ADVERTISEMENT

Other than dunk.. what can Malik Monk do?

This is quickly approaching "dumbest shit of all time" status.

Monk's stats on the season thus far:

29.0 MPG
22.6 PTS
51.6% FG%
60.0% 2PT%
43.4% 3PT%
86.4% FT%
2.6 REB
2.0 AST
1.7 STL
1.8 TOV
27.7 PER
65.0% True Shooting %
62.6% Effective Field Goal %
An absurd 28.4 Usage Rating

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
This brings up an interesting question. If a player could actually jump from beyond the 3pt line and dunk, would it count as a 3? Maybe @IUfanBorden can answer. I don't believe the ball has to leave your hands before the line, you just have to have your feet behind the line when you attempt the shot.

it'd be a 3. What matters is where your feet leave, not where they land.

I hear he moonlights as "the Stig"
stigshelmet.jpg
Laughing this is awesome

On the plus side, its looking like all of us non Kentucky fans went a little too pessimistic on Briscoe during the offseason. I was even saying he shouldnt start. Lol im dumb.

2nd best post of the thread

Jesus, Monk is the streakiest 3 pt shooter I've ever seen in CBB...it's kind of uncanny.

Last 15 games:

UGA: 7/11
KU: 2/6
@Tennessee: 3/13
SCar: 4/7
@MSU: 0/3
Auburn: 4/8
@vandy: 1/4
Arkansas: 0/5
A&M: 5/7
@ole Miss: 5/7
Louisville: 1/9
UNC: 8/12
Hofstra: 4/10
Valpo: 1/5
UCLA: 4/8

UK fans aren't lying when they tell you this guy will either shoot them into or shoot them out of games literally speaking.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Jesus, Monk is the streakiest 3 pt shooter I've ever seen in CBB...it's kind of uncanny.

Last 15 games:

UK fans aren't lying when they tell you this guy will either shoot them into or shoot them out of games literally speaking.

As far as trolls go, youre a solid 8/10. Not as elite as M18J but still a good one.

Last 15 games:

Haha... When he's off he's off and when he's on he's on! They really isn't much in between.

Well he's really only shot us out of the game against UL and Tennessee. But yeah he's the definition of streaky.

It's Malik Monk's birthday. But here's how it works ... he had a monster game vs UGA, so he'll likely go 0'fer tonight. lol

He's a great player when he's not standing around the 3 point line. If he's not hitting threes then he doesn't do much to help his team win.

So the full progression of this thread is it started as "can he do anything but dunk?", and now "if he's not hitting 3's he doesn't do much else...".

Shut it down.

Saturday's game has erased any doubts here about what he can do.... unless the detractors want to remain in denial.

ADVERTISEMENT