ADVERTISEMENT

Oh well I guess the secret of how good Indiana will be is out...

Keep dancing for me boys.
giphy.gif

Game is at 3:30.

Curious---What is it you didn't like about his parents? I've known them for years. Great people.

Mom is fine (know nothing about her). Dad is exploitive, to say the least.

I'm sure they're nice people though, Romeo sure is.

If IU hasn't been relevant what does that say about Purdue?

Both have the same amount of conference titles the last 20 years (3=3)

Same amount of elite 8s (1=1)

IU has a title game appearance, Purdue hasn't sniffed the final 4 since 1980.(1>0)

And as we all know (5>0)

All of this in the worst coaching stretch in IU's history.

The difference is we fire our coaches for mediocrity, you give them extensions. Don't worry about IU, Archie is the best coaching hire they've made since the early 70s and we all know how that turned out. IU will be just fine.
You only fire your coaches when they are caught cheating, not when they cheat but when they get caught.

Mom is fine (know nothing about her). Dad is exploitive, to say the least.

I'm sure they're nice people though, Romeo sure is.
Romeo is very well grounded. I officiated a few of his HS games. Never once heard him complain. Boast. Not once. I tend to feel kids are an extension of their parents. Its what I tell my son, anyways. Tim has never came off to me like that. But then again, I'm not a college coach, recruiting his son either. Still, it's surprising to hear him described in that sense. His mother is one of the sweetest women, people for that matter, that I know.

The Garlands, I do not know.

Weak foul call. I'm sure Davis is pissed that layup didn't go in, bet he makes that 9 out of 10 times

Really hope Gafford doesn't play like that in Rupp this year.

Dude has very little help, but Bud Walton is not an easy place to play.
If you dont double him, he will. Gaffard is the real deal. But it will take more than that, for Arky to win @ Rupp.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Welp. That was quick
Naaah. W/O a starter in McRoberts. 6th man/starter in Green. Morgan sat out the final 18 minutes of the 1st half with fouls. Phinisee out with fouls as well. Still no Jerome Hunter. Bud Walton is a tough ass place to play. Even with McRoberts/Green, it atill would've have been a tough game. Couple in Gaffard going nuts, and well, you lose.
Not concerned. Today doesn't change my tune on Indiana one bit.

That was a BS foul, and I HATE Indiana.
Naaaah. He(Davis) reached in, after the Arky kid had the ball. That's 5th grade shit. Him reaching in, caused the contact. Not upset with the call.

It depends on how you want the last seconds of a game called. If you want the last second called the same as the first second...then yes, it was a foul. But, if you're like me who hate seeing those types of calls in the last seconds...then no, it shouldn't have been called. We are conditioned today in sports that refs swallow their whistles in these situations.

But either way, it shouldn't have been an issue. It's on IU for blowing that game and no one else!

It depends on how you want the last seconds of a game called. If you want the last second called the same as the first second...then yes, it was a foul. But, if you're like me who hate seeing those types of calls in the last seconds...then no, it shouldn't have been called. We are conditioned today in sports that refs swallow their whistles in these situations.

But either way, it shouldn't have been an issue. It's on IU for blowing that game and no one else!
Should always be called the same, no matter the situation.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne

Should always be called the same, no matter the situation.

Boo

I get what you're saying...and if it had always been like this then I'd agree. But, even though it's not been changed in the rule books, how a game is called at the end has most definitely changed.
Oh yeah, absolutely it has. Most of the time the whistle does get swallowed.

It was a foul. Irregardless of when. And this phrase kills me: "call the game the same in the 1st minute,as you would the last". Well, 95% of the time---it is. Not all contact is the same. Not all of it warrants a foul. That play with Davis? Well it did. Now, you could have a play similar to that...With no whistle. It doesn't mean the game was /is being called different. it just means the contact, which was similar, didn't warrant a whistle. Not all situations are the same. And therefore, they shouldn't be treated as such.

Reactions: mtsuhog85
ADVERTISEMENT