ADVERTISEMENT

Officials in big time sports....

Would you be saying this if Auburn won?

Yes. Just like i was saying the saints got screwed when I was cheering for the rams. Something has to be done about officials. It’s well past time for them to be held accountable and have to face the heat directly on

Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81
Isn’t this the type of post you talk shit on Kentucky about?

Judgement calls are part of the game. Yea it’s tough luck but consider that Auburn bailed Jerome out with a foul with 1.5 seconds left at mid court after he just dribbled off of his foot, that is on them. The Saints got jobbed but the great Drew Brees threw up a hideous pick in OT to seal their fate. Breaks are a part of the game, how you take advantage of them or recover from them is what makes champions IMO.

Judgement calls are part of the game. Yea it’s tough luck but consider that Auburn bailed Jerome out with a foul with 1.5 seconds left at mid court after he just dribbled off of his foot, that is on them. The Saints got jobbed but the great Drew Brees threw up a hideous pick in OT to seal their fate. Breaks are a part of the game, how you take advantage of them or recover from them is what makes champions IMO.
That’s not a judgement call???? That was a obvious call. Not a foul or anything. That should be reviewed

That was a blatant violation of the rules. It is not a judgment call

ATTENTION; EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD IS INFRINGING ON UK FANS’ PROPRIETY OF BLAMING OFFICALS! CEASE AND DESIST IMMEDIATELY!

PROMPTLY RETURN TO YOUR PREVIOUS CLAIMS OF ALWAYS FAIR AND FLAWLESS OFFICIATING IN ALL OF YOUR GAMES. OFFICIALS ARE ONLY OUT TO GET UK!

giphy.gif

Reactions: VaultHunter
Yeah if you’re going to say they missed the double dribble then you have to also admit they missed the hand check/reach in that caused the double dribble. Either way Auburn lost and has no real leg to stand on.

Yeah if you’re going to say they missed the double dribble then you have to also admit they missed the hand check/reach in that caused the double dribble. Either way Auburn lost and has no real leg to stand on.
That’s a judgement call. Not a blatant violation of the game

That was a blatant violation of the rules. It is not a judgment call

It was such a blatant violation of the rules that you would have had no idea it was a travel until the literal head of officiating had to explain it to you and if he didnt do that no one would have had any idea it was a travel.

It was such a blatant violation of the rules that you would have had no idea it was a travel until the literal head of officiating had to explain it to you and if he didnt do that no one would have had any idea it was a travel.

Incorrect. Anyone that knows basketball knew what had occurred there. It’s basketball 101

It’s still blatant and not a judgement call

Should have to face the media. Far to much money involved for them to always get a pass.
What about officials involved in "little time sports"?Laughing SHould the official who took a point from Serena have to hold a press conference? What about the official who gave Woods a two=stroke penalty in the Masters?

Even better---had this non call went in Auburb's favor, would you still feel a press conference is needed?

Jesus...RollLaugh

What about officials involved in "little time sports"?Laughing SHould the official who took a point from Serena have to hold a press conference? What about the official who gave Woods a two=stroke penalty in the Masters?

Even better---had this non call went in Auburb's favor, would you still feel a press conference is needed?

Jesus...RollLaugh

I am fine with them all facing the music. Tired of them being able to hide behind not doing their jobs

I am fine with them all facing the music. Tired of them being able to hide behind not doing their jobs
Ok...You have zero idea what goes on with officials. None. Nadda. How they are graded. How they advance. The consequences that could, and probably will come with that ONE----ONE, missed call. Never mind the 10 he got right. That is the issue with sore losers, though. They feel if they don't get an explanation, then no action, or consequence follows. But it does. I bet you that Pearl was given a statement from the head of officials, followed with an apology,within an hour of the game ending. That is deserved. And that is the ONLY dude that is due an explanation. Not you....Not the rest of CBB. Not ESPN. And certainly no one on here.

And the "not doing their jobs" is as an ignorant of a statement as there is. He missed a call. Maybe two. He got probably 7-8, or more right. But because he misses a critical call, he's not doing his job?

Stupid. Until folks realize games are being officiated by human beings----THis will go on forever.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Ok...You have zero idea what goes on with officials. None. Nadda. How they are graded. How they advance. The consequences that could, and probably will come with that ONE----ONE, missed call. Never mind the 10 he got right. That is the issue with sore losers, though. They feel if they don't get an explanation, then no action, or consequence follows. But it does. I bet you that Pearl was given a statement from the head of officials, followed with an apology,within an hour of the game ending. That is deserved. And that is the ONLY dude that is due an explanation. Not you....Not the rest of CBB. Not ESPN. And certainly no one on here.

And the "not doing their jobs" is as an ignorant of a statement as there is. He missed a call. Maybe two. He got probably 7-8, or more right. But because he misses a critical call, he's not doing his job?

Stupid. Until folks realize games are being officiated by human beings----THis will go on forever.

If you require them to face the media i guarantee you will see an improvement in officiating. Just them knowing they will have to get questioned publically will make them better officials. True accountability often produces results. The missed call in the nfc championship and today’s game are simply calls that cannot be missed

If you require them to face the media i guarantee you will see an improvement in officiating. Just them knowing they will have to get questioned publically will make them better officials. True accountability often produces results. The missed call in the nfc championship and today’s game are simply calls that cannot be missed
How long are you going to continue to cry? A missed free throw started this whole thing. Go cry about your man who missed a free throw UNREAL

Reactions: UNC71-00
Read the first sentence....Answer is no. But hey, lets pretend:

Media: "Borden, can you explain what happened when the UVA player double dribble, and why you didn't make the call"?

Me: Well, I tell ya what...Its a fast game. High level. Intense. You are so focued on certain situations, that sometimes a play blows up, and you miss it.

Media: So you are saying you missed the call?

Me: Pretty sure you saw the same replay I did.

Media: Speaking of the replay, it seemed pretty obvious. So how does an official of your lvel miss that?

Me: I answered that already.

Interview ends.

I move one. It changes nadda. I missed the call because that happens. Giving a God damn interview isn't going to change the fact that I am human, and will miss calls.

Next year I wil call roughly 70-80 games.. Probably will miss somewhere around 100 calls, or so; 2 or so a game...Who knows. You think me having to give an exaplanation, changes that? Are you fvcking stupid?

How long are you going to continue to cry? A missed free throw started this whole thing. Go cry about your man who missed a free throw UNREAL

Yawn. uK fanboys still complain today about specific officiating from 25 years ago. Gtfo

Read the first sentence....Answer is no. But hey, lets pretend:

Media: "Borden, can you explain what happened when the UVA player double dribble, and why you didn't make the call"?

Me: Well, I tell ya what...Its a fast game. High level. Intense. You are so focued on certain situations, that sometimes a play blows up, and you miss it.

Media: So you are saying you missed the call?

Me: Pretty sure you saw the same replay I did.

Media: Speaking of the replay, it seemed pretty obvious. So how does an official of your lvel miss that?

Me: I answered that already.

Interview ends.

I move one. It changes nadda. I missed the call because that happens. Giving a God damn interview isn't going to change the fact that I am human, and will miss calls.

Next year I wil call roughly 70-80 games.. Probably will miss somewhere around 100 calls, or so; 2 or so a game...Who knows. You think me having to give an exaplanation, changes that? Are you fvcking stupid?

You are delusional if you don’t think having them have to get drilled by the media won’t make them better. Thanks for confirming why no one takes you seriously when it comes to officials though. Blind defense always. Gtfo

ADVERTISEMENT