ACC - Call me crazy - UNC
Atlantic- Richmond, I think Dayton gets clipped before the big dance
American - Wichita State
Big 12 - KU
Big East - Seton Hall
B1G - Michigan State over
Pac 12 - Ducks
SEC - Auburn

Well, I’m feeling pretty good about Azubuike’s health, but I’m a little worried about Garrett moving forward. Plus, Dotson may have tweaked his ankle last night.

American - Wichita State
Big 12 - KU
Big East - Seton Hall
Pac 12 - Ducks
SEC - Auburn

Crazy. You think a thin, injury plagued team is gonna win 5 games in 5 days? Good luck.

I doubt it will be Kansas/Baylor in the Championship game.
Big 12 tourney is always a toss up. Its a hero ball haven for the underdogs. It just sucks not winning it b/c it feels like a momentum crusher going into the tourney---Even as a #1. Kinda lets doubt creep in. Winning it is a huge bonus though---esp as a fan. Its crazy to think that we could still have ten more games to play this season if we somehow run the table.

Big 12 tourney is always a toss up. Its a hero ball haven for the underdogs. It just sucks not winning it b/c it feels like a momentum crusher going into the tourney---Even as a #1. Kinda lets doubt creep in. Winning it is a huge bonus though---esp as a fan. Its crazy to think that we could still have ten more games to play this season if we somehow run the table.
Matters the team and coach.
Tech used it as a way to get their team motivated by losing last year.

Just matters where you are at.

I have seen it with Baylor already. They could easily lose to a highly motivated team.

I am thinking the winner comes from the Texas, Tech, OU and WVU group.

American - Wichita State
Big 12 - KU
Big East - Seton Hall
Pac 12 - Ducks
SEC - Auburn
I'll just do the P5

ACC - Duke
Big 12 - Kansas
Big 10 - Michigan State
SEC - Kentucky
Pac - Arizona

Reactions: bignish
B1G-OHIO STATE
Big 12-KANSAS
Big East-VILLANOVA
Pac 12-COLORADO
ACC-FSU
SEC-UK
AAC-WICHITA STATE
WCC-GONZAGA
A10-DAYTON
MWC-SAN DIEGO STATE
MVC-LOYOLA CHICAGO
MAC-AKRON
CUSA-LA TECH
SUNBELT-TEXAS STATE
SOUTHERN-UNC GREENSBORO
IVY-YALE
BIG SKY-NORTHERN COLORADO
CAA-TOWSON
SUMMIT-NDSU
BIG WEST-UC IRVINE
MAAC-MONMOUTH
WAC-NEW MEXICO STATE
PATRIOT-BOSTON U
HORIZON-NORTHERN KENTUCKY
AMER EAST-VERMONT
ATL SUN-LIBERTY
NORTHEAST-SACRED HEART
SOUTHLAND-STEPHEN F AUSTIN
OVC-MURRAY STATE
BIG SOUTH-WINTHROP
SOUTHWESTERN-PRAIRIE VIEW A&M
MEAC-NORFOLK STATE

B1G-OHIO STATE
Big 12-KANSAS
Big East-VILLANOVA
Pac 12-COLORADO
ACC-FSU
SEC-UK
AAC-WICHITA STATE
WCC-GONZAGA
A10-DAYTON
MWC-SAN DIEGO STATE
MVC-LOYOLA CHICAGO
MAC-AKRON
CUSA-LA TECH
SUNBELT-TEXAS STATE
SOUTHERN-UNC GREENSBORO
IVY-YALE
CAA-TOWSON
SUMMIT-NDSU
BIG WEST-UC IRVINE
MAAC-MONMOUTH
WAC-NEW MEXICO STATE
PATRIOT-BOSTON U
AMER EAST-VERMONT
ATL SUN-LIBERTY
NORTHEAST-SACRED HEART
OVC-MURRAY STATE
BIG SOUTH-WINTHROP
MEAC-NORFOLK STATE

If you hit 90% I will have to give you credit

ACC: Duke
American: UConn
A10: Dayton
Big 10: MSU
Big 12: Texas Tech
Big East: Villanova
Mountain West: SDSU
Pac 12: Arizona State
SEC: Florida
WCC: Gonzaga

I'm making some gutsy picks here, KU will get upset by someone random like UT in the QFs and then steamrolls through the NCAAT to win the chip.

Interesting. Very interesting...

t3ONJXx.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
This is a list of Kansas' Kryptonite. Give me the big boys all day every day.

A10-DAYTON
MWC-SAN DIEGO STATE
MVC-LOYOLA CHICAGO
MAC-AKRON
CUSA-LA TECH
SUNBELT-TEXAS STATE
SOUTHERN-UNC GREENSBORO
IVY-YALE
CAA-TOWSON
SUMMIT-NDSU
BIG WEST-UC IRVINE
MAAC-MONMOUTH
WAC-NEW MEXICO STATE
PATRIOT-BOSTON U
AMER EAST-VERMONT
ATL SUN-LIBERTY
NORTHEAST-SACRED HEART
OVC-MURRAY STATE
BIG SOUTH-WINTHROP
MEAC-NORFOLK STATE

I'm making some gutsy picks here, KU will get upset by someone random like UT in the QFs and then steamrolls through the NCAAT to win the chip.

Not bad but would never pick uf in the SEC. They can’t put 2 meaningful wins back to back. I’d go UVA in the ACC.

Reactions: BlueTick2

Matters the seeding for the Big 12 Tournament.

Regarding the schools outside of Kansas and Baylor I have to go with OU.

The way they are playing defense and how efficient Doolittle is makes them a huge threat.

I would put it as this...
1. OU
2. Texas
3. Tech
4. WVU

Tech loses on Saturday I may have to change it because it could mean they would have to make a run.

ACC - FSU
Atlantic- Dayton
American - Wichita State
Big 12 - KU
Big East - Villanova
B1G - MSU
Pac 12 - Oregon
SEC - Kentucky

Matters the seeding for the Big 12 Tournament.

Regarding the schools outside of Kansas and Baylor I have to go with OU.

The way they are playing defense and how efficient Doolittle is makes them a huge threat.

I would put it as this...
1. OU
2. Texas
3. Tech
4. WVU

Tech loses on Saturday I may have to change it because it could mean they would have to make a run.

WVU has been to either the big 12 finals (3) or seminfinals(last season) every year since 2015 and I dont see that changing this year. Bob Huggins teams tend to always play really well in a neutral tournament setting, even when they are struggling as we are now. This goes back to even the Big East days.

WVU has been to either the big 12 finals (3) or seminfinals(last season) every year since 2015 and I dont see that changing this year. Bob Huggins teams tend to always play really well in a neutral tournament setting, even when they are struggling as we are now. This goes back to even the Big East days.

Matters the seeding
Best case scenario is playing Tech in the quarterfinals.
Then playing Kansas in the semifinals
I do think WVU matches up better with KU than anyone of that group.

Teams who space the floor and can hit shots gives your defense issues.
Hard for your bigs to play on the perimeter.

Don’t like UK for the SEC. we basically play 5.5 players if possible. That’s a lot of minutes.ill take Awwburn, but UK goes further in the big dance.

ACC- FSU
AAC- I don't even know who's in that conference
American- ^
B12- KU
BEast- Nova
B14- MSU
Pac 12- Bill Walton
SEC- Kentucky if Hagans is still on the team by then

ACC- Louisville
Big East- Seton Hall
Big XII- Kansas
Big Ten- Michigan State
Pac 12- Arizona
SEC- LSU

AAC- Houston
Atlantic 10- Dayton
MAC- Akron
MVC- Northern Iowa
MWC- Utah State (SDSU is looking shaky)
SoCon- East Tennessee State
WCC- Gonzaga

Reactions: uoflcardsfan
Northern Iowa already out.
Took a lopsided L against their biggest rival in Drake.

MVC is now wide open
I kind of expected this. They just played Drake on Saturday.

I think Drake could make a run to the Finals, but I think ultimately it will be Loyola winning it. I had them winning it all, beating UNI and the MVC getting two teams in.

Unfortunately, now I think this knocks UNI (23-6) out and frees a spot for another team hovering just above .500 :confused:

UNI had looked like a tournament team for most of the season, but they just didn't have those "resume" wins save for the win over an overrated Colorado team and winning their conference outright.

The MVC should look into adopting something similar to the WCC to protect their best teams a little more, while still leaving the possibility of anyone from the conference having the chance at the auto-bid.

Northern Iowa already out.
Took a lopsided L against their biggest rival in Drake.

MVC is now wide open

Wow. Huge. They beat Drake by 27 in the regular season finale. Lose to the same team by 21 in the MWC Quaterfinals. Will be interesting to see if they get an at-large. I'd rather see them than a team that went 8-12 in league play.

Wow. Huge. They beat Drake by 27 in the regular season finale. Lose to the same team by 21 in the MWC Quaterfinals. Will be interesting to see if they get an at-large. I'd rather see them than a team that went 8-12 in league play.
That's what I'm saying.

If you've cared enough to watch Northern Iowa basketball at any point this season, you can see that they passed the eye test as a tournament-caliber basketball team.

They have a decent record, but they don't have the flare and all the bells and whistles to go with it.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I disagree with this take, UNI looked like horse manure today.

Purdue and Minnesota would blow out Drake imo.

I disagree with this take, UNI looked like horse manure today.

Purdue and Minnesota would blow out Drake imo.

Everyone has crap games. No one should be defined by a single contest. They looked really, really solid in Cancun. Beat South Carolina. Probably should have beaten West Virginia. WVU got a rebound and a put-back with less than 20 seconds left, to put them up by 1. I thought the WVU player went over the back. That was a tough loss. They also beat Colorado in Boulder. Still a top 50 team in the NET and KenPom. Definitely not a lock to make the tournament. Wouldn't be surprised to see them get the Saint Mary's treatment. Would just prefer to see a team like them, a true mid-major which has showed they can compete with the big boys, as opposed to a sub .500 team in conference play.

That's what I'm saying.

If you've cared enough to watch Northern Iowa basketball at any point this season, you can see that they passed the eye test as a tournament-caliber basketball team.

They have a decent record, but they don't have the flare and all the bells and whistles to go with it.

Agreed. If I'm a 5 seed, I wouldn't be excited about playing Northern Iowa. They are very, very capable of knocking off a top 20 team. East Tennessee State would be the most dangerous potential 12 seed. But UNI comes next, IMO.

I kind of expected this. They just played Drake on Saturday.

I think Drake could make a run to the Finals, but I think ultimately it will be Loyola winning it. I had them winning it all, beating UNI and the MVC getting two teams in.

Unfortunately, now I think this knocks UNI (23-6) out and frees a spot for another team hovering just above .500 :confused:

UNI had looked like a tournament team for most of the season, but they just didn't have those "resume" wins save for the win over an overrated Colorado team and winning their conference outright.

The MVC should look into adopting something similar to the WCC to protect their best teams a little more, while still leaving the possibility of anyone from the conference having the chance at the auto-bid.
I don't get why all small school conferences don't do the WCC style. The whole point for small conferences should be to get your best team into the tournament.

Gonzaga is playing their first game of the WCC conference tournament in a half hour and it is a semi-final game.

ADVERTISEMENT