ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can help you guys start a plan to get there:

Step 1
Stop being worse than Rutgers
Comparing Rutgers best teams ever since the 70s to IUs worst stretch in its history and being marginally better is a bit much.

People won't like to hear this but they should. IU at its best is the leagues best chance to raise its level of play and talent enough to win a title. No other school in the conference has Indiana's ceiling.
Considering 5 different Big Ten teams have played in National Title games since Indiana has, this is hilarious.

Maybe you guys can just finish above .500 this year, that’s a more realistic goal.

Considering 5 different Big Ten teams have played in National Title games since Indiana has, this is hilarious.

Maybe you guys can just finish above .500 this year, that’s a more realistic goal.
Once again it goes completely above your head.

Sell our souls to what?
"To what"? I dunno----But to "Who" is a better question. I think.

Your b/c is not, well, at the moment, very good. JMO. On the other hand, I think Indiana's is pretty good, and could potentially be really good.

Again,JMIO...

What does that have to do with 2022-23? I mean shit, St. Pete has played in more SW 16 games this year, than Illinois has since 2005----Does that mean their ceiling is higher this year?

Last year.....5 years ago-----It means nadda.

IU will finish above .500...

How about you dudes quit choking on your dicks in the 2nd round as a Top 4 seed. Seems like a realistic goal......Right?

What does that have to do with 2022-23? I mean shit, St. Pete has played in more SW 16 games this year, than Illinois has since 2005----Does that mean their ceiling is higher this year?

Last year.....5 years ago-----It means nadda.

IU will finish above .500...

How about you dudes quit choking on your dicks in the 2nd round as a Top 4 seed. Seems like a realistic goal......Right?
Your returning team nearly lost by 30 in the first round.

Lol at thinking your ceiling is the highest this year.

Delusional fan base.

Your returning team nearly lost by 30 in the first round.

Lol at thinking your ceiling is the highest this year.

Delusional fan base.
Where did I say that?

IU went 1-1 in the NCAAT-----same as Illinois. Lost by 30, or whatever it was----But you fail to mention IU was on their 5th game in 8 days---not to mention having to travel across the country. They were gassed, and even the SMC HC even said as much...

THat loss means shit for this year. IU returns basically everyone from a 21 win team, that made the NCAAT....6 of their 11 B10 losses were by 5 or fewer points; not including their OT loss at OSU. IU has the B10's best class coming in, or close to it. ON the other hand, everyone else suffered major losses---IU did not.

A team that was very competitive in the B10, won 21 games, made the NCAAT, returns like 88% of their production, brining in a very good class, its somehow ridiculous to think they COULD have a higher ceiling than anyone in the B10?

Ok, fair---I guess. Given IU's recent woes. SO tell me, in your opinion, who has a higher ceiling?

You aren’t ever going to be “at your best”, because it isn’t 1980 and you aren’t actually a blueblood.

Probably won’t want to hear it, but it’s the truth.
CLoser to a blueblood than Illinois will ever be....IU has been shit for 20 years----a glimpse of hope here and there. Yet still has better results than Illinois. You hilljacks havent been to a SW 16 in 18 fukin years....IU has been to 3....YOu have ONE B10 title-----IU has two....NOt to mention, you went 8 straight years w/o an NCAAT appearances..

Keep up the good work choking on pig dicks in the 2nd round...

I know, I know---its 1980.....we lost by 30 to SMC....Blah.blah and blah...

CLoser to a blueblood than Illinois will ever be....IU has been shit for 20 years----a glimpse of hope here and there. Yet still has better results than Illinois. You hilljacks havent been to a SW 16 in 18 fukin years....IU has been to 3....YOu have ONE B10 title-----IU has two....NOt to mention, you went 8 straight years w/o an NCAAT appearances..

Keep up the good work choking on pig dicks in the 2nd round...

I know, I know---its 1980.....we lost by 30 to SMC....Blah.blah and blah...
For some perspective, I saw a post comparing the last 6 years of Indiana to John Groce’s tenure, and John Groce won.

Where did I say that?

IU went 1-1 in the NCAAT-----same as Illinois. Lost by 30, or whatever it was----But you fail to mention IU was on their 5th game in 8 days---not to mention having to travel across the country. They were gassed, and even the SMC HC even said as much...

THat loss means shit for this year. IU returns basically everyone from a 21 win team, that made the NCAAT....6 of their 11 B10 losses were by 5 or fewer points; not including their OT loss at OSU. IU has the B10's best class coming in, or close to it. ON the other hand, everyone else suffered major losses---IU did not.

A team that was very competitive in the B10, won 21 games, made the NCAAT, returns like 88% of their production, brining in a very good class, its somehow ridiculous to think they COULD have a higher ceiling than anyone in the B10?

Ok, fair---I guess. Given IU's recent woes. SO tell me, in your opinion, who has a higher ceiling?
Lol at counting a play-in game as a tourney win.

In the actual tourney you nearly got 30 pieced by St. Mary’s. Have fun bringing back 88% of your minutes of a shitty team.

Should’ve Creaned some kids to get some shooters in, but apparently another first round exit is your goal.

Lol at counting a play-in game as a tourney win.

In the actual tourney you nearly got 30 pieced by St. Mary’s. Have fun bringing back 88% of your minutes of a shitty team.

Should’ve Creaned some kids to get some shooters in, but apparently another first round exit is your goal.
I mean, the NCAA does.....

That shitty team Indiana team split with Illinois..

I know you're trolling---Or I hope. Dunno. Maybe you;re wanna of those dudes that only thinks your team can get better? I dunno.

Not sure why you keep bringing up a gassed Indiana team getting blown out by a Top 20'sh, 5th seeded SMC team??? What relevance is there to this?

We'll see how it pans out....

For some perspective, I saw a post comparing the last 6 years of Indiana to John Groce’s tenure, and John Groce won.
Won what? Groce went to ONE NCAAT.

IU won a Big 10 title(2016). Has went to two NCAAT; would have been 3 if not for COVID.

Exactly what did Groce win?

I feel like this off-season thread has been much more tame compared to last year. The ncaa’s humbled us all lol

Reactions: cmore79
Won what? Groce went to ONE NCAAT.

IU won a Big 10 title(2016). Has went to two NCAAT; would have been 3 if not for COVID.

Exactly what did Groce win?
I should’ve said 5 years for it to be comparable to Groce. Either way, it’s been 7 years since the season you’re referring to.

I mean, the NCAA does.....

That shitty team Indiana team split with Illinois..

I know you're trolling---Or I hope. Dunno. Maybe you;re wanna of those dudes that only thinks your team can get better? I dunno.

Not sure why you keep bringing up a gassed Indiana team getting blown out by a Top 20'sh, 5th seeded SMC team??? What relevance is there to this?

We'll see how it pans out....
Your team was in a play-in game and nearly got 30 pieced by the first decent team you played.

That’s the relevance, there is reason Indiana was in the play in.

Because that roster is mid.

1-1, we need @GOO_HAM to break the tie.

Emoni or bank the scholarship?
At this point

sign-me-up-conor-mcgregor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1016CC0503
I feel like this off-season thread has been much more tame compared to last year. The ncaa’s humbled us all lol
St. Peter’s game along with all this NIL shit that puts Purdue at even more of a disadvantage has sucked my soul for the time being in regards to college bball. I’ll get it back I’m sure though.

Always good to see IU won the offseason again apparently. It’ll pan out one of these years for them.

All of it. Unless you were just trying to bait us and don’t actually believe it.
I don't know how anyone can't. IU can recruit, you all have said this, IU with a competent coach, school backed NIL, can bring in the high end talent it takes to win a title. Forcing other B1G schools to improve their recruiting and talent level. Iron sharpens Iron and you have a B1G national champion. And yes I believe Indiana has the highest ceiling as a school/program of anyone in the B1G, not this year or necessarily with Woodson but in general, it's already been proven.

I don't know how anyone can't. IU can recruit, you all have said this, IU with a competent coach, school backed NIL, can bring in the high end talent it takes to win a title. Forcing other B1G schools to improve their recruiting and talent level. Iron sharpens Iron and you have a B1G national champion. And yes I believe Indiana has the highest ceiling as a school/program of anyone in the B1G, not this year or necessarily with Woodson but in general, it's already been proven.

It was proven when things were drastically different in the college basketball world. IU is certainly in the top tier in terms of highest ceiling of anyone in the conference but I think you could easily put Michigan and Michigan State right up there with them. Hell, I think even a program like OSU has a high ceiling in basketball with all of the resources they have. IU isn’t in some class of their own in the conference when it comes to highest ceiling.

People won't like to hear this but they should. IU at its best is the leagues best chance to raise its level of play and talent enough to win a title. No other school in the conference has Indiana's ceiling.
Dafuq?

Isn’t that illegal?

• Haha
Reactions: boiler1987
It was proven when things were drastically different in the college basketball world. IU is certainly in the top tier in terms of highest ceiling of anyone in the conference but I think you could easily put Michigan and Michigan State right up there with them. Hell, I think even a program like OSU has a high ceiling in basketball with all of the resources they have. IU isn’t in some class of their own in the conference when it comes to highest ceiling.
I’d say OSU has the highest ceiling, particularly in the NIL era.

Parker Fox about to dunk all over the Big Ten. Players better watch out for nuts flying in their faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT