ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are proving my mount. If Mike Smith and Eli Brooks aren’t even consider “solid” outside of playing with an elite front court then that’s a high bar for an Smith and Loyer.
Not really. Mike Smith & Eli Brooks were clearly a solid backcourt. It’s just part of UM’s team build they didn’t need either of them to go off for 20+ every night.

& Purdue will have an elite front court anyway with Edey, Furst, Kaufman, Gillis

No offense but I’ll trust Purdue’s coaching staff over your personal opinion.

And a PG that started for three years, took care of the ball, shot 40+% from 3 all three of those seasons, was a team leader and is still on staff in some capacity to this day & won 83 games in those 3 years he started? Oh the horror.

yeah, I’d think I’d take another P.J. Thompson.
It’s fine for you to trust Painter on this one, but he has had some misses during his career with similar players.

You may take another PJ Thompson, but those players will never get you to a National Championship.

Your 1-3 in 22 won’t be great if Ivey leaves.

IT/Smith
Newman/Loyer
Morton/Waddell

They are all good shooters. That’s their trait. Non of them are great athletes. Smith and Waddell specifically are reaches.

Would you guys seriously be pumped about having another PJ Thompson?

IU fans would be thrilled to have had a guy like PJ who could you know? Hit a 3 consistently? Lol.

It’s fine for you to trust Painter on this one, but he has had some misses during his career with similar players.

You may take another PJ Thompson, but those players will never get you to a National Championship.

IT/Smith
Newman/Loyer
Morton/Waddell

Who has he missed on guard wise besides Weatherford?

IT/Smith
Newman/Loyer
Morton/Waddell
Kihei Clark was the starting PG for a Virginia team that just recently won. Like I said earlier, it’s dumb to be dogmatic on what can/can’t work

PJ Thompson would not help us win more games. He was a below average defender.

Hart
Weatherford
Isaiah Thompson
Waddell
Smith
Should we list your dumpster fire of a squad over the years?

edit: lol…he listed dudes that havent played yet. So desperate.

Kihei Clark was the starting PG for a Virginia team that just recently won. Like I said earlier, it’s dumb to be dogmatic on what can/can’t work
Lol you used 1 example. I hope you continue to recruit players like Smith and Waddell. Definitely better than recruiting players like Newman, Ivey, Kaufman, and Furst.

You’re making a good point but Kihei Clark fvcking stinks at basketball
😂 ah he’s not so bad but clearly not meant to be a lead guy for any team. But as freshman he gave that Virginia team what they needed. 3/1 assist to turnover, played good D, shot well from three and the foul line.

But yeah, just making a point lol

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
Lol you used 1 example. I hope you continue to recruit players like Smith and Waddell. Definitely better than recruiting players like Newman, Ivey, Kaufman, and Furst.

tenor.gif

Reactions: boilerzz
😂 ah he’s not so bad but clearly not meant to be a lead guy for any team. But as freshman he gave that Virginia team what they needed. 3/1 assist to turnover, played good D, shot well from three and the foul line.

Clark frosh year >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lander

not…even…fcking…close…

Edit: Lander the worst 5* since Tamar Goodman. Sht, he was net negative, worse than a walk on.

Yeah my opinion of him is for sure clouded by this last season. I don’t mind UVA’s style of play, but they were a step back defensively last year and made their style way more irritating and he was often the target of my ire. I know he’s actually fine.

Reactions: otte21
Clark frosh year >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lander

not…even…fcking…close…

Edit: Lander the worst 5* since Tamar Goodman. Sht, he was net negative, worse than a walk on.
Please stop being a lunatic.

I’m not trying to get into a debate about Purdue and IU.

Also…IU thinks they have a shot at Washington. Ho Lee Sht…LOL…

Lander was clearly awful last year. I’ve never said he wasn’t. It’s not relevant at all to the comment I made.
Glad we agree. He fcking sucks. Competing for worst 5* ever. At least guys like Clark and Thompson are serviceable. Lander is unplayable.

Glad we agree. He fcking sucks. Competing for worst 5* ever. At least guys like Clark and Thompson are seeviceable. Lander is unplayable.
Again, still not relevant. The school I went to / team I root for doesn’t invalidate any opinion I have on college basketball. Me saying I don’t like Kihei Clark is not by proxy building up players on IU.

Again, still not relevant. The school I went to / team I root for doesn’t invalidate any opinion I have on college basketball. Me saying I don’t like Kihei Clark is not by proxy building up players on IU.
Ive got nothing against you, but unfortunately you have douchelords that troll here and we will attack back with facts, which is that IU has been a complete dumpster fire (LOL no one even tried to dispute it). It is what it is. Sorry that your program has been grade A sht.

Damn....make one post and go play golf. And come back to three pages of this shit.

Yay me!

Reactions: IUBtown
The off season does some funny things to normally level headed posters. For fvcks sake Vulva is literally sounding like bwesty.

Yep, just like TJD.
LOL…if only we had Brian and all the folks claiming no decision made and Purdue having a great chance the week before the TJD announcement. The week Kauffman announced was the most entertaining ever. Showed how incompetent your “insiders” are.

LOL…if only we had Brian and all the folks claiming no decision made and Purdue having a great chance the week before the TJD announcement. The week Kauffman announced was the most entertaining ever. Showed how incompetent your “insiders” are.
Sounds like Brian during the final days of the Armaan Franklin recruitment.

Sounds like Brian during the final days of the Armaan Franklin recruitment.
So Franklin personally called and committed a week in advance? LOL.

edit: the best part is that he ditched out the first chance he could. Hahahahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT