ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

Playing through adversity impressed me. Didn’t fold up after a couple of bad calls the way they did vs Cincy in the LEO days.

Rourke created and recognized the matchups he wanted in pre snap motion and made the plays.
Roughing the passer call still has me fuming...Not sure what the kid is supposed to do?

Second targeting call I was ok with, TBH....You just cant do that.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Roughing the passer call still has me fuming...Not sure what the kid is supposed to do?

Second targeting call I was ok with, TBH....You just cant do that.
IU had 24 Pressures and 17 of Garber's 29 drop backs were Pressured.

Two Roughing calls, the first Walker had a hand up to block the pass and his arm made slight contact with Garber's helmet. The second roughing call was Carr making a clean hit on Garber, but was flagged for landing on top of him. If you look at the side replay...Carr's knees landed first so it wasn't full body impact. Both calls made for technical reasons, but neither met the full standard IMO.

The two targeting calls...start with the second, I agree with you Ponds was rung up legitimately IMO with the shoulder smash to the receiver. The first was West on the first play of H2. Garber fumbles and both he and West go for the ball. West's crown makes incidental contact with garber and he gets rung up. Horrible call. To add salt...the refs picked up a targeting call on UCLA receiver who did exactly what Ponds did when IU intercepted Garber.

The holding calls all looked legit and C3//Bostad need to get that cleaned up.

They need to get the targeting rules figured out. Ejection is far too punative for a crown but inadvertant contact.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Some of you all should jump over on the football board too if you want to talk football. It’s a pretty fun group. Some of you may get called “homos”, but it’s a pretty fun group.

IU had 24 Pressures and 17 of Garber's 29 drop backs were Pressured.

Two Roughing calls, the first Walker had a hand up to block the pass and his arm made slight contact with Garber's helmet. The second roughing call was Carr making a clean hit on Garber, but was flagged for landing on top of him. If you look at the side replay...Carr's knees landed first so it wasn't full body impact. Both calls made for technical reasons, but neither met the full standard IMO.

The two targeting calls...start with the second, I agree with you Ponds was rung up legitimately IMO with the shoulder smash to the receiver. The first was West on the first play of H2. Garber fumbles and both he and West go for the ball. West's crown makes incidental contact with garber and he gets rung up. Horrible call. To add salt...the refs picked up a targeting call on UCLA receiver who did exactly what Ponds did when IU intercepted Garber.

The holding calls all looked legit and C3//Bostad need to get that cleaned up.

They need to get the targeting rules figured out. Ejection is far too punative for a crown but inadvertant contact.
Don Fischer was on 1070 The Fan today and said that he heard a strong rumor that the B10 is rescinding the targeting penalty that CJ West has to sit out the 1st half Saturday vs Charlotte. We'll see how that works out but would be encouraged if that proves to be true. Not much can be done about the horrendous RTP call against Carr but have to believe that IU sent that tape to B10 as well. Officials need to be held accountable for crappy calls.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
GXsepsuXQAEduTJ

UCLA at #2!? Katz must be on drugs.

Also Indiana at #7 seems crazy low. I'd have them in my top 5, nationally. Feel like Maryland needs to be in there, as well.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Swimming.

Btw Pasadena was an awesome experience. I suggest you all go when your team plays there.
Nice. Not the biggest fan of LA, but definitely looking forward to hitting these west coast spots for Purdue games (especially since the flight from Denver is a breeze).

Reactions: Sparty_57
Congrats on the Sisley commit IU fans. Young man has some substance to him and I thought he'd be a better fit in black and gold but it's so tough for Purdue to pull someone from southern Indiana who grew up an IU fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: eddy4iu
Woody lands Trent Sisley (MVA) a 3 that can shoot as anticipated after his most recent of many visits along with fellow recruits Reibe a 5 who many believe a KU lean and Mullins a 1/2 who's power offer list has exploded.

Haralson now set to decide tomorrow between IU, ND and MSU. The most versatile of the three as a potential 1/2/3.

Lots of IU fans want both Mullins and Haralson but I wonder how they all fit.

Woody lands Trent Sisley (MVA) a 3 that can shoot as anticipated after his most recent of many visits along with fellow recruits Reibe a 5 who many believe a KU lean and Mullins a 1/2 who's power offer list has exploded.

Haralson now set to decide tomorrow between IU, ND and MSU. The most versatile of the three as a potential 1/2/3.

Lots of IU fans want both Mullins and Haralson but I wonder how they all fit.
Mullins trims his list to mega offers Indiana, Uconn and NC.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting

Congrats on the Sisley commit IU fans. Young man has some substance to him and I thought he'd be a better fit in black and gold but it's so tough for Purdue to pull someone from southern Indiana who grew up an IU fan.
Surprising the recruitment lasted as long as it did tbh. Painter clearly gave him a lot to think about but that one was always likely to end in IU’s favor.

Reactions: boilerzz
Tip of the cap to Shrewsberry. Dude can coach and recruit. My guess is he’ll be at a blueblood in the next 5-10 years.

Tough to lose Haralson, but glad he is not with Izzo. Interesting move by ND, we will see what they can create. Shrewsberry can coach, interesting guy to keep an eye on.

Time to double down on Mullins and Reibe.

Reactions: eddy4iu
Damn, we got an old ass team lol.

Parker Fox - 7th year Sr.
Tyler Cochran - 6th year Sr.
Lu'Cye Patterson - 5th year Sr.
Mike Mitchell jr - Sr.
Femi Odukale - 5th year Sr.
Trey Edmonds - Sr.
Brennan Rigsby - Sr.
Frank Mitchell - RS Jr.
Dawson Garcia - 5th year Sr.
Isaac Asuma - Frosh