ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite thing to do was to take a core class on Thursday night. It lasted 2.5 hours but was only one day a week. Great idea until Thursday night came along. I would always show up for the class...but then the teacher would give us a 10 minute break. I would just leave and start drinking with my friends.

College took me 5.5 years...

My favorite thing to do was to take a core class on Thursday night. It lasted 2.5 hours but was only one day a week. Great idea until Thursday night came along. I would always show up for the class...but then the teacher would give us a 10 minute break. I would just leave and start drinking with my friends.

Took me 5.5 years. But that's because I hated thermodynamics. Took a few times to get a D in that damn class. I probably shouldn't have skipped it so much.

Reactions: cmore79
Took me 5.5 years. But that's because I hated thermodynamics. Took a few times to get a D in that damn class. I probably shouldn't have skipped it so much.
Calculus was my enemy. I dropped it several times. 5 days a week 8am classes should be banned.

Reactions: jwardelt
Bad at calculus?

I guess PChem and thermodynamics are pretty much the same thing?

One of my buddies was a chem major and he struggled big time with PChem. I didn't know much about chem but I was able to help him with his PChem home works because they were basically just calculus.

That was exactly my first semester. I still have my first and second semester schedules saved, so I can look back on them and wonder what the hell my advisor was thinking. My second semester's Wednesdays were nightmares because I'd always get midterms slotted in my dinner time, and I'd be pulling a 12-hr day with only a 1-hr lunch break.

First Semester:
MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
8 amEngineering Graphics and DesignEngineering Graphics and Design
9 amMicro EconMicro EconMicro Econ
10 amCalc 1PhysicsCalc 1
11 amEngineering Graphics and DesignEngineering Graphics and Design
12 amChem 1Chem 1Physics
1 pmCalc 1Calc 1Micro Econ
2 pmChem 1 LabChem 1Chem 1
3 pmChem 1 LabEngineering OrientationEngineering Orientation
4 pmChem 1 LabTheoretical and applied mechanics
5 pmTheoretical and applied mechanics

Second Semester:

MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
9 amPrinciples of CompositionChem 2Principles of CompositionChem 2Principles of Composition
10 am
Physics 2
11 amChem 2 LabPhysics 2
12 pmChem 2 Lab
1 pmPhysics 2Chem 2 LabPhysics 2
2 pmPhysics 2
3 pmChem 2Chem 2
4 pmCalc 2Calc 2Calc 2
5 pm
6 pm
7 pmPhysics 2 Lab
8 pmPhysics 2 Lab
Definitely looks brutal. Idk about you but you couldn’t pay me enough to repeat my freshman year. Legit miserable. Did lead me to discover my love of coffee though.

Bad at calculus?

One of my buddies was a chem major and he struggled big time with PChem. I didn't know much about chem but I was able to help him with his PChem home works because they were basically just calculus.
I was fine w/ calc, for the most part. Thermo was my kryptonite. Chem 1 and Chem 2 weren't bad.

Bad at calculus?

Pchem was awful, probably the worst chem class I had to take at Purdue. Didn't help that one of the 3 weekly classes was at like 9 or 10 am on a Friday when I would go out drinking on Thursday nights. Luckily my pchem teacher was chill and I made it through on the first try.

Reactions: buckymel
It’s amazing that there are majors where this possibility exists. We didn’t have that sort of flexibility.
Well I’m semi-******ed and my major definitely wasn’t that difficult, but honestly having one or two online classes a semester always helped. And I had to max out on credit hours to graduate on time. 18+ my final four semesters. It worked out. Just loaded up on Tuesday Thursday power hours. Brutal.

Reactions: Jaycg15
I was fine w/ calc, for the most part. Thermo was my kryptonite. Chem 1 and Chem 2 weren't bad.
I was lucky to have a great thermo professor that laid out the material well. I still hate looking through tables though. General Relativity was the coolest class I took outside of Quantum Mechanics. Both started getting too abstract for comprehension, but it was extremely interesting to me.

Reactions: jwardelt

Took me 5.5 years too + Uncle Sam cost me a year sending me to the desert (Army Reserves).

I realized after I got back from Saudi that going straight to exams from all night poker games was a bad idea. The alcohol fog kept me from realizing that sooner.

Reactions: cmore79
Because it’s obvious Loyer is the better player. Why is Loyer a weak prospect? Guessing you would’ve said the same thing about Mathias/Cline/Sasha.
If shooting is the only thing you consider, then I would agree Loyer is the better prospect. Who is the better defender? Who projects to be better going to the basket in college?

Yes, I would have said the same thing about those 3 players. With the exception of Mathias in his later years, they are big time defensive liabilities.

If shooting is the only thing you consider, then I would agree Loyer is the better prospect. Who is the better defender? Who projects to be better going to the basket in college?

Yes, I would have said the same thing about those 3 players. With the exception of Mathias in his later years, they are big time defensive liabilities.
LOL an IU fan talking about defense…

Reactions: joe for prez

I agree Gunn is the better defender. Loyer is much better all-around on offense though. Isn’t just a shooter.

I agree Gunn is the better defender. Loyer is much better all-around on offense though. Isn’t just a shooter.
And you think he projects that way in college when he is physically inferior to everyone else on the court? IMO, Gunn’s ceiling is higher as a 3 and D player while Loyer is a Sasha and Cline clone. And once again, I’m not even very high on Gunn. I could see him transfer out after his first year.

Honestly it’s pretty amazing that according to @NC_Trojan10 IU can continue to pull in better recruits, have better talent on the roster, & view Painter as an equal to Tom Crean as a coach and yet somehow Purdue has been the better program for the last decade plus.

Something isn’t adding up right there.

Honestly it’s pretty amazing that according to @NC_Trojan10 IU can continue to pull in better recruits, have better talent on the roster, & view Painter as an equal to Tom Crean as a coach and yet somehow Purdue has been the better program for the last decade plus.

4fe.gif

Where did I say Crean was a better coach? You are reaching.

If you are expecting a good take from him that’s on you brother…

How the **** did Dalano Banton get taken over Aaron Henry. I literally didn’t know he existed all season.

Reactions: RutgHoops
How the **** did Dalano Banton get taken over Aaron Henry. I literally didn’t know he existed all season.
Wiggins and Henry are better shooters and defenders at the next level.

It’s mystifying some NBA GM’s have a job at all, let alone at the highest level.

Where did I say Crean was a better coach? You are reaching.
You’re on the Hoosier rivals site saying Crean is a better recruiter, developer of talent, and had close to the same accomplishments at IU that Painter has had at Purdue.

your words, not mine.

You’re on the Hoosier rivals site saying Crean is a better recruiter, developer of talent, and had close to the same accomplishments at IU that Painter has had at Purdue.

your words, not mine.
He's not exactly wrong, but Crean's also a garbage game coach and awful to deal with.

He's not exactly wrong, but Crean's also a garbage game coach and awful to deal with.
He's a better recruiter in the terms of getting a guy that's more highly-rated. He's not better in terms of identifying guys, developing, coaching in-game or pre-game. You take Painter out of Purdue, and he's probably better at every facet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT