ADVERTISEMENT

Ouch....Tom Crean comments on his players.

Brutal, brutal comments.

Totally uncalled for too. He threw those kids under the bus so he didn't look like the problem.

Those kids are going to have a problem with those comments too.

Not only that, but the #1 high school PG is supposed to be making his choice tomorrow. Georgia is the favorite. I wouldn't be surprised if the kid changes his mind after reading these comments.

I certainly wouldn't want to play for that guy.

I argued with those on the home board about Crean's tenure still having an impact with players he brought in...Well, I mean.....damn. Shit as a former player, I couldn't handle this type of shit coming from my coach.

Reactions: KMKAT
Brutal, brutal comments.

Totally uncalled for too. He threw those kids under the bus so he didn't look like the problem.

Those kids are going to have a problem with those comments too.

Not only that, but the #1 high school PG is supposed to be making his choice tomorrow. Georgia is the favorite. I wouldn't be surprised if the kid changes his mind after reading these comments.

I certainly wouldn't want to play for that guy.
THis is who he is. It was his downfall at IU. Never took responsibility. Dude has an ego that is out of this world.

Reactions: GE Nole and kyjeff1
Frank Martin threw his players under the bus around 5 years ago and ended up taking South Carolina to the Final Four 3 years later.

Just saying...

THis is who he is. It was his downfall at IU. Never took responsibility. Dude has an ego that is out of this world.
You would figure he would learn.

That temper tantrum he threw a couple of years ago in the handshake line where he went after an ex Kelvin Sampson assistant ("you ruined this program, you ruined this program") was really eye opening. You're supposed to be a leader, that's not what leaders do.

It is probably exactly what he thinks, but it speaks more to his inability to coach up lesser players and sounds like he has given up on trying.

I respect the hell out of a guy who can spend nine years running guys off at IU - to the point that fans named the practice after him - and then turn around and be sanctimonious about honoring scholarships at his next job.

Good on you, Tommy.

giphy.gif

Frank Martin threw his players under the bus around 5 years ago and ended up taking South Carolina to the Final Four 3 years later.

Just saying...
I don't recall FM telling the media that it was his fault for retaining his players.

Maybe he did, I don't recall it.

You have to admit, that's a pretty awful thing to say about your players.

I don't recall FM telling the media that it was his fault for retaining his players.

Maybe he did, I don't recall it.

You have to admit, that's a pretty awful thing to say about your players.
I didn't say Frank Martin said the exact same thing as Tom Cream but he has definitely talked negatively about his players at South Carolina in the past. And he apologized for it. It was a pretty big deal (for about a day in the CBB world) about 5-6 years ago.

It's not something I would respond very well to but being called out publicly can motivate some people.

I didn't say Frank Martin said the exact same thing as Tom Cream but he has definitely talked negatively about his players at South Carolina in the past. And he apologized for it. It was a pretty big deal (for about a day in the CBB world) about 5-6 years ago.
Its one thing to talk negative about your players, i.e. calling them soft, not playing hard, etc, etc...Its a whole different ball game when you say its your fault for retaining players. Thats pretty brutal.

Reactions: GE Nole and kyjeff1
I respect the hell out of a guy who can spend nine years running guys off at IU - to the point that fans named the practice after him - and then turn around and be sanctimonious about honoring scholarships at his next job.

Good on you, Tommy.

giphy.gif
Spot on Cardinal.....Somewhere, Matt Roth is laughing his ass off....

Reactions: CardinalBoiler
I would say there are different levels of it.

Calipari did it to PJ Washington yesterday. Said PJ could be the best player in the country, bit not the way he performed yesterday. Scored 23 points, but only had 3 rebounds, didn't play with energy and made a bunch of mistakes.

There's a right way and a wrong way to do it. Tom Crean apparently doesn't understand the right way to do it.

Looks like Frank Martin did it the right way too.

I would say there are different levels of it.

Calipari did it to PJ Washington yesterday. Said PJ could be the best player in the country, bit not the way he performed yesterday. Scored 23 points, but only had 3 rebounds, didn't play with energy and made a bunch of mistakes.

There's a right way and a wrong way to do it. Tom Crean apparently doesn't understand the right way to do it.

Looks like Frank Martin did it the right way too.
This...

ADVERTISEMENT