ADVERTISEMENT

Other than dunk.. what can Malik Monk do?

Not shit, apparently. Huge disappointment so far. Same for Bam. Both complete non-factors. Hopefully it's just frosh nerves. Who knows.

I do not know anything about Monk's HS reputation from a skill set perspective, but he is going to prove to be the most important player on the team team. He is going to have to be able to space the floor for UK.

Will be interesting to see how this UK team develops. They have a lot of good players, but I am not sure that their skills mesh well offensively. They will face a lot of zone this year and will likely get a lot of hard fouls as everyone will send them to the stripe. Now, their defensive potential is off the charts.

Finally, Humphries is gonna take Bam's minutes before long.

Last edited:
Finally, Humphries is gonna take Bam's minutes before long.
I wish, but Cal will never let it happen. He will play blue chips over the more talented player. He did it with the twins vs Ulis/Booker in the final four loss to Wisconsin. Probably cost us a chance for the natty.

Bam isn't a back to the basket player. Cal is forcing it on him like he did Towns, Davis and tried to with Skal.

We'll just have to wait and see how it works out for Bam.

Humphries has looked really good when he's played in the exhibitions and the first game and a half of the regular season. He's been our best rebounder by a mile.

He did give up baseline a few times when he should have been there to close it off on the help though.

Monk is gonna struggle for the first half of the season at least. He has the biggest adjustment because he's going from volume scoring 2 guard that was used to having 30 shots a game to get his rhythm to now having to play a role with a bunch of guys that are equally as talented.

Having 2 guys like Fox and Briscoe that can make plays for you will help. They just need more time together though

Not worried. We couldn't have looked worse and still hold a nine point lead at the half. Call me in December if the team hasn't improved at all. Or at least wait for this game to be over. Or even twenty minutes of basketball.

We did have a 20-0 free throw advantage. Canisius was fouling a lot. There were still a lot of things not called. But I thought they definitely should have shot some free throws.

Maybe he turns it around or maybe he doesn't. But Jamal Murray started out 3 for 15 from 3. I wish more teams looked at his first two games and decided to leave him wide open since he couldn't shoot. Not saying Monk will be the sniper Murray was because they are different kind of players but I wouldn't give up yet.

Not worried. We couldn't have looked worse and still hold a nine point lead at the half.
That is mostly because the refs are saving our ass. We've shot 20 free throws to their 0. They've beaten us at every aspect of the game so far.

Maybe he turns it around or maybe he doesn't. But Jamal Murray started out 3 for 15 from 3. I wish more teams looked at his first two games and decided to leave him wide open since he couldn't shoot. Not saying Monk will be the sniper Murray was because they are different kind of players but I wouldn't give up yet.
Murray hadicewater in his veins...these are two totally different players.

Reactions: jarms24
Willis has looked awful this game. Thankfully Briscoe came to play. Fox starting to get his feet under him a little as well as Bam.

(Might as well make this the game thread)

On the plus side, its looking like all of us non Kentucky fans went a little too pessimistic on Briscoe during the offseason. I was even saying he shouldnt start. Lol im dumb.
I just recall a thread where many said he's not an elite finisher at the rim. That's 80% of what he does offensively and he's one of the best in the nation at it, probably the best at the guard position.

I hate Sunday evening games. Sometimes it seems like the players have a tough time getting going. It took UNC about 15 minutes of gametime today to get rolling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT