ADVERTISEMENT

Oh well I guess the secret of how good Indiana will be is out...

giphy.gif
IU lost to a middle of the road SEC team.

It was a foul. Irregardless of when. And this phrase kills me: "call the game the same in the 1st minute,as you would the last". Well, 95% of the time---it is. Not all contact is the same. Not all of it warrants a foul. That play with Davis? Well it did. Now, you could have a play similar to that...With no whistle. It doesn't mean the game was /is being called different. it just means the contact, which was similar, didn't warrant a whistle. Not all situations are the same. And therefore, they shouldn't be treated as such.

This is a perfect example of why officiating is so arbitrary and inconsistent.

Wondering what everyone else still thinks of this team. I think they’re a good top 25 squad with a high ceiling, but I’m an IU fan. Down the road, this loss might help like Purdue football. We’re not beating duke yet, but we can still be very good

I thought the reffing was okay but there were definitely some bad calls in it. What did you think about it?
IU game? For the pace, I thought it was officiated pretty decent. Calls were missed---but that's always going to happen.

Didn't expect IU to lose to a middle of the road SEC team.
Meh...Rough place to play. Down three players; Mcroberts, Green and Thompson. Played basically the entire 1st half w/o Morgan. Phinisse in foul trouble as well. Turned it over 18 times. Still, a 1-foot tip in from winning. Not bad for starting a freshman back court, along with a sophomore.

Learn and move on.

Wondering what everyone else still thinks of this team. I think they’re a good top 25 squad with a high ceiling, but I’m an IU fan. Down the road, this loss might help like Purdue football. We’re not beating duke yet, but we can still be very good

On the road... without Morgan the entire first half, and being a young team. Overall not a terrible loss.

I think everything hinges on how quickly they mature. A game like the Arkansas game can only help.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Meh...Rough place to play. Down three players; Mcroberts, Green and Thompson. Played basically the entire 1st half w/o Morgan. Phinisse in foul trouble as well. Turned it over 18 times. Still, a 1-foot tip in from winning. Not bad for starting a freshman back court, along with a sophomore.

Learn and move on.
Didn't realize they were missing that many players. Future looks good.

Naw just maybe a broken nose, bloody at least.
Yeah, my biggest concern is if he struggles for a few weeks while he wears a mask protecting it. I would be completely shocked if he doesn't have a broken nose whith how he was hit.

Yeah, my biggest concern is if he struggles for a few weeks while he wears a mask protecting it. I would be completely shocked if he doesn't have a broken nose whith how he was hit.

Mehh wasn’t that bad honestly. He’ll be fine.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Mehh wasn’t that bad honestly. He’ll be fine.
I don't know if you've ever broken you nose, but its going to affect him for a few weeks if it is broken. One of the biggest issues I had both times I broke mine was with breathing. And I wasn't trying to run up and down a court for 40 minutes. Don't get me wrong, if that's all it is...he'll be fine. But, its going to be an annoying thing for him to deal with. I think I remember hearing before that a lot of players have really been bothered by that mask.

I don't know if you've ever broken you nose, but its going to affect him for a few weeks if it is broken. One of the biggest issues I had both times I broke mine was with breathing. And I wasn't trying to run up and down a court for 40 minutes. Don't get me wrong, if that's all it is...he'll be fine. But, its going to be an annoying thing for him to deal with. I think I remember hearing before that a lot of players have really been bothered by that mask.

Wouldn’t be so sure it’s beoken.

ADVERTISEMENT