ADVERTISEMENT

Pearl to Arizona?

Not saying he wouldn’t go, but Auburn has more $$$$ for basketball currently and is selling out the arena most every game. For sure Arizona has the history, but it’s not like they are some blueblood. I could see Pearl leaving for a UCLA or Kentucky type job, but not for washed up Arizona.

Arizona is a better job than UCLA.

Why would he leave auburn for Arizona. They haven’t won shit in over 20 years. Sean had all the talent you could need and couldn’t do it there. If I were pearl I’d listen to what UCLA has to say first, plus you know bill will call most of your games, just an added bonus
Im pretty sure the question should be why would he stay at auburn and not go to UofA

Pearl is a great coach. He has shown some poor judgement in the past, but he is a great coach.

Reactions: kl40504 and olsonab
Yeah, this. Had he not lied about doing so---I doubt anything more than a "slap" results from it.

That's what made the pearl/ut/bbq thing so weird. It was a minor secondary violation that he made WAY worse by lying about it. It was weird, but compared to the shoe company scandals, completely forgivable.

When has he ever done that? He would've stayed at UT until he retired if he had not have lied.

I really don't know or care one way or the other, actually. That was me just fvcking with that idiot Auburn fan who showed up for the first time 2 nights ago.

Reactions: RipThru and olsonab
That's what made the pearl/ut/bbq thing so weird. It was a minor secondary violation that he made WAY worse by lying about it. It was weird, but compared to the shoe company scandals, completely forgivable.
Can’t lie though or at least get caught lying.

I really don't know or care one way or the other, actually. That was me just fvcking with that idiot Auburn fan who showed up for the first time 2 nights ago.

First time here 2 nights ago? lOL. I have been off an in here for 10 years. You seriously are the most clueless poster on this board. You literally just make up shit

First time here 2 nights ago? lOL. I have been off an in here for 10 years. You seriously are the most clueless poster on this board. You literally just make up shit

I suppose it is possible as you are entirely forgettable, but a quick Rivals search shows much differently.

Maybe Rivals is broken again though- just link me to one of your threads from, let's say, 2016. Either that or just accept that we know you are a liar.

I suppose it is possible as you are entirely forgettable, but a quick Rivals search shows much differently.

Maybe Rivals is broken again though- just link me to one of your threads from, let's say, 2016. Either that or just accept that we know you are a liar.

Go back and look at the threads around the Maui invitational after auburn played duke. I was having to deal with even worse posters than you on here with the duke fanboys. You seem to think everything revolves around you on this board. It doesn’t

Go back and look at the threads around the Maui invitational after auburn played duke. I was having to deal with even worse posters than you on here with the duke fanboys. You seem to think everything revolves around you on this board. It doesn’t

Congrats- you have been around for one season and really not until the tourney and really not even until you lost and started acting like a pussy.

Trolls like you have come and gone through the years. I'm sure some other random school will pop up with one next year too. You should probably go back to your fortune and leave basketball to people who know basketball.

ETA. (Oh yeah- forgot to remind you that Auburn fouled before the double dribble)

Reactions: kelley2403
Congrats- you have been around for one season and really not until the tourney and really not even until you lost and started acting like a pussy.

Trolls like you have come and gone through the years. I'm sure some other random school will pop up with one next year too. You should probably go back to your fortune and leave basketball to people who know basketball.

ETA. (Oh yeah- forgot to remind you that Auburn fouled before the double dribble)

I have been here off an on since 2009. 2009 was really the last time auburn was even remotely good before last year. What exactly is there for me to come post about when Auburn is going 3-15 in the SEC and 9 and whatever overall?

You also don’t know basketball so I wouldn’t ever be leaving it to you

That's another ridiculous take. Only thing that makes me pause is he has a pretty decent class coming in and basically only loses Brown. That and the uncertainty in Arizona makes it a bit questionable. But to me Arizona is a top 7ish job in the country, those don't become available that often.

It's great job but I'm thinking more of a fringe top 10 program than top 7.

Tier 1-A:
Duke
Kentucky
UNC
Kansas
UCLA

Tier 1-B:
Indiana
Louisville
MSU
Syracuse
Villanova
UConn

Tier 2:
Virginia
Florida
Wisconsin
Arizona
Michigan
Illinois
Gonzaga
Texas (just because of money/fan base)

Last edited:
It's great job but I'm thinking more of a fringe top 10 program than top 7.

Tier 1-A:
Duke
Kentucky
UNC
Kansas
UCLA

Tier 1-B:
Indiana
Louisville
MSU
Syracuse
Villanova
UConn

Tier 2:
Virginia
Florida
Wisconsin
Arizona
Michigan
Illinois
Gonzaga
Texas (just because of money fanase

Did you know UCLA still flys their players and coaches on commercial airlines? Yes the UCLA head coach sits at LAX. You're basically just listing all time programs without any kind of insight as to what makes a coaching job attractive.

Reactions: tahoe_blue
Arizona is without a doubt more attractive to a coach than UCLA, UCONN, Syracuse, Virginia, Florida, Wisconsin. MSU/UofL are maybe equals...doubtful...but maybe. Hell i'm not even sure Indiana is seen as a better job.

Did you know UCLA still flys their players and coaches on commercial airlines? Yes the UCLA head coach sits at LAX. You're basically just listing all time programs without any kind of insight as to what makes a coaching job attractive.

I have heard that before but never seen the source. Where did you get that?

It's practically the same as USC in football then. Below average to poor booster/fan support, unless they are winning titles (and even then the boosters never really open their wallets for athletics). In spite of that, UCLA basketball, like USC in football, has a massive trophy case that few, if any, can match. Los Angeles is also one of the most talent rich places in the country.

Consistent booster/administration/fan support is the only negative I see.

It's practically the same as USC in football then. Below average to poor booster/fan support, unless they are winning titles (and even then the boosters never really open their wallets for athletics). In spite of that, UCLA basketball, like USC in football, has a massive trophy case that few, if any, can match. Los Angeles is also one of the most talent rich places in the country.

Consistent booster/administration/fan support is the only negative I see.

They fly commercial. That pushes them to 10th at best.

They fly commercial. That pushes them to 10th at best.

Lol 10th at worst.

Are Arizona fans thinking they'll avoid ncaa penalties? Because it's looking more and more like Arizona and LSU will be the ncaa's primary "example programs" when the dust settles.

Lol 10th at worst.

Are Arizona fans thinking they'll avoid ncaa penalties? Because it's looking more and more like Arizona and LSU will be the ncaa's primary "example programs" when the dust settles.

You aren’t recruiting against the top schools if you are flying coach through LAX

Lol 10th at worst.

We'll agree to disagree, just going off what we've learned during the last coaching search, its why UCLA is offering Rick Barnes $5mil/year. I'm skeptical on schools getting hammered unless they knowingly hid evidence.

ADVERTISEMENT