ADVERTISEMENT

Oh well I guess the secret of how good Indiana will be is out...

Which means YOU don't think he will make the All-frosh team. That YOU feel he only makes All-Frosh b/c of media bias.

Yeah...I'd be looking for a way out of yet another stupid ass, far fetched prediction also...Laughing

Borden, I love the way you twist my words. Like Ive always said, youre alright by me you old stubborn soab.

Reactions: kl40504
1. Illinois was missing their best player, Trent Frazier. Adonis De La Rosa also isnt all the way healthy.

2. Ive never predicted Romeo wont make the all freshman team. I know how the media works, he could average 20 shots a game and only score 13 points per game and the media would sort by 13 points per game and throw him on there.

What did happen is, I left him off my own, made up, personal preseason B1G frosh team and people like you went nuts, trying to dictate I put him on a team that doesnt exist, like you have just now.
Well he scored 22 on 15 shots last night soooo looks like we don’t have to worry about that scenario you made up.

There’s a reason he gets a lot of media attention.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
I agree about Arkansas but I do think they are going to suck out loud this year. Hell, they weren't very good last year and they had two very good senior scoring guards which are no longer there. Their center is very good but they have almost no other skill on the team.

That said, what time is that game, I may want to watch. Even though we didn't land Romeo, I am still interested in his career (good kid, terrible parents). I would love for VU and IU to meet up in the NCAA Tourney this year.

Funny, I think Romeo's parents are awesome, but think Darius Garland's parents are using their son and not so bright.

Ahhh so cute how an Indiana thread can have all of these Purdue fans jump in. Its so cute your obsession with Indiana basketball. Maybe some day you guys can be relevant too. Mackey is truly a great place to watch basketball games, I mean no chance of NCAA title banners getting in the way and all.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Ahhh so cute how an Indiana thread can have all of these Purdue fans jump in. Its so cute your obsession with Indiana basketball. Maybe some day you guys can be relevant too. Mackey is truly a great place to watch basketball games, I mean no chance of NCAA title banners getting in the way and all.
That is because Indiana finally plays basketball. Indiana has not been relevant in basketball in decades.

Indiana scored 96 points on a team with the 182nd ranked KenPom defense a year ago. Their starters are the only 5 players who played 20 minutes or more and they shot 4/15 from 3, but they destroyed Marquette from 2. Marquette surrendered 54% on 2 point looks last year, which ranked 304th out of 351.
Oh, so we're only considering starters when it comes to 3pt shooting? Weird how you just decided to make up that stat considering Fitz was 4 for 4 and plays a huge role on this team.

Reactions: kl40504
That is because Indiana finally plays basketball. Indiana has not been relevant in basketball in decades.
If IU hasn't been relevant what does that say about Purdue?

Both have the same amount of conference titles the last 20 years (3=3)

Same amount of elite 8s (1=1)

IU has a title game appearance, Purdue hasn't sniffed the final 4 since 1980.(1>0)

And as we all know (5>0)

All of this in the worst coaching stretch in IU's history.

The difference is we fire our coaches for mediocrity, you give them extensions. Don't worry about IU, Archie is the best coaching hire they've made since the early 70s and we all know how that turned out. IU will be just fine.

If IU hasn't been relevant what does that say about Purdue?

Both have the same amount of conference titles the last 20 years (3=3)

Same amount of elite 8s (1=1)

IU has a title game appearance, Purdue hasn't sniffed the final 4 since 1980.(1>0)

And as we all know (5>0)

All of this in the worst coaching stretch in IU's history.

The difference is we fire our coaches for mediocrity, you give them extensions. Don't worry about IU, Archie is the best coaching hire they've made since the early 70s and we all know how that turned out. IU will be just fine.
I think we can all agree that both Indiana and Purdue are irrelevant in college basketball.

Thank you, that's all I was trying to point out.
By the way, type in "Indiana will be just fine" and "IU will be just fine" into the search bar above and check out how many times it's been said going back to 2015. Pages and pages of results. Lol

Nothing really interesting comes up when I do that.

amirite?

giphy.gif

Reactions: SIhoosier26
By the way, type in "Indiana will be just fine" and "IU will be just fine" into the search bar above and check out how many times it's been said going back to 2015. Pages and pages of results. Lol
This is the first good hire IU's made since the early 70s. The program is in as good a shape as it's been in a long time. You should probably spend a little more time worrying about what dollar Bill is paying his recruits and less time worrying about IU.

Reactions: jace46555
https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/th...all-b1g-basketball-teams.148197/#post-1806164

Here's another shockingly bad take about Romeo Langford. Lol. It's like you're not even trying any longer. You and Gilligan are essentially the same person.

"Arizona is absolutely a Final Four team." - Mgkcbb last year. LOL.

Thats literally one of the most accurate posts Ive ever made. I talk about how I was skeptical of the kids shooting.

Everyone tells me I'm wrong because hes a 5 star recruot or whatever stupid excuse was used then.

Romeo is shooting 52% from the ft line and 2/12 from 3. His shot is absolutely broken so Im rather proud of all that research I did in the offseason proving to be correct.

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/th...all-b1g-basketball-teams.148197/#post-1806034

Uh, actually you posted you don't think he'll make the B10 All Freshman team. Whooooooooooops.

I dont believe Ive ever posted. Thats something completely fabricated on IU fans part. I didnt include him on my very own, completely made up, doednt even exist, preseason all frosh team in my B1G thread.

I said the B1G was loaded with frosh and hed struggle to shoot. Well, the B1G is loaded with frosh and the kid not only struggles to shoot, he flat out cant shoot.

This has been exaggerated and turned into me wishing ill on his family, saying the kid sucks, or whatever hyperbole suits everyone else.

I mean i predicted the kid would average 15 ppg and would make the postseason all frosh team in the conference. I just didnt include him on my made up team because I thought if he couldnt shoot, hed turn into a one dimensional driver and thats not going to work in conference play.

I dont believe Ive ever posted. Thats something completely fabricated on IU fans part. I didnt include him on my very own, completely made up, doednt even exist, preseason all frosh team in my B1G thread.

I said the B1G was loaded with frosh and hed struggle to shoot. Well, the B1G is loaded with frosh and the kid not only struggles to shoot, he flat out cant shoot.

This has been exaggerated and turned into me wishing ill on his family, saying the kid sucks, or whatever hyperbole suits everyone else.

I mean i predicted the kid would average 15 ppg and would make the postseason all frosh team in the conference. I just didnt include him on my made up team because I thought if he couldnt shoot, hed turn into a one dimensional driver and thats not going to work in conference play.
Uh, so, a link to GBI in YOUR name was fabricated? You've had terrible takes and have been called out for said bad takes. Now, you're doubling down, again, just like with Arizona last year. You would think you'd learn your lesson.

Man, you're getting worse and worse by the day. Are you actually hanging out with Gilligan or do y'all just text/talk on the phone?

Reactions: SloppyHopkins
Wow....A whole 3 years, ago? One of those years include a Big 10 title...The other was Millers first season.

Thats literally one of the most accurate posts Ive ever made. I talk about how I was skeptical of the kids shooting.

Everyone tells me I'm wrong because hes a 5 star recruot or whatever stupid excuse was used then.

Romeo is shooting 52% from the ft line and 2/12 from 3. His shot is absolutely broken so Im rather proud of all that research I did in the offseason proving to be correct.
He was 5-7 from the line vs Marquette. He shot 81% form the line in HS. He will find his shot form the line.
He shot 38% from three in HS. He's adjusting to the game at the college level.
His mid-range game is just fine. MOF, it is really good.
His shot will come. And when it does, well, I expect you to do what you do: Spin, spin, spin.

We are three games into the season. I'd wait a tad longer before patting yourself on the back. I'll take what I've seen this kid do since the 6th grade, over that of three college games.

Reactions: SNU0821
He was 5-7 from the line vs Marquette. He shot 81% form the line in HS. He will find his shot form the line.
He shot 38% from three in HS. He's adjusting to the game at the college level.
His mid-range game is just fine. MOF, it is really good.
His shot will come. And when it does, well, I expect you to do what you do: Spin, spin, spin.

We are three games into the season. I'd wait a tad longer before patting yourself on the back. I'll take what I've seen this kid do since the 6th grade, over that of three college games.

Youd take what you saw outof this kid when he was in sixth grade over his actual college games? Lolwat?

Youd take what you saw outof this kid when he was in sixth grade over his actual college games? Lolwat?
I said, SINCE he was in the 6th grade. In other words, I'm going with what I have seen the past 6/7 years, over a 3 game sample in college.

I said, SINCE he was in the 6th grade. In other words, I'm going with what I have seen the past 6/7 years, over a 3 game sample in college.

I cant tell if youre being serious or trolling.

"Ive seen him score against sixth graders, so I know his college shooting wont be an issue even though his shot is completely broke and he cant make 3s or FTs."

Borden, never change. Lol.

"Ive seen him score against sixth graders, so I know his college shooting wont be an issue even though his shot is completely broke and he cant make 3s or FTs."

Naaah, we know who's trolling here. Sorry, bub. Your "bait" has grown weak. Very weak.

Do you think Romeo ends the season as a 17% shooter?

If you think Romeo is bad, because he "cant shoot ", I cant imagine how bad you think Nojel Eastern is.

I agree about Arkansas but I do think they are going to suck out loud this year. Hell, they weren't very good last year and they had two very good senior scoring guards which are no longer there. Their center is very good but they have almost no other skill on the team.

That said, what time is that game, I may want to watch. Even though we didn't land Romeo, I am still interested in his career (good kid, terrible parents). I would love for VU and IU to meet up in the NCAA Tourney this year.
Game is at 3:30.

Curious---What is it you didn't like about his parents? I've known them for years. Great people.

Uh, think you didn’t understand his post there bub. He said SINCE 6th grade. Lulz.

ADVERTISEMENT