ADVERTISEMENT

OT- death projections 60k

Science has proven there is no need for a god. I'm agnostic so I know what you mean. I am jealous of people who are strong of faith. It gives them a comfort that I don't have and probably never will.

I am a big fan of science. I used to get this magazine called Discover for years, which is a very anti-religious science type magazine. Fascinating stuff. I don't think there is much in a constantly evolving understanding of science that proves or disproves the existence of a god, which is kind of the point.

Science has proven there is no need for a god. I'm agnostic so I know what you mean. I am jealous of people who are strong of faith. It gives them a comfort that I don't have and probably never will.

Yea, pretty much sums up my take. I couldn’t be a religious person if I wanted to.

I get why scientists lean on the atheistic side. Their job is to explain HOW things happen. Saying "God created it" is almost insulting to their intellect. They want to know how, why, and when something came into existence.

Yet, I don't think science and God (or religion) are mutually exclusive.

I mentioned this before, but I think it's worth bringing up again.
In Genesis 1, we're all familiar with God creating the heavens and the earth, and so forth. But did you know the Hebrew word for create, bara, doesn't mean to create something out of nothing? It more appropriately means to organize, the same way a man might assemble raw material to "create" a vehicle.

This seems to be in alignment with the law of conservation of mass, which states that energy cannot be created or destroyed. God was not creating ex nihilo, he was simply organizing matter that already existed.

I get you all probably don't want to have a back-and-forth on something that's deviating from the topic - and I've already hijacked the thread. So, maybe tag me in the political thread and I'll respond there if you'd like.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I get why scientists lean on the atheistic side. Their job is to explain HOW things happen. Saying "God created it" is almost insulting to their intellect. They want to know how, why, and when something came into existence.

Yet, I don't think science and God (or religion) are mutually exclusive.

I mentioned this before, but I think it's worth bringing up again.
In Genesis 1, we're all familiar with God creating the heavens and the earth, and so forth. But did you know the Hebrew word for create, bara, doesn't mean to create something out of nothing? It more appropriately means to organize, the same way a man might assemble raw material to "create" a vehicle.

This seems to be in alignment with the law of conservation of mass, which states that energy cannot be created or destroyed. God was not creating ex nihilo, he was simply organizing matter that already existed.

I get you all probably don't want to have a back-and-forth on something that's deviating from the topic - and I've already hijacked the thread. So, maybe tag me in the political thread and I'll respond there if you'd like.
I don't mind talking about this. I'm sure there's a better thread for it, but this back and forth is probably better than the abortion stuff lol

100% the same. I’m not an atheist nor am I religious. I would classify myself in the same realm. Don’t really know what to believe, until proof of something presents itself...then sure I’ll be a believer.

100% the same. I’m not an atheist nor am I religious. I would classify myself in the same realm. Don’t really know what to believe, until proof of something presents itself...then sure I’ll be a believer.
I remember when you liked Pitino. I remember when I like him too.

*playing off fans thinking there coaches are gods, I'll see myself out.

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
The term some of you are looking for is agnostic (not a believer, but also not sure there ISN'T something out there.)

Was just seeing that the number of cases is skyrocketing in many of the states that don't have stay at home orders. Oklahoma saw a 53% increase in cases over the past week, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. Over same time, cases jumped 60% in Arkansas, 74% in Nebraska, and 82% in Iowa. South Dakota saw a whopping 205% spike.

While having a more rural population is a good thing for this, you still have to be careful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT