ADVERTISEMENT

Officials in big time sports....

Any fanbase that chants the conference name instead of the team name after what would have been a huge win deserves this. And more.

I hope they have trouble going to sleep.

You are delusional if you don’t think having them have to get drilled by the media won’t make them better. Thanks for confirming why no one takes you seriously when it comes to officials though. Blind defense always. Gtfo
Ok, partner. I worked CBB full-time for 11 years. But you know more than me on how having to possibly face the media, would impact officiating? Really?

If people don't take me seriously---that is on them. Couldn't care less. For the those who don't, its simply b/c they are too emotionally involved. Or the fact that I don't give them the answer they want.

You know----Kinda of like you. I mean, I doubt there has been one single call in this MSU/TT game that has bothered you. And if there was a call that puzzled you, and you asked, and I gave an answer. YOu would more than likely respond with---"Oh, that makes sense". Why? Because you have zero invested.

Facing the media would have ZERO impact on officiating. None.

Reactions: RollTide7277
Go fuxk yourself
giphy.gif

I’m not a fan of conferences, but no one thinks ACC is better than SEC. Virginia is a great program and deserved to be there tonight. Congrats on being there UVA.

What about officials involved in "little time sports"?Laughing SHould the official who took a point from Serena have to hold a press conference? What about the official who gave Woods a two=stroke penalty in the Masters?

Even better---had this non call went in Auburb's favor, would you still feel a press conference is needed?

Jesus...RollLaugh

Also why does the 18-21 year old collegiate player that isn’t getting paid be required by the ncaa to go in front of the media but the paid official by the ncaa gets a pass?

Reactions: GhostVol
Also why does the 18-21 year old collegiate player that isn’t getting paid be required by the ncaa to go in front of the media but the paid official by the ncaa gets a pass?
Because the NCAA will eventually go the way of the NAIA. Still exists but irrelevant. I just hope the new organization is competent.

Because the NCAA will eventually go the way of the NAIA. Still exists but irrelevant. I just hope the new organization is competent.

Agreed. We are just a short time away from the ncaa being told to go pound sand

do the auburn fans that threw items and hit the refs after the game have to face the media too? just asking for a friend.

The tournament is the ONLY time the NCAA pays an official. To me, that is irrelevant.
You and others obsession with officials being required to talk to the media is mind boggling. I have no idea why this is so important. What do you think it solves? I mean, yeah I already heard your theory of---"It would improve officiating". No. No.....No. It would not.
As for a non paid athlete having to meet with the media? That is part of it. Plus, the coaches choose who is made available. So ask the coaches why----Not me.
Not everything is "fair" in life brother. Thats just how things go. And lets stop with the "poor kids" agenda. These players are treated like kings, brother. No they ain't getting "paid". But to an extent, well, they are.

My gut tells me if AU had won, this argument of yours wouldn't exist. Funny how losing a game does this.

They were getting paid to do a job as well?
Explains everything....Official misses a call. So its cool to throw things at them? Really? Man, one can imagine how your kids will, or do, treat officials.

One call, dude. And you wanna keep harping on them for NOT doing their job. Stupid. Its people like you who I'd love to see try and work a CBB game. It would be god damn hilarious.

NAIA is rally no different than the NCAA. Biggest difference is the schools/conference's mandate themselves. Eligibility requirements are less. But as far as officials? All the same. I work in the NAIA as well. Get paid the same way there as I did/do, working NCAA games. Go through the same training. Nothing is different. Rules are damn near the same.

ADVERTISEMENT