ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like emoni may end up at UM after all
Please let it happen.

Would be the single most hated player by MSU fans of all time.

The team I root against has Emoni Bates and Hunter Dickinson? That’s just too easy to hate. Would be one of the least likeable teams ever for you guys.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
Howard going to let daddy be at all of the practices?
Emoni is going to the program that gives him the most money. He confirmed he didn’t go to MSU because Izzo didn’t want to give him that bag (his comment). If UM is willing to pay up he’ll end up there.

Emoni is going to the program that gives him the most money. He confirmed he didn’t go to MSU because Izzo didn’t want to give him that bag (his comment). If UM is willing to pay up he’ll end up there.
Mayer pretty much said that he wanted to go where the NIL was the best. It's the way it is now, at least for most of the players.

Reactions: Jaycg15 and MGC_07
That was when he had value. It isn’t true now at all.

He is begging for UM to take him. UM only will if they strike out on other targets and get really desperate. He still has upside but nobody really thinks he’s worth the risk.

im-out-we-out.gif

Who was the bigger bust between Caleb Houstan and Max Christie?

This is a tough one.

Max Christie 20th ranked overall recruit
30.8 Minutes
9.3 PPG
3.5 Rebounds
1.5 Assists
38% FG%

Caleb Houstan 11th ranked overall recruit
32.1 Minutes
10.1 PPG
4.0 Rebounds
1.4 Assists
38% FG%

Last edited:
Reactions: GOO_HAM
Who was the bigger bust between Caleb Houstan and Max Christie?

This is a tough one.

Max Christie 20th ranked overall recruit
30.8 Minutes
9.3 PPG
3.5 Rebounds
1.5 Assists
38% FG%

Caleb Houstan 11th ranked overall recruit
32.1 Minutes
10.1 PPG
4.0 Rebounds
1.4 Assists
38% FG%
Houstan put up 5 pts in 60 mins of NCAA tourney action, generally looking like he was afraid to be on the court.

I’m not sure a team ever got less out of two 5 stars than Michigan did last year.

Houstan put up 5 pts in 60 mins of NCAA tourney action, generally looking like he was afraid to be on the court.

I’m not sure a team ever got less out of two 5 stars than Michigan did last year.
They were starters on a tournament team that made the sweet 16. They were disappointing relative to their rankings but there are countless teams who got less out of 2 five stars over the years.

Nsiap but this made me chuckle.
Especially when I saw the end of The JR tweet.
Remember when Purdue finished 4th in conference, and that got a 5 seed in the tourney was predicted to win the Big Ten the next year? They even had a top 5 draft pick on their roster, yet still ended up finishing 3rd.

Now Indiana, a team that finished 9th in conference, got a 12 seed (last 4 in) and lost by almost 30 points to a mediocre St Mary’s teams, has nobody about to make a Jaden Ivey hump, yet is the “favorite”.

LMAO

Reactions: ConqueringHero
They were starters on a tournament team that made the sweet 16. They were disappointing relative to their rankings but there are countless teams who got less out of 2 five stars over the years.
I think probably the only positive about UM’s season is they made it out of the first weekend. Other than that I’m not sure what else. Probably Dickinson coming back for his JR year would be #2.

Howard has basically coached 3 wildly different teams and will have an all new team his 4th season. What a rollercoaster.

Reactions: Spoonman04
😂

What’s really sad is that when a .500 Big Ten team isn’t an immediate national title contender, you’ll all turn on that poor coach of yours and start the whole process over in two years!
Im a little confused, are you saying we shouldn't have fired Archie or we're gonna fire woody in 2 years after a .500 season?

I think probably the only positive about UM’s season is they made it out of the first weekend. Other than that I’m not sure what else. Probably Dickinson coming back for his JR year would be #2.

Howard has basically coached 3 wildly different teams and will have an all new team his 4th season. What a rollercoaster.
Yeah. Making the sweet 16, returning your all American, keeping Saddi Washington.
Thankfully that’s more positives than some other teams.
Roster is in flux with the NBA draft and portal but that’s kind of the nature of college hoops now.

So, the consensus seems to be Indiana and Illinois are the top two contenders in the Big Ten?

The more I look at Illini's roster, the more I like it. No issues with Indiana being preseason #1, but I don't think the gap is that big. Terrence Shannon averaged close to 17 ppg before his injury. Skyy Clark should be one of the elite freshmen. And Matthew Mayer and RJ Melendez are both incredibly efficient. They just need larger roles. Wouldn't be surprised if they both average between 12-14 ppg. Melendez absolutely should be starting next year (Rothstein is crazy). Things don't always turned out as planned, but I think Illinois could replicate the success of the 2022 season.

Also interested to see the developments of Iowa's Kris Murray, Patrick McCaffery, and Tony Perkins. Really solid trio right there. Feel like two of those guys will average 15+ ppg. They're a dark horse contender, IMO.

@Deathclutch, just saw on ESPN that former Gophers and Cowboys RB Marion Barber has died, cause unknown.

I remember him and Laurence Maroney.

RIP.
Yeah, that was a hell of a duo. Unfortunately, Barber took alot of shots to the head, being a very good goal-line and short yardage back. There have been posts over on the "hole" in recent years, that he wasn't doing well mentally.

So, the consensus seems to be Indiana and Illinois are the top two contenders in the Big Ten?

The more I look at Illini's roster, the more I like it. No issues with Indiana being preseason #1, but I don't think the gap is that big. Terrence Shannon averaged close to 17 ppg before his injury. Skyy Clark should be one of the elite freshmen. And Matthew Mayer and RJ Melendez are both incredibly efficient. They just need larger roles. Wouldn't be surprised if they both average between 12-14 ppg. Melendez absolutely should be starting next year (Rothstein is crazy). Things don't always turned out as planned, but I think Illinois could replicate the success of the 2022 season.

Also interested to see the developments of Iowa's Kris Murray, Patrick McCaffery, and Tony Perkins. Really solid trio right there. Feel like two of those guys will average 15+ ppg. They're a dark horse contender, IMO.

Yes, yes!!!!

Reactions: dukedevilz
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT