ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanna trade?
I wish.

One part of me wants to get excited about the guard and forward experience returning and guys like Jaden Akins getting a bigger role, and then another part of me remembers we have a foul machine and a freshman big who’s body is closer to mine than that of a Big Ten center at our 5. And we play in the same conference as Zach Edey, Hunter Dickinson, and TJD.

I wish.

One part of me wants to get excited about the guard and forward experience returning and guys like Jaden Akins getting a bigger role, and then another part of me remembers we have a foul machine and a freshman big who’s body is closer to mine than that of a Big Ten center at our 5. And we play in the same conference as Zach Edey, Hunter Dickinson, and TJD.
Is msu done in the portal? Are they not bringing in a big?

Who are you guys working on?
I think UM has a good shot at Grandison if he doesn’t pick Duke. Decent shot at Akot. Good shot at Baker if they aren’t going to land either of those 2. Long shot at Nance.

Emoni is begging if UM gets desperate and decides to roll the dice.

That’s all I know of for sure but there are probably some others they are working on. Not much leaks from UM’s staff.

Reactions: cmore79
It would be so weird to see Grandison on Michigan. Totally understand why he’d move on - we’re jam packed at his position - but I loved him as a player.

We had to watch Spike Albrecht at Purdue and some others so I know what you mean haha.

He would be pretty much a perfect fit to replace Eli Brooks’ role imo. Totally understand the appeal and would have preferred Shannon’s upside but Grandison is really underrated imo.

I think he is going to pick Duke unless they don’t really want him tho.

It'll be his third team and sixth year of college lol.

Call me a curmudgeon but my interest in CBB is waning quickly.

Need to adopt:
-2 and done or go straight to the G League / Overseas.
-One single free transfer anything else is automatic year of sitting. Use it wisely.

I’ve always been a proponent of allowing kids to go pro right away or 2 and done if they choose college.
Why force a kid to stay 2 years if they can make the league after 1?

I’m all for letting them go pro right after HS, too.

Will likely never happen as NCAA will always want to get the maximum amount of kids to go to college in the first place.
It's not an NCAA rule unless they're paying off the NBA. But I see it as them protecting teams from making bad decisions and getting a year to checkout players against better than high school competition.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
We had to watch Spike Albrecht at Purdue and some others so I know what you mean haha.

He would be pretty much a perfect fit to replace Eli Brooks’ role imo. Totally understand the appeal and would have preferred Shannon’s upside but Grandison is really underrated imo.

I think he is going to pick Duke unless they don’t really want him tho.
Sounds like it will be Duke.

He was pretty much Purdue’s last transfer hope with a pulse.

If anyone is interested, Purdue is holding point guard tryouts Monday at the Co-rec on Purdue’s campus. 😎
IncompletePlasticBluebreastedkookaburra-size_restricted.gif

Booker taking another visit to IU...

One official.....One unofficial----and now another unofficial visit on the 17th...

Why? He would likely be as good or better than freshman Houstan was. I’d rather see that getting minutes over Will Tschetter, even discounting the upside.
Talent wise, I’m fine with it even though he doesn’t bring much of what we really need imo. The issue is that he and his camp a cancer and could mess with the culture.

Talent wise, I’m fine with it even though he doesn’t bring much of what we really need imo. The issue is that he and his camp a cancer and could mess with the culture.

I think he will be a solid shooter on the wing and be able to create some of his own offense which could help take pressure off JL. I think people are capping his skillset too much based off of a 17 year old freshman season. He was a full year younger than Caleb Houstan last season. 33% wasn’t great shooting but we would’ve been thrilled with 33% from three from Collins, Bufkin, Barnes, or Tschetter right?

Booker taking another visit to IU...

One official.....One unofficial----and now another unofficial visit on the 17th...
People won't like to hear this but they should. IU at its best is the leagues best chance to raise its level of play and talent enough to win a title. No other school in the conference has Indiana's ceiling.

People won't like to hear this but they should. IU at its best is the leagues best chance to raise its level of play and talent enough to win a title. No other school in the conference has Indiana's ceiling.
I can help you guys start a plan to get there:

Step 1
Stop being worse than Rutgers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT