ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Washington Status

Truth is no one knows. I think he will try to play tonight, but he won’t start. He will at best play 15-25 mins. It all depends on how he feels. I think Seth is guessing like the rest of us and won’t know anything till game time tonight. Pj did participate somewhat in practice so there is definitely a chance he plays some tonight

If he chooses not to play after Cal said the doctor told PJ he couldn't injure himself further and that it was just a matter of playing through the pain, the stupid portion of our fan base will lose their GD minds. Guaranteed.

Seth doesn't have a clue. Im not saying that hes wrong, Im saying no one knows if hes going tonight besides PJ, the staff, and honestly maybe the team maybe not. Cal plays this stuff closer to the vest than Belichick. So I dont believe Seth has talked to PJ, and therefore, dont believe his tweet is anything more than so and so said so and so said...

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Muted Davis and Rothstein last year. Best decision I’ve ever made, two of the biggest putzes around CBB.

Davis is guessing, like everyone else. If he’s wrong, it’s just another day in the life of Seth Davis.

Reactions: kl40504
I would just about bet the P.J. will not play tonight.

It does not matter. As long as Coach K can win.

55840567_2681369805212702_6885920391919828992_n.jpg

Muted Davis and Rothstein last year. Best decision I’ve ever made, two of the biggest putzes around CBB.

Davis is guessing, like everyone else. If he’s wrong, it’s just another day in the life of Seth Davis.

To be fair it's just as easy to say he's guessing.

He and Tucker have The Athletic connection, so I would say he's not guessing. I would assume Tucker is his main source. Whether you believe Tucker or not, idk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank_
I will give him the benefit of the doubt. After the PJ video and Cal tweeting, everyone on the planet assumed he would be playing. And I don't think he wants him out as I'm pretty sure he picked Uk to win. With that being said, who knows.

True, but if he had inside sources, he wouldn’t have swung from polar opposites of the spectrum to the middle, all in less than a week.

His prediction of how much PJ will play is as good as mine or yours.

He and Tucker have The Athletic connection, so I would say he's not guessing. I would assume Tucker is his main source. Whether you believe Tucker or not, idk.

Kyle is probably the most in tuned insider for UK basketball.
Seth is probably getting his info from him. So /shrug. If it's a pain thing and he doesn't play Cal is setting up the crazies to absolutely go nuts.

Kyle doesn't know either. No one in the media is going to know until we all know at the same time when Cal does his pregame with Tom Leach about 10 minutes before the game.

Anyone who wants to know early can tune into 630 WLAP on iHeart and find out the same time as everyone else outside the inner team circle.

True, but if he had inside sources, he wouldn’t have swung from polar opposites of the spectrum to the middle, all in less than a week.

His prediction of how much PJ will play is as good as mine or yours.

Agreed, unless it's Kyle. But, I will say that everyone's tune about PJ has changed every day this week with the help of Cal/PJ's posts

Reactions: Hank_
Cal ran Seth off after 2014 season, it's been well documented. He is guessing ,as that too has been documented, see above Lol

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Its up to PJ to play. Cal never makes those decisions. The dr released him but told him after the game he will experience pain. And my guess there will be nominal swelling. The dr also said he wouldn't damage his foot any more by playing.

Cal stated that if he does play, it'll be 15-18 min. I think he plays.
I think he'll still be effective. 10 days off won't affect his conditioning that much.

Agreed, unless it's Kyle. But, I will say that everyone's tune about PJ has changed every day this week with the help of Cal/PJ's posts

Kyle is a good beat writer and has access to the players.

Cal runs a crazy tight ship when it comes to media, so even if he had any insider info -and I doubt he does - he wouldn’t dare leak it for fear that he would lose any and all access that he makes a living off of.

Yesterday, Goodman asked if PJ was going to practice - practice was like 10 min after media availability. Cal deadass looked him in the face and said “I dunno, haven’t talked to him about it.”

I’m doubtful but if he plays even limited minutes that’s a good sign.

Truth is no one knows. I think he will try to play tonight, but he won’t start. He will at best play 15-25 mins. It all depends on how he feels. I think Seth is guessing like the rest of us and won’t know anything till game time tonight. Pj did participate somewhat in practice so there is definitely a chance he plays some tonight
25 minutes is limited?

Arghh Kentucky ruining my bracket :p- thought with PJ out last weekend they would be upset.

What a lie. I lied big time. It is UK's 34th Elite Eight, not 30.

UK 34
UNC 26
KU 22
Duke 22
UCLA 20
Come on Bert, you know a good chunk of those E8's occurred 70 years ago when it was so much easier and nobody else cared about basketball.

if I understand the narrative correctly, the other schools on that list obviously didn't have the same opportunities as UK. I think, I'm not sure.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT