ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think people be drafted below their rivals rankings means they were overrated. Ayo needing 3 years to make the NBA and going 38th despite being ranked 30th in his class doesn’t mean he was overrated.
The very top guys in their own class, especially the ones that get drafted one and done, are pretty easy to compare which ones are over ranked in terms of draft stock versus rankings in high school.

The 6th best player should be a player that will end up being drafted at or near 6.

The very top guys in their own class, especially the ones that get drafted one and done, are pretty easy to compare which ones are over ranked in terms of draft stock versus rankings in high school.

The 6th best player should be a player that will end up being drafted at or near 6.

Ayo being ranked 30th in 2018 but not making it to the NBA until after his junior year and being drafted 38th = not overrated.

Caleb Houstan ranked 6th and drafted 10th after his freshman year… “overrated!”.

never change, Gilligan.

Last edited:
Ayo being ranked 30th in 2018 but not making it to the NBA until after his junior year and being drafted 38th = overrated.

Caleb Houstan ranked 6th and drafted 10th after his freshman year… “overrated!”.

never change, Gilligan.
Ayo being ranked 30th in 2018 but not making it to the NBA until after his junior year and being drafted 38th = overrated.

never change, Gilligan.
If you can’t see the difference, I don’t know what to tell you.

GM’s are expected to hit on their picks at #6 in a draft.

Drafting around the 25 to 60 range is a crap shoot, especially the NBA.

Houstan isn’t that level player and shouldn’t have been rated that high. The mock drafts at 4 are even worse. I’d be in denial if I was you too.

If you can’t see the difference, I don’t know what to tell you.

GM’s are expected to hit on their picks at #6 in a draft.

Drafting around the 25 to 60 range is a crap shoot, especially the NBA.

Houstan isn’t that level player and shouldn’t have been rated that high. The mock drafts at 4 are even worse. I’d be in denial if I was you too.

Never change

Does the NBA only draft one class of players? I'm confused how this is a legit thought.

Reactions: VulvHa and jwardelt
Idk if you know this @hailtoyourvictor but guys that are elite shooters from three and good at entry passes when you have elite bigs are pretty damn valuable.

or can we only brag about sick dunks?

Does the NBA only draft one class of players? I'm confused how this is a legit thought.
The very top of drafts are freshmen. To argue otherwise is illogical.

For example in the last 5 years of the top 8 draft picks, 6 total picks have been non-freshmen. 4 of those are sophomores and 2 are juniors.

Only 2 top 5 picks haven’t been a freshman. Ja Morant at 2 and De’andre Hunter at 4, both in 2019.

Lots of “experts” on this thread. Some have been watching basketball upwards of 8 years.😂 They do have incredible insight when it comes to player rankings though.
zeb9KYT.jpg

Nahhh you're probably right. Passing probably isn't that important in basketball.
To be fair, last year Purdue fans were raving about Morton because he is supposedly a good passer. It didn’t matter to them that he performed poorly in all other categories in AAU. Morton’s passing ability didn’t exactly help him perform very well last year.

To be fair, last year Purdue fans were raving about Morton because he is supposedly a good passer. It didn’t matter to them that he performed poorly in all other categories in AAU. Morton’s passing ability didn’t exactly help him perform very well last year.
He was a freshman in a COVID year with mono. Mathias didn’t really “break out” until his junior year. I see him being a Mathias type of player without the elite shooting. Just a guy that makes a team better.

You’d get blasted if you bragged about entry passes here.

• Love
Reactions: NC_Trojan10
He was a freshman in a COVID year with mono. Mathias didn’t really “break out” until his junior year. I see him being a Mathias type of player without the elite shooting. Just a guy that makes a team better.
What was Mathias without elite shooting? Morton is closer to Nojel from 3 than he is Mathias. Morton will once again ride the pine this year. Not sure he sticks around after that.

Sasha striking fear into the hearts of everyone with the way he entry passes. Those 2.6 assists per game are sick.
It isn’t meant to be a sick brag dude. You’re making more of it than it is. He isn’t Chris Paul. My comment was simply to point out he does more than a Matt Roth and stand in the corner just to shoot the ball.

You’d get blasted if you bragged about entry passes here.
not really, Lord knows TJD could use a good shooter/entry passer

What was Mathias without elite shooting? Morton is closer to Nojel from 3 than he is Mathias. Morton will once again ride the pine this year. Not sure he sticks around after that.
Mathias was a good basketball player. Ball handling/passing/defense/decision making besides his shooting.

Mathias was a good basketball player. Ball handling/passing/defense/decision making besides his shooting.
And yet if he shot 20% from 3 he wouldn’t have been playing very much. Morton isn’t a good ball handler. He isn’t a good defender. He isn’t good going to the rim. Allegedly he’s a good passer and a good decision maker. That won’t get him very far.

What would Nojel Eastern been without great defense?

It isn’t meant to be a sick brag dude. You’re making more of it than it is. He isn’t Chris Paul. My comment was simply to point out he does more than a Matt Roth and stand in the corner just to shoot the ball.

Does he also dribble the ball?

And yet if he shot 20% from 3 he wouldn’t have been playing very much. Morton isn’t a good ball handler. He isn’t a good defender. He isn’t good going to the rim. Allegedly he’s a good passer and a good decision maker. That won’t get him very far.

What would Nojel Eastern been without great defense?
Mathias made Purdue better even when he wasn't shooting well, period. Morton is a good ball handler (wtf? he was the one guy that looked good against the Clemson press early in the year when he just came back from mono and Hunter/Ivey were out even). I think you're judging a lot from a weird freshman year. If he isn't a solid contributor by his junior year, I will eat my words.

Mathias made Purdue better even when he wasn't shooting well, period. Morton is a good ball handler (wtf? he was the one guy that looked good against the Clemson press early in the year when he just came back from mono and Hunter/Ivey were out even). I think you're judging a lot from a weird freshman year. If he isn't a solid contributor by his junior year, I will eat my words.
Mathias was a threat even if he wasn’t hitting because everyone knows he’s an elite shooter. Morton got the Nojel treatment where no one had to guard him from 3.

No one on your team was good against the Clemson press. Morton had 3 turnovers. Morton recently said in an interview when asked about being a PG that he would bring the ball up unless the other team applied pressure. He proved to be exactly what I (and anyone else who watched him in AAU) thought he would be. You can blame it on mono, that’s fine. He will prove me right once again this year.

Does he also dribble the ball?
Yes, he actually does! I love how you're mocking the entry pass thing even though it's the most difficult pass in basketball lol Guy in your face? Helpside on the backside? Defender fronting him? Left or right shoulder? Bounce pass or up top? Should you pass it at all or just swing it back/ skip pass/ drive the ball? Or take a dribble or two to the left or right to get a better angle?

But as always, you're right Hail. I'll wait until he dunks a ball in a game to brag about him.

Mathias was a threat even if he wasn’t hitting because everyone knows he’s an elite shooter. Morton got the Nojel treatment where no one had to guard him from 3.

No one on your team was good against the Clemson press. Morton had 3 turnovers. Morton recently said in an interview when asked about being a PG that he would bring the ball up unless the other team applied pressure. He proved to be exactly what I (and anyone else who watched him in AAU) thought he would be. You can blame it on mono, that’s fine. He will prove me right once again this year.
Okay Trojan.

• Haha
Yes, he actually does! I love how you're mocking the entry pass thing even though it's the most difficult pass in basketball lol Guy in your face? Helpside on the backside? Defender fronting him? Left or right shoulder? Bounce pass or up top? Should you pass it at all or just swing it back/ skip pass/ drive the ball? Or take a dribble or two to the left or right to get a better angle?

But as always, you're right Hail. I'll wait until he dunks a ball in a game to brag about him.

I’m sold. Stud. I can’t wait for the entry pass event at the nba all star weekend.

Damn why y'all gotta shit on Matt Roth for no reason. Purdue posters would have a line to suck off a 55% 3pt shooter for a year and then post all off season about it.

Damn why y'all gotta shit on Matt Roth for no reason. Purdue posters would have a line to suck off a 55% 3pt shooter for a year and then post all off season about it.
Matt Roth didn’t even lead that team in 3pt % …. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT