ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter Dickinson rn

fresh-prince-room.gif
Good for him. He can finally fit his ego in the room.

So, the consensus seems to be Indiana and Illinois are the top two contenders in the Big Ten?

The more I look at Illini's roster, the more I like it. No issues with Indiana being preseason #1, but I don't think the gap is that big. Terrence Shannon averaged close to 17 ppg before his injury. Skyy Clark should be one of the elite freshmen. And Matthew Mayer and RJ Melendez are both incredibly efficient. They just need larger roles. Wouldn't be surprised if they both average between 12-14 ppg. Melendez absolutely should be starting next year (Rothstein is crazy). Things don't always turned out as planned, but I think Illinois could replicate the success of the 2022 season.

Also interested to see the developments of Iowa's Kris Murray, Patrick McCaffery, and Tony Perkins. Really solid trio right there. Feel like two of those guys will average 15+ ppg. They're a dark horse contender, IMO.
Top 4 for sure.

Gotta respect a homer fan, though. Lol. We all care a lot about our teams, and it sucks REAL bad when you're down on them ... so, I guess live it up when things are looking up! :cool:

I'll stick with what I said before. Top 20 team should finish top 4 in the conference. Defense and front court will be really really good. Back court still has some questions marks, XJ needs to take care of the ball and outside shooting is the obvious question mark. May be the favorite on paper but so was Michigan last year.

I'll stick with what I said before. Top 20 team should finish top 4 in the conference. Defense and front court will be really really good. Back court still has some questions marks, XJ needs to take care of the ball and outside shooting is the obvious question mark. May be the favorite on paper but so was Michigan last year.
Pretty much what I said/think......

I'm just having fun, Borden believes what he's posting.
Remind me.....been a long few weeks. Exactly what did I post, that was so outlandish? Ohhh.....was it the, "If TJD returns, IU COULD BE an Elite 8/FF type of team? If so.....OK. Cool.

Only concern with this team is shooting. That's it.

Just gonna make this prediciton....

TJD returns----Indiana wins the B10. If he doesn't, I still think they are Top 4, or better.

IU with Davis, IMO, could be a legit E8, FF ceiling type of team.
I’d guess most would consider this outlandish for a team that finished 9th place in Conference last year, got a 12 seed, and promptly trounced by ~30ish points to St Mary’s.

I’d guess most would consider this outlandish for a team that finished 9th place in Conference last year, got a 12 seed, and promptly trounced by ~30ish points to St Mary’s.
Seems to be a lot of folks with this same outlandish take----as many experts, etc, etc...have picked IU as favorites to win the B10----and why?

TJD returned.

Sure they finished 9th----but of their 11 losses, 6 were by 5 points or less.

Its usually not outlandish to think tht a team that won 21 games, went to the NCAAT, returns roughly 90%+ of their scoring, which includes a potential 1st/2nd team All-American, a Top 10 or so class, led by two 5* recruits----to maybe , just maybe be ,well, better....??

THe loss to SMC is waaaaay overblown. For one, St.Mary's was a pretty good basketball team....Two, IU was like what, on their 5th game or so , in like 8 days?

I'll stick with what I said----I think Indiana wins the B10.....especially if the shooting improves. Even if not, they'll still compete for a B10 title....On paper, this COULD be a very good team.

RU baseball got poop dicked
How did they not make the NCAAT?

44-15......Led the nation in runs per game....RPI was 42; although OOC schedule was shit. But still...

2nd in the B10 regular season...Runner-up in B10 tourney----and do not make the NCAAT? At 44-15?

Holy shit.....

Also, thought Kentucky would get in as well....

Reactions: hawkit3113
Seems to be a lot of folks with this same outlandish take----as many experts, etc, etc...have picked IU as favorites to win the B10----and why?

TJD returned.

Sure they finished 9th----but of their 11 losses, 6 were by 5 points or less.

Its usually not outlandish to think tht a team that won 21 games, went to the NCAAT, returns roughly 90%+ of their scoring, which includes a potential 1st/2nd team All-American, a Top 10 or so class, led by two 5* recruits----to maybe , just maybe be ,well, better....??

THe loss to SMC is waaaaay overblown. For one, St.Mary's was a pretty good basketball team....Two, IU was like what, on their 5th game or so , in like 8 days?

I'll stick with what I said----I think Indiana wins the B10.....especially if the shooting improves. Even if not, they'll still compete for a B10 title....On paper, this COULD be a very good team.
It’s fine for you to think all that.

It’s also fine for people to think it’s a homer take.

It’s fine for you to think all that.

It’s also fine for people to think it’s a homer take.
Agree.....But its not just me----its those who, ya know, do this shit for a living.picking IU as preseason favs to win the B10...

And why?

TJD...

IU wasn't terrible last year...Lost a ton of close games. Return basically everyone, and bring in a very good class.

We shall see....I think they are legit B10 title contenders....And, COULD BE an E8/FF team if shooting improves, and Reneau/JHS are as advertised.

Not sure what is so "homerish" about this.....Roster/talent wise, can you name more than two teams you'd put ahead of Indiana?

How did they not make the NCAAT?

44-15......Led the nation in runs per game....RPI was 42; although OOC schedule was shit. But still...

2nd in the B10 regular season...Runner-up in B10 tourney----and do not make the NCAAT? At 44-15?

Holy shit.....

Also, thought Kentucky would get in as well....

The Big 10 needs another team to make a run

Agree.....But its not just me----its those who, ya know, do this shit for a living.picking IU as preseason favs to win the B10...

And why?

TJD...

IU wasn't terrible last year...Lost a ton of close games. Return basically everyone, and bring in a very good class.

We shall see....I think they are legit B10 title contenders....And, COULD BE an E8/FF team if shooting improves, and Reneau/JHS are as advertised.

Not sure what is so "homerish" about this.....Roster/talent wise, can you name more than two teams you'd put ahead of Indiana?
Those same people had Michigan and Purdue winning last year.

Their predictions mean dick to me.

I think Illinois and Indiana are the best two in terms of roster talent, but we haven’t seen how everything will fit together for either.

After that Michigan, Purdue, Wisconsin, Ohio St, and Iowa will all be top 25 teams with potential. All of those teams could be legit contenders in conference.

Those same people had Michigan and Purdue winning last year.

Their predictions mean dick to me.

I think Illinois and Indiana are the best two in terms of roster talent, but we haven’t seen how everything will fit together for either.

After that Michigan, Purdue, Wisconsin, Ohio St, and Iowa will all be top 25 teams with potential. All of those teams could be legit contenders in conference.
DOn't disagree at all....

Predictions are what they are----and I don't put much stock in them either--Just pointing out that others feel the same as I do-----Are they also "IU homers"?---That was my point.

Indiana returns a lot, and brings in some really good talent. How that pans out on the floor---IDK. Games aren't won on paper, won on the floor.

I just hope Woody doesn't fall into the "gonna stick with my seniors" thingy again, i.e. Kopp. Its going to be interesting and I think we will find out more about Woodson as a coach this year, than last. He has a very talented and deep roster----he's got pieces. And good ones. IF IU can fix their shooting issues, they'll be very hard to beat....And hopefully TJD has worked on his jumper as been reported; Dude develops a shot from 10' or so----good luck.

Like I said, ON PAPER, roster wise, this IU team COULD be really good. Very high ceiling for sure.

Reactions: BSU84
DOn't disagree at all....

Predictions are what they are----and I don't put much stock in them either--Just pointing out that others feel the same as I do-----Are they also "IU homers"?---That was my point.

Indiana returns a lot, and brings in some really good talent. How that pans out on the floor---IDK. Games aren't won on paper, won on the floor.

I just hope Woody doesn't fall into the "gonna stick with my seniors" thingy again, i.e. Kopp. Its going to be interesting and I think we will find out more about Woodson as a coach this year, than last. He has a very talented and deep roster----he's got pieces. And good ones. IF IU can fix their shooting issues, they'll be very hard to beat....And hopefully TJD has worked on his jumper as been reported; Dude develops a shot from 10' or so----good luck.

Like I said, ON PAPER, roster wise, this IU team COULD be really good. Very high ceiling for sure.
High floor. Ceiling is limited due to spacing issues.

Remind me.....been a long few weeks. Exactly what did I post, that was so outlandish? Ohhh.....was it the, "If TJD returns, IU COULD BE an Elite 8/FF type of team? If so.....OK. Cool.

Only concern with this team is shooting. That's it.
My only concern with Indiana is they are essentially returning the exact same team and addressed none of the flaws of last year’s team.

My only concern with Indiana is they are essentially returning the exact same team and addressed none of the flaws of last year’s team.
I think the one thing people are banking on is another year in woodsons system. Outside shooting will be what keeps them from being a top 10 team.

Man, I'm glad Haas got this cleared up. I'm sure he was itching to get it resolved. I bet he wishes he had wrapped it up sooner.

Puns stolen from home board.

• Haha
Reactions: MGC_07
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT