ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

Is that why he was fired by the Cavs?

Never really kept up on that tbh
Yeah the players stopped listening to him after he told them they were playing like thugs (he claims he said slugs). That was the final nail in the coffin.

@MGO2022

Better get Beilien back, if you guys are gonna be this cheap
I mean, we just gave Caleb Love 700k so…
Dickinson is lying, he was getting 200k, no we weren’t going to give him the 4 mil Kansas gave him, but really he’s only whining about not getting NIL money because he knows he won’t make any money in the nba.

I mean, we just gave Caleb Love 700k so…
Dickinson is lying, he was getting 200k, no we weren’t going to give him the 4 mil Kansas gave him, but really he’s only whining about not getting NIL money because he knows he won’t make any money in the nba.
You gave 700k to Chucker McGee? What a waste😂

Lol at Dickinson making 4 mil tho. Unless you are saying he’s getting 1.5 mil a year with bonuses on top that could equal 4 million by the end of next year.

Still seems odd that he’d make that 6 figure comment if there wasn’t any truth behind it.

Yeah the players stopped listening to him after he told them they were playing like thugs (he claims he said slugs). That was the final nail in the coffin.
That’s rough. I kinda believe Beilien‘s side of the story though

You gave 700k to Chucker McGee? What a waste😂

Lol at Dickinson making 4 mil tho. Unless you are saying he’s getting 1.5 mil a year with bonuses on top that could equal 4 million by the end of next year.

Still seems odd that he’d make that 6 figure comment if there wasn’t any truth behind it.

That’s rough. I kinda believe Beilien‘s side of the story though
2 million a year for 2 years. He’ll be getting paid even if leaves school after this year. He may have only been getting less than six figures from the UM NIL collective but he was getting money from any number of deals. Either way, no athlete at Michigan is getting 2 mil a year. I guess I don’t blame him for taking the bigger check, but the average person prolly isn’t going to feel sorry for someone who was getting paid to play college basketball on top of getting free tuition and board. Maybe if people see how trash this years’s basketball team is going to be, there will be better payouts, but at the moment all the big NIL payouts go to football players

Beilein was one of college basketball’s hood guys and a great coach at the college level. I’m not surprised it didn’t workout in the nba, but honestly nba players are a bunch of spoiled divas. College type coaching doesn’t have a long history of being successful in the nba

We gave Race Thompson 500k so not sure what that makes IU.
57f97c20-6545-4e4a-ad7b-19c278ec4a99_text.gif

700k for Caleb Love seems really stupid.
Yeah it reeks of desperation but honestly so would throwing multi-millions at Hunter so his vagina would stop aching about how much money he thinks he’s entitled to and stick around. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: cmore79
Last I heard, Minnesota is offering a fishing license, a voucher for a free Juicy Lucy(not including taxes) and some Tator Tot Hotdish for it's NIL deals.
Does that beat cheese curds, Johnsonville brats, and miller lite for life?

These things can be very fluid, but I'll be surprised if it's not KU, based on what I'm hearing. I expect an announcement before the end of the week.
I won't pretend to have any sources just cause I read message boards but IU basically has a lot of points and money to offer. Just odd to see him decommit from Duke and commit to Kansas with plenty of mouths to feed already. IU was his last visit. Logic still says Kansas but we'll see.

Going 2 decades without making past the first weekend of the tournament seems like the definition of poverty.
Losing your best player because you can’t afford him on a team that’s woefully underperformed the last two seasons for a coach whose seat is getting hot isn’t poverty?

Poverty is a state or condition in which one lacks the financial resources and essentials for a certain standard of living.

Enjoy Caleb Love spraying the ball while you miss the tournament again, Richie Rich.

I won't pretend to have any sources just cause I read message boards but IU basically has a lot of points and money to offer. Just odd to see him decommit from Duke and commit to Kansas with plenty of mouths to feed already. IU was his last visit. Logic still says Kansas but we'll see.

I’m pretty sure he’d be the starter at the 4 for KU and get plenty of minutes and shot attempts.

KU’s starting to develop a rep as an NIL destination. But more importantly, their sponsors are keeping their promises and paying up, while many others aren’t delivering even close to what was promised.

Losing your best player because you can’t afford him on a team that’s woefully underperformed the last two seasons for a coach whose seat is getting hot isn’t poverty?

Poverty is a state or condition in which one lacks the financial resources and essentials for a certain standard of living.

Enjoy Caleb Love spraying the ball while you miss the tournament again, Richie Rich.
Poverty is going decades without being able to make it past the first weekend in the tournament. Even Michigan, a school where basketball is maybe the third or fourth priority sports wise has made a couple of national championship appearances over that time. Even Juwan as shitty as he is has managed an elite 8 appearance.

Last edited:

Poverty is going decades without being able to make it past the first weekend in the tournament. Even Michigan, a school where basketball is maybe the third or fourth priority sports wise has made a couple of national championship appearances over that time. Even Juwan as shitty as he is has managed an elite 8 appearance.
giphy.gif

I’m pretty sure he’d be the starter at the 4 for KU and get plenty of minutes and shot attempts.

KU’s starting to develop a rep as an NIL destination. But more importantly, their sponsors are keeping their promises and paying up, while many others aren’t delivering even close to what was promised.
It won’t shock me if he chooses Kansas over IU but I would be surprised if it’s due solely to NIL. This is a team that was paying race Thompson mid 6 figures last year, there’s NIL money available. That being said, having the chance to play for Bill Self and a proven elite team is a little more attractive than playing for IU in its current state. Hopefully IU can sell him on being their number 1 option

Reactions: texanhoosier1982
It won’t shock me if he chooses Kansas over IU but I would be surprised if it’s due solely to NIL. This is a team that was paying race Thompson mid 6 figures last year, there’s NIL money available. That being said, having the chance to play for Bill Self and a proven elite team is a little more attractive than playing for IU in its current state. Hopefully IU can sell him on being their number 1 option

In a lot of cases, there's a huge difference between the NIL money that was promised and what was delivered. I think there are a lot of BS numbers flying around too.

What in the fvck are you talking about?

What in the fvck are you talking about?
Basketball isn’t the number one concern in Ann Arbor. Never has, never will. I just pray that our program doesn’t slide into what it became from 1999-08

ADVERTISEMENT