'll write a check for...It won't be that amount.

They ran my stuff today and each gave me a quote. One a little higher than Carmax one a little lower. We don’t need a new car so I have no problem walking. And I don’t think they’ll care because they are selling so easy. But I’ll be up front about it.

KBB instant cash offers are what the number is (3 friends used it the last month). They don’t get negotiated down.

KBB instant cash offers are what the number is (3 friends used it the last month). They don’t get negotiated down.
This isn't rocket surgery. If they give you a number you like, simply ask them to write you a check for that amount. I can assure you they won't. They will for trade value, but they absolutely will not give you cash, check or whatever you'll fall for.

This isn't rocket surgery. If they give you a number you like, simply ask them to write you a check for that amount. I can assure you they won't. They will for trade value, but they absolutely will not give you cash, check or whatever you'll fall for.

If we already have an agreed upon price prior to bringing up the trade, what difference does it make if I get $10,000 off it or $10,000 in a check?

And if they don’t honor it in person I go to carmax instead where they do cut checks. Then they run the risk of me taking that $10,000 somewhere else.

I’m not leverage-less

Reactions: brooky03

Like I said, I’ve had 3 friends sell their cars via KBB cash offer the last month. The number they were offered is what they got. There was no negotiation, no trade in.

ADVERTISEMENT