ADVERTISEMENT

Only 12 teams with realistic shot at Natty

Either. Which ever one happens first. It'll be interesting to see if Auburn maintains any basketball success after he's gone or revert back to an afterthought where all AU basketball does is remind people of Charles Barkley.

I'm curious about that also. Part of me says we won't but that's just because we're talking about AU basketball and outside of about 8, maybe 9, seasons over the last 40 years......it ain't good. That said I definitely think Bruce eventually retires AT Auburn, but the hope is that it's not when he's 65.

Reactions: olsonab
I'm curious about that also. Part of me says we won't but that's just because we're talking about AU basketball and outside of about 8, maybe 9, seasons over the last 40 years......it ain't good. That said I definitely think Bruce eventually retires AT Auburn, but the hope is that it's not when he's 65.
No way Pearl retires at Auburn. The only way he retires there is if others schools pass on him when looking for a new coach.

Shit, I should rephrase, Pearl will retire at Auburn.

So damn jelly.
He does get better ass than me while married.

He's not just a cheater in the sports world, he's a cheater in his personal relationships.

image.ashx

The way lil Steve runs things at Hamilton’s and in recruiting, we will be good. That dude is in it for the long haul...

Reactions: AUnit
Why would pearl leave auburn? Is he not getting the recruits he wants?

He is def getting paid enough. Why not become the legend that makes auburn a household name in basketball?

Why would pearl leave auburn? Is he not getting the recruits he wants?

He is def getting paid enough. Why not become the legend that makes auburn a household name in basketball?

Regardless of what anyone says on both boards, you get it....

Dude is treated like a king at Auburn and embraced by our fans more than any coach in any sport over the last 30 years. He is a man of the people and has passion, nothing better than that.

Last edited:
3 losses in just the last 4 seasons to auburn. Prior to Pearl at auburn is irrelevant
Bull Schitt.

In those three years Kentucky beat Auburn the same number of times dip wad. Plus Kentucky beat Auburn two out of three last year.

You Auburn fan sound like the South Carolina folks a couple years ago. You are picking the best run in history to make your point. So picking out my period (2019) UK bested Auburn 2 out of three.

You Auburn folks were good losers in that you never showed up on a basketball board. Now you have made one final four you are the new UCLA of college basketball. It really gets old fast.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Bull Schitt.

In those three years Kentucky beat Auburn the same number of times dip wad. Plus Kentucky beat Auburn two out of three last year.

You Auburn fan sound like the South Carolina folks a couple years ago. You are picking the best run in history to make your point. So picking out my period (2019) UK bested Auburn 2 out of three.

You Auburn folks were good losers in that you never showed up on a basketball board. Now you have made one final four you are the new UCLA of college basketball. It really gets old fast.

I am picking what is currently happen. We have Bruce Pearl now at Auburn. Prior to Pearl is again not relevant.

I am picking what is currently happen. We have Bruce Pearl now at Auburn. Prior to Pearl is again not relevant.
Hell my post covered Pearl fellow. How hard is reality on you?

Cal has been to the final four 4 times at Kentucky, once at Mass and once at Memphis. That is 6 times to Pearl's 1.

Cal is currently happening at Kentucky. He is ten times the coach that cheating Bruce is.

Cal has been to the final four 4 times at Kentucky, once at Mass and once at Memphis. That is 6 times to Pearl's 1.

Cal is currently happening at Kentucky. He is ten times the coach that cheating Bruce is.
Lol

Reactions: HRTheCard

Tubby smith has just as many titles at UK. Calipari has under achieved with the talent he has had. Pearl has 3 titles minimum with the Talent UK has had under cal.

....only in your world of imagination.

Not really. Give Bruce Pearl John wall and boogie cousins and he isn’t losing in the elite 8. Give him your 2014/2015 team and he isn’t losing to a team led by white guys. I don’t see cal winning another title at UK now that he isn’t even recruiting as well as he used to be at UK.

Not really. Give Bruce Pearl John wall and boogie cousins and he isn’t losing in the elite 8. Give him your 2014/2015 team and he isn’t losing to a team led by white guys. I don’t see cal winning another title at UK now that he isn’t even recruiting as well as he used to be at UK.

....anyone can play the what if game. "What IF Pearl could land the recruiting classes that Cal does every year?"

...the problem is, he doesn't.

....and not sure where you're seeing a drop off in recruiting... currently, UK has the #1 class for next year.

....anyone can play the what if game. "What IF Pearl could land the recruiting classes that Cal does every year?"

...the problem is, he doesn't.

If Pearl was at Kentucky he would be recruiting classes like that. The Kentucky name is much bigger than the name John Calipari. I think UK had 3-4 coaches in there history that are all Better coaches than Cal is

Reactions: UL_1986
Auburn faces their first top 50 opponent this week when they host NC State on Thursday. NC State runs a fast pace and spreads the floor well. Similar to Auburn. Should be a close game.

Reactions: kelley2403
Auburn faces their first top 50 opponent this week when they host NC State on Thursday. NC State runs a fast pace and spreads the floor well. Similar to Auburn. Should be a close game.

First top 50 opponent. Yet auburn has a top 10 SOS so far this season.

First top 50 opponent. Yet auburn has a top 10 SOS so far this season.

95th ranked SOS. And out of the top 100 teams in KenPom, you guys have the 4th highest luck factor. You have beaten decent teams, I'll give you that. But, not a single one of them is getting an at-large bid. Richmond might have a chance if they play well in conference.

If Pearl was at Kentucky he would be recruiting classes like that. The Kentucky name is much bigger than the name John Calipari. I think UK had 3-4 coaches in there history that are all Better coaches than Cal is
Spitting Facts. I like it!

Tubby smith has just as many titles at UK. Calipari has under achieved with the talent he has had. Pearl has 3 titles minimum with the Talent UK has had under cal.

It's unfortunate that he's stuck at Auburn and will never see one title.

Shouldn't have choked last year.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

"If"....so your answer is another "If" scenario. Well, he isn't the UK coach and because of his pass history, probably will never be. Yes, the UK program is bigger than the coach. The ONLY program to have won titles under FIVE different coaches.
As far as 'coaching' goes, purely x's and o's...I'd put Cal in the top 3 that have coached at UK.

"If"....so your answer is another "If" scenario. Well, he isn't the UK coach and because of his pass history, probably will never be. Yes, the UK program is bigger than the coach. The ONLY program to have won titles under FIVE different coaches.
As far as 'coaching' goes, purely x's and o's...I'd put Cal in the top 3 that have coached at UK.

Pitino, rupp, and hall are all vastly better coaches IMO. As far x’s and o’s Tubby smith May even be better

Reactions: UL_1986
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT